You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Illustratum_AEternam

Slava cancelled?

59 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
507 posts
10,345 battles

so rare to have such high profile Stalin-made ship not being released, it was tested on live server back in July

how could it still not being released now?

I heard rumors its cancelled all together

[TARK]
Members
6,895 posts
2,609 battles
Just now, Primace said:

so rare to have such high profile Stalin-made ship not being released, it was tested on live server back in July

Its effect on the meta was so bad even WG noticed it...

I think it's just a shelved concept. The ship could come back as something different if they wanted to...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Beta Testers
816 posts
13,523 battles
1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Its effect on the meta was so bad even WG noticed it...

and yet Smolensk was released...

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
6,895 posts
2,609 battles
2 minutes ago, hexeris said:

Missed my point.

Slava was even WORSE for the meta than Smolensk. It was so bad, that even WG (who are notorious for ignoring the impact of new ships on meta) saw and recognized how bad it would be for the game.

• Boring 3

[SQUAD]
Members
9,159 posts
11,191 battles

Sometimes it takes a while to get ships right for full release. It took forever for T61 to get released, well over the 6 months or so for Slava. Patience, have patience.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,801 posts

The Indomitable was tested before then.  Just heard a few days ago that it's back at the drawing board.  Ships take a long time sometimes.

[HSD]
Members
713 posts
12,480 battles

It's interesting though that Thunderer is here with near identical dispersion (at least the horizontal) and the same sigma, and if the numbers are accurate the shell flight times are within a second of Slava even out to 20km.

I can only guess it's the penetration of Slava that pushes it too far, but then when you consider what the Slava gives up in it's latest iteration in terms things like healing. While Thunderer has a respectable heal, excellent BB rudder and very strong HE to giving it additional flexibility.

There must be more buried mechanics because there was plenty of ruckus kicked up by Slava but Thunderer has just kind of been ignored, in spite of it's incredible accuracy.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KIA-A]
Members
260 posts
7,647 battles

What they did with T-61, a ship a bunch of CCs complained about, because it had the same reload on the torpedoes as the Z-52, and basically blasted all other T6 DDs into another postal code of irrelevance, was that they shelved it for several months and then magically released it out of nowhere.

Expect a Stalinium surprise sometime in 2020.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,387 posts
19,259 battles
44 minutes ago, Primace said:

Where did you hear those rumors? Anywhere credible?

[NFJF]
Members
669 posts
9,976 battles
21 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Slava was even WORSE for the meta than Smolensk.

Lol! Please enlighten me on how you came to that conclusion? We're talking about a BB that had accurate guns "and nothing else particularly amazing about it," vs a CL that has about 3 grozs' worth of fire power and reload, that can just smoke up wherever, and HE spam and burn down ships with near impunity without any real danger of being killed itself!  IDK where you've been the last 3-6 months, but the current "meta" is high rof, HE spamming cruisers, not BBs with accurate guns. At least the Slava is a big target that is easy to hit, and therefore easy to do damage to. Also keeping in mind she has a lot less HP than the Kremlin, and nowhere near the survivability either. Again, her only exceptional quality was accurate main guns, Kremlin is better in basically every other category. She was meant as an alternative for players like me, who prefer BBs with guns that reward good aiming, at the cost of having less survivability. As powerful as Smolensk is, she should've been for steel. This way, there would be a lot fewer of them in game, and a lot of players would have still preferred the Stalingrad, further controlling the population. Back on Slava, instead of a tech tree alternative, she should be a steel or research bureau ship. This way, players like me who are dedicated enough or want her bad enough can earn her, and there would be a limited number of them in circulation so they wouldn't cause a drastic shift in playstyle at their tier. On a side note, hearing about the Smolensk nerfing was some of the best news Ive heard in this game in a while!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[TARK]
Members
6,895 posts
2,609 battles
4 minutes ago, admiralsexybeast said:

Lol! Please enlighten me on how you came to that conclusion? We're talking about a BB that had accurate guns "and nothing else particularly amazing about it," vs a CL that has about 3 grozs' worth of fire power and reload, that can just smoke up wherever, and HE spam and burn down ships with near impunity without any real danger of being killed itself!  IDK where you've been the last 3-6 months, but the current "meta" is high rof, HE spamming cruisers, not BBs with accurate guns. At least the Slava is a big target that is easy to hit, and therefore easy to do damage to. Also keeping in mind she has a lot less HP than the Kremlin, and nowhere near the survivability either. Again, her only exceptional quality was accurate main guns, Kremlin is better in basically every other category. She was meant as an alternative for players like me, who prefer BBs with guns that reward good aiming, at the cost of having less survivability. As powerful as Smolensk is, she should've been for steel. This way, there would be a lot fewer of them in game, and a lot of players would have still preferred the Stalingrad, further controlling the population. Back on Slava, instead of a tech tree alternative, she should be a steel or research bureau ship. This way, players like me who are dedicated enough or want her bad enough can earn her, and there would be a limited number of them in circulation so they wouldn't cause a drastic shift in playstyle at their tier. On a side note, hearing about the Smolensk nerfing was some of the best news Ive heard in this game in a while!

Accurate at >25 km is 'nothing special'?

I get you dislike Smolensk. So do I.

Accurate battleships are a cancer on the game meta and THE reason the game is a campfest... 

...and I say this as a battleship main.

• Boring 5

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,140 posts
16,209 battles
57 minutes ago, hexeris said:

6 minutes ago, admiralsexybeast said:

One person in this thread I didn't bother to quote is so.......................................................................Clueless?Gotta agree with you two that they'd release the Smellensk  and fine yet  Slava's too much?!?!?!?What the:etc_swear::Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
6,895 posts
2,609 battles
9 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

One person in this thread I didn't bother to quote is so.......................................................................Clueless?Gotta agree with you two that they'd release the Smellensk  and fine yet  Slava's too much?!?!?!?What the:etc_swear::Smile_facepalm:

WG has trouble releasing balanced ships, period. I've given up expecting it.

[-K-]
Members
8,388 posts
14,391 battles
1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Slava was even WORSE for the meta than Smolensk. 

Is it?  Have you played Ranked at all this season?

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
6,895 posts
2,609 battles
45 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Is it?  Have you played Ranked at all this season?

Does it really matter what my opinion is?

It's not like WG listens to me, or any of you for that matter.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,340 posts
7,571 battles

Sounds like a bunch of you have forgotten about certain other ships like Hyate (which is still stuck in the aether of dev hell), GZ (which kicked off one of the biggest scandals this game has seen), the aforementioned T-61, Indomitable, the CV rework itself (which was hinted at for well over a year before anything concrete was ever brought out), etc. Sometimes WG just takes their sweet time with certain things, sometimes concepts get discarded.

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles
2 hours ago, Primace said:

The problem is that if they release the Slava, they might as well refund ALL Stalingrad owners because every version of the Slava seen so far was a 100% upgrade from EVERYTHING Stalingrad.

• Boring 3

[POP]
Members
2,853 posts
23,016 battles
2 hours ago, Primace said:

Don't worry when the British Heavy Cruisers come out and are found to be even worse than the current Italian Cruiser line then WG will strike, not with a fanfare of triumphant celebrations but quietly slip Slava in while everyone is up in arms over bad British ships  :Smile_veryhappy: 

Edited by tm63au
  • Funny 1

Members
49 posts
175 battles
15 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Don't worry when the British Heavy Cruisers come out and are found to be even worse than the current Italian Cruiser line then WG will strike, not with a load fanfare of triumphant celebrations but quietly slip Slava in while everyone is up in arms over bad British ships  :Smile_veryhappy: 

Or the Leone.....:Smile_hiding:

[WOLF3]
Members
27,498 posts
24,067 battles

Slava is being kept in the Strategic Reserve.  When the Capitalist and Fascists pigs waver, the storm of Slava will come in and throw the invaders back to the filth they came from!

[POP]
Members
2,853 posts
23,016 battles
7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Slava is being kept in the Strategic Reserve.  When the Capitalist and Fascists pigs waver, the storm of Slava will come in and throw the invaders back to the filth they came from!

Possibly True but right know but Kremlin and the rest of the tech tree gang , Smolensk and her big brothers seem to be doing a fine job of that now.

Unless WG have some BB from another nation waiting in the wings so we can have a " Clash of the CASH COWS Titans " the COMRADES seem to have everything under control.

regards 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,498 posts
24,067 battles
48 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Possibly True but right know but Kremlin and the rest of the tech tree gang , Smolensk and her big brothers seem to be doing a fine job of that now.

Unless WG have some BB from another nation waiting in the wings so we can have a " Clash of the CASH COWS Titans " the COMRADES seem to have everything under control.

regards 

My insane prediction:  The next big wave isn't going to be British Heavy Cruisers.  No my friend!  The Line will release but their impact won't be great.  The real deal?  I bet it's going to be Italian BBs with actually workable SAP that will be the next big wave to hit the game in crazy ways.

I'm imagining Battleship SAP with Overmatch advantages that the piddly POS Cruiser SAP don't have.  Imagine what Overmatching ITA 381mm, 406mm (WG makes up guns after all), or some paper 430mm or 457mm guns firing SAP.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,140 posts
16,209 battles

I find it Extremely Strange  that so many people raise a ruckus  over Slava's  406 mm guns  are so accurate with  armor so light she dare not get close................................................And yet one of the oldest  BB's  in the game  with guns 460 mm that over match  everything and shoot from one end of the map to the other Accurately  and  having   Better Armor Too!   PS   I  forgot  Slava doesn't  get to shoot as often eithergiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1