You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sinton

Christmas/ New Years Guide...please

20 comments in this topic

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles

I have doubloons and I have a bit of FXP.  I like the concept of the dock yard, but I don't understand the progression to build the Puerto Rico.  A spelled out guide would help.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,218 battles
5 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I am sure they will explain it all with the patch notes when they come out.

This and someone will make a guide and post it here shortly after the patch hits.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,279 posts
20 minutes ago, Sinton said:

I have doubloons and I have a bit of FXP.  I like the concept of the dock yard, but I don't understand the progression to build the Puerto Rico.  A spelled out guide would help.

"A spelled out guide would help."

But would it? This is WG we're talking about. It might be better if they don't try to explain it.

• Cool 2

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/205796-psa-puerto-rico-dockyard-details-from-pts-with-calculations-snowflakes-too/?tab=comments#comment-4803417

Above is a post from a few days ago with what is known so far.  As said in previous posts, I would wait for the patch notes.

Jingles also did a video on it - may help.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
1 hour ago, Sinton said:

As others have noted, we should get an event article and/or patch notes in the next few days. The patch is expected to drop Wednesday, December 11th, so we should hopefully have the info by Tuesday evening. 

As noted above, the link below is a run down based on the PTS. Expect changes to rewards and/or requirements when it goes live.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,086 posts
3,994 battles

From those calcs it looks like if you do all the doubloon boosters right up front you really don't have to do much else, right @Kizarvexis?

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
2 hours ago, Bonfor said:

From those calcs it looks like if you do all the doubloon boosters right up front you really don't have to do much else, right @Kizarvexis?

Yes, IF the CP/min rate, CP instant bonuses and CP number to reach remain the same on the live server, you can buy all 3 Doubloon Boosts in the first 10 days and still get PR. But, we don't know yet if the numbers will stay the same on the live server yet. 

• Cool 1

[T_O_P]
Members
411 posts
4 hours ago, Sinton said:

Actually, IMO it is a FANTASTIC concept, and something that maybe we could see incorporated into regular gameplay? like that you could have option to buy a doubloon ship in payments (adding x amount of doubloons will pay for x amount of construction?), or if you are working on the tech tree like than your current ship xp can be used for "research/engineering" progress and the silver credits as they get earned can be used to pay for construction of next parts of the ship? idk but seems like a cool idea.

Edited by RusskiySpy

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,086 posts
3,994 battles
11 minutes ago, RusskiySpy said:

Actually, IMO it is a FANTASTIC concept, and something that maybe we could see incorporated into regular gameplay? like that you could have option to buy a doubloon ship in payments (adding x amount of doubloons will pay for x amount of construction?), or if you are working on the tech tree like than your current ship xp can be used for "research/engineering" progress and the silver credits as they get earned can be used to pay for construction of next parts of the ship? idk but seems like a cool idea.

Yes, it seems like a good idea, but I hope the math doesn't end up being too complicated for everyone, otherwise there will be a lot of bellyaching at the end when people fall just a bit short because it was too complicated to figure out.  They really should have an in-game tool to provide you with a red alert if you're behind schedule or a green light if you're ahead of schedule, or yellow warning if you're on the borderline.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
5 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Yes, it seems like a good idea, but I hope the math doesn't end up being too complicated for everyone, otherwise there will be a lot of bellyaching at the end when people fall just a bit short because it was too complicated to figure out.  They really should have an in-game tool to provide you with a red alert if you're behind schedule or a green light if you're ahead of schedule, or yellow warning if you're on the borderline.

If you hover over the CP rate, it will tell you how many of the phases you will finish by the end of the patch.

FLLpyYs.jpg

Edit: It would be good to know if you can keep up or not by getting other boosts. I don't know if we will get that.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,086 posts
3,994 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

If you hover over the CP rate, it will tell you how many of the phases you will finish by the end of the patch.

FLLpyYs.jpg

Edit: It would be good to know if you can keep up or not by getting other boosts. I don't know if we will get that.

That's helpful at least, but yeah, some way to extrapolate how best to catchup by purchasing or grinding boosts would also be helpful.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
12 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

That's helpful at least, but yeah, some way to extrapolate how best to catchup by purchasing or grinding boosts would also be helpful.

Definitely. My programming days are decades ago, so someone more fresh will have to gin up a calculator. Otherwise you can do it by hand.

These are PTS numbers and we do not know if they will be Live server numbers.

To calculate by hand, you first off note the CP/Min rate and amount of CP you have.

Say that you are at 6pm EST Dec 11th and all you did that morning was start the free boost at 9am EST. Your CP/min would be 130 CP/min and you would have roughly 5,632,400 CP. Look at the next bonus you are going to get.

Say you decide on the 1st dub boost of +4,500,000 instant CP and +104 CP/min. You instantly now have 10,132,400 CP and your CP/min is now 234 CP/min.

Take the 32,062,500 CP needed for PR and subtract your CP. 32,062,500 - 10,132,400 = 21,930,100 CP needed.

You then need to see how many minutes are left in the patch. So you take 6pm EST Dec 11th 2019 and calculate to 5am EST Jan 8th 2020 and find it is 39,540 minutes. A time duration calculator website can help. 

Take the 39,540 min and multiple by your 234 CP/min and you get 9,252,360. That is how much more CP you will add to your 10,132,400 you have, so you can see you will only get to 19,385,760 by the end of the patch and fall short if you do nothing else. As you add more boosts, check your amount of CP you have and subtract to find out how much you need to get. Then use your CP/min to see if you will make it or not. Or just look in game to see how many of the phases you will complete by the end of the patch.

Note: Just because you buy all three doubloons boosts at 9am EST on Wed, Dec 11th, does not mean you are getting PR right away. It will still take time. You would still have roughly 13,562,500 CP to go and a CP/min rate of 545 CP/min. So that 13.5M CP would take 24,886 minutes to complete. (13,562,500 / 545 = 24885.3 rounded to 24,886 for full minutes). So by buying all the Dub Boosts at 9am EST on Dec 11th, 2019 you would complete the PR at Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 3:46:00 pm.

Date to Date calculator with time fields. When you hit calculate, you can look at the bottom right to see the time in total minutes.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/timeduration.html?

This version of the page will allow you to add minutes to a particular date & time to see when that would be.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/timeadd.html?type=add

• Cool 1

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Definitely. My programming days are decades ago, so someone more fresh will have to gin up a calculator. Otherwise you can do it by hand.

To calculate by hand, you first off note the CP/Min rate and amount of CP you have.

Say that you are at 6pm EST Dec 11th and all you did that morning was start the free boost at 9am EST. Your CP/min would be 130 CP/min and you would have roughly 5,632,400 CP. Look at the next bonus you are going to get.

Say you decide on the 1st dub boost of +4,500,000 instant CP and +104 CP/min. You instantly now have 10,132,400 CP and your CP/min is now 234 CP/min.

Take the 32,062,500 CP needed for PR and subtract your CP. 32,062,500 - 10,132,400 = 21,930,100 CP needed.

You then need to see how many minutes are left in the patch. So you take 6pm EST Dec 11th 2019 and calculate to 5am EST Jan 8th 2020 and find it is 39,540 minutes. A time duration calculator website can help. 

Take the 39,540 min and multiple by your 234 CP/min and you get 9,252,360. That is how much more CP you will add to your 10,132,400 you have, so you can see you will only get to 19,385,760 by the end of the patch and fall short if you do nothing else. As you add more boosts, check your amount of CP you have and subtract to find out how much you need to get. Then use your CP/min to see if you will make it or not. Or just look in game to see how many of the phases you will complete by the end of the patch.

Note: Just because you buy all three doubloons boosts at 9am EST on Wed, Dec 11th, does not mean you are getting PR right away. It will still take time. You would still have roughly 13,562,500 CP to go and a CP/min rate of 545 CP/min. So that 13.5M CP would take 24,886 minutes to complete. (13,562,500 / 545 = 24885.3 rounded to 24,886 for full minutes). So by buying all the Dub Boosts at 9am EST on Dec 11th, 2019 you would complete the PR at Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 3:46:00 pm.

Date to Date calculator with time fields. When you hit calculate, you can look at the bottom right to see the time in total minutes.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/timeduration.html?

This version of the page will allow you to add minutes to a particular date & time to see when that would be.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/timeadd.html?type=add

Kiz, I gotta tell you that way back when I navigateed through Fortran, Assembler and RPG I and II that it was easier than this progression.  I'm older now and very much slower.   I'm askin' for myself and the new player here.  Think about Basic Training...It must be spelled to the newest player and the slowest player.

I applaud what WG wants to do and I think they are pretty generous, but they are pretty piss poor when it comes to explanations.  That's why I come to the forums.  It is the best resource for information in this game.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
5 minutes ago, Sinton said:

Kiz, I gotta tell you that way back when I navigateed through Fortran, Assembler and RPG I and II that it was easier than this progression.  I'm older now and very much slower.   I'm askin' for myself and the new player here.  Think about Basic Training...It must be spelled to the newest player and the slowest player.

I applaud what WG wants to do and I think they are pretty generous, but they are pretty piss poor when it comes to explanations.  That's why I come to the forums.  It is the best resource for information in this game.

Yeah, the WGese makes sense to me.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,621 posts
14,702 battles
10 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I completely missed that. You just made my day.

[4HIM]
Members
3,118 posts
13,065 battles
12 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yes, IF the CP/min rate, CP instant bonuses and CP number to reach remain the same on the live server, you can buy all 3 Doubloon Boosts in the first 10 days and still get PR. But, we don't know yet if the numbers will stay the same on the live server yet. 

Yeah.  Saw a vid from TCFreer saying it would be easy to get PR 'completely free'.  Agree it can be done.  And for someone who streams a lot, it probably won't be such a chore.  Most 'normal' players will likely need to use the boosters.  

But then again, we won't know until it's finalized.  

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,733 posts
7,018 battles

the problem to me is  knowing HOW much doubloons i need to flush out to get the boosters.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I completely missed that. You just made my day.

I noticed by accident.

1 hour ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Yeah.  Saw a vid from TCFreer saying it would be easy to get PR 'completely free'.  Agree it can be done.  And for someone who streams a lot, it probably won't be such a chore.  Most 'normal' players will likely need to use the boosters.  

But then again, we won't know until it's finalized.  

Well, if the PTS numbers are right and you can get 4 Token boosts in two days, that is the minimum needed. I think that it is going to take upwards of all 8 Token boosts before Dec 31st as a guess.

1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

the problem to me is  knowing HOW much doubloons i need to flush out to get the boosters.

Probably the biggest question for everyone.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,733 posts
7,018 battles
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Probably the biggest question for everyone.

i never saw WG give a tier10 prem the "easy way" without paying for something.

the "easy way" to get puerto rico might be those boosters and i think they won't be cheap. or else you can get the ship absolutely for free doing the "hard way". grinding those directives.