You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Splash1701D

HOW TO "SELECT" A FRIENDLY PLAYER

19 comments in this topic

[USCGC]
Members
52 posts
2,067 battles

OK...Today, while in battle, in the chat, another player posted showing my player name and ship name, to "Get Back!". Now I know about the Tab key and the B key for quick commands, but I don't know how to "select" a friendly player specifically to give a command to. I know how to "target" an enemy with the X key but can't figure this out. Does this make sense to anyone lol? Thanks!

Members
3,649 posts
13,178 battles

Point your aiming reticle on the player you want to highlight, and then press the command you want to give.

Edited by Rollingonit

[USCGC]
Members
52 posts
2,067 battles

I feel like a complete idiot. I have spent over an hour trying to figure this out and I still can't do it. I do that and it just says Get Back in the chat...not specifically directed at anyone.  I've done it from inside the Tab menu and from the the player list on the left of the screen. Ugggg. 

Members
566 posts
255 battles

the little dot in the center of your screen has to go over their ship. i put target reticle on a friendly ship and left mouse clicked. the quick command didn't work but i got pink for 2 battles...

• Funny 2

[USCGC]
Members
52 posts
2,067 battles

Is it supposed to "select" them? Does it put a circle around them? I tried that and nothing happens. Maybe I've been playing to long today lol. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,234 posts
4,119 battles

Press and hold B. Center what you want to call out in the middle of the chat command circle. Mouse over what you want to say, and release B. Basically aim at what you want to call out. Sometimes it misses, but usually on point.

When I read the thread title I thought you were asking how to lock onto a friendly, and was expecting a whole different conversation...

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,391 posts
19,269 battles
5 minutes ago, Splash1701D said:

Is it supposed to "select" them? Does it put a circle around them?

No.

Hover your aim reticle over a friendly ship and press the button for the desired quick command. There's no 'selecting', no circle, no targeting. It's context sensitive.

[USCGC]
Members
52 posts
2,067 battles
6 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Press and hold B. Center what you want to call out in the middle of the chat command circle. Mouse over what you want to say, and release B. Basically aim at what you want to call out. Sometimes it misses, but usually on point.

When I read the thread title I thought you were asking how to lock onto a friendly, and was expecting a whole different conversation...

Tea this part I know. I'm trying figure out how to direct it at a specific friendly player/ 

[USCGC]
Members
52 posts
2,067 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

No.

Hover your aim reticle over a friendly ship and press the button for the desired quick command. There's no 'selecting', no circle, no targeting. It's context sensitive.

It just puts the command in the chat but not directed to a specific individual. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,234 posts
4,119 battles
1 minute ago, Splash1701D said:

Tea this part I know. I'm trying figure out how to direct it at a specific friendly player

8 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Center what you want to call out in the middle of the chat command circle.

The person you want to call out should be in the center of the command circle.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,391 posts
19,269 battles
3 minutes ago, Splash1701D said:

It just puts the command in the chat but not directed to a specific individual. 

Can you take a screenshot of this happening, because the only thing I can think of now is "You're not doing it right".

[EQRN]
Members
2,052 posts
17,819 battles
41 minutes ago, Splash1701D said:

OK...Today, while in battle, in the chat, another player posted showing my player name and ship name, to "Get Back!". Now I know about the Tab key and the B key for quick commands, but I don't know how to "select" a friendly player specifically to give a command to. I know how to "target" an enemy with the X key but can't figure this out. Does this make sense to anyone lol? Thanks!

Its really quite easy.  You have to be in a ship with torpedoes.  You press 3, aim ahead of the person you would like to communicate with, then press the left mouse button.

• Funny 1

[USCGC]
Members
52 posts
2,067 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Can you take a screenshot of this happening, because the only thing I can think of now is "You're not doing it right".

I can't even whisper or chat with a specific player. I'm doing everything exactly as its stated. O might just have to give this one up. I like to think I'm a pretty smart guy but all this button pushing is for the young lol. 

[USCGC]
Members
52 posts
2,067 battles
3 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Its really quite easy.  You have to be in a ship with torpedoes.  You press 3, aim ahead of the person you would like to communicate with, then press the left mouse button.

Are you trying to get me to shoot them with Torpedoes? That's not very nice to tell someone who is looking for help. 

[USCGC]
Members
52 posts
2,067 battles

OK so now I see the little, tiny white dot where my cursor would be and you have to put it right on the players name and then press the correct F command. Thanks to all who actually helped and not to the fiendish FrodoFraggin...:cap_cool:

Members
3,649 posts
13,178 battles
1 minute ago, Splash1701D said:

OK so now I see the little, tiny white dot where my cursor would be and you have to put it right on the players name and then press the correct F command. Thanks to all who actually helped and not to the fiendish FrodoFraggin...:cap_cool:

yahhhhhh......... lol

[FML]
Members
4,028 posts
15,640 battles
40 minutes ago, Splash1701D said:

Yep, you finally got it. 

Just be aware that the little dot works on the players ship and their name, but if you have it between those two it can miss and that’s annoying. But just correct it and try again and it should work. 

[GWG]
Members
7,029 posts
13,605 battles

Press the 'M' button.

Place your cursor over the person you want to signal

Press the 'F9' key for 'get back'...  'F12' for 'Thank You'.

This is the safest since your guns aren't aiming at them.

• Cool 1