You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jotabe

CV Player issue with karma

76 comments in this topic

[DKR]
[DKR]
Members
35 posts
3,434 battles

I do not think of myself as a CV player, but it is fair to say that in the last 2 months i've being playing mostly CVs...

The thing is that i started my "CV play" with about 7 Karma points... it is really little i think... but it was something... in 2 weeks i was 0 karma... and i think that was related to myself being new at CVs.... but then i got better and better, now i'm no less than any average CV player... 50k+ average on random battles on my both USA and Japan Tier 6 carriers (my stats are still a little low due to lack of more battles and my "recruit-degree" startup). and when i got better Karma didn't show... i'm still at "0"

After that i started to chat with my clan teammates and they suffered same issue... many of them even refuse to use their CVs not bc they don't have fun with them but bc they loose too much karma points...

And after that i realyze how many times i was getting "reported" by DD players which i attacked in many times... the same hate they show in chat, they show in "reports". Another issue is how much do your team ask of you as CV... i've found myself on loosing battles in which i ended up top3 with more than 60k dmg with my Tier 6 Ranger/Ryujo and nevertheless being blamed for defeat by Tier VIII battleships players which ends up in the bottom of the team... i bet some of them are also doing those negatives reports.

I think many players hates CV just because they break the "traditional cannone" battle in which you can break contact to repair, sneak unseen and decide when you can take the punishment from enemys... and CVs works perfectly to bring light against enemy desires, and by attacking repairing BB, CV also prevent a ship from going to the rear, repair/reload consumables and resume battle in a stronger position. To me that's fine, but game mechanics do allow them to actually mess with the ones like myself who accept that challenge (even when playing with another ship classes) and enjoy the game as it is.

I'm not on the chair of WG decisions, but it would be nice to have statistics about how many negative points are delivered to CVs and how many to other ship types...
On the other hand i do not think Karma impacts that much on what you get as container prize, but the idea that my chances of getting something good are being limited by a random DD player who reports me for playing well as CV really gets me.
And that drives me to the conclusion: many DD players are deliberately throwing bad karma to CVs in order to achieve that less players use that ship class

WG MUST apply a fix in how Karma point works... for instance... if you get top 3 in your team, an automatic Karma point should be earned. Also, if you do 0 damage (AFK) you auto-loose a Karma point. If players can still report/compliment, a ship class limit should be applied... for instance no more than 1/3 of the daily report points should go to a same ship class, in order to prevent DD players to use 7 points a day against CV players, which are few and do feel the punch. I think this is pretty reasonable... if you only report CVs, despite how good or bad some player might perform... it does not talk about CV player performance but it talks about how you feel with the ship class... it is imposible not to find a sucky DD/Cruiser/BB player in every single battle... why all the "hate points" to the CVs?

picture is there just to raise love for CVs lol

PS: i think WG should nerf smolensk

love-me.png

• Funny 2
  • Boring 8

Members
360 posts
16,405 battles

That has not been my experience, at least in higher tiers.

I'm more likely to get comps for spotting or carrying than random reported by butthurt dds.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,339 battles

Weird. I almost never get reported. Though, it's possible, as I play at around 2-4 am, that they are just out of reports by that point.

• Funny 3

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,096 battles

I feel ya OP. My Karma was tanking whenever i took my CV out i'd get reported just for showing up in a match.

WG is okay with karma abuse and they don't plan to change it any time soon.

They have funny reasonings about Karma, they want it to feel good getting it but aren't concerned that losing it feels bad. Specially when its for no real reason other than some salty little kid abusing it.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
2,146 posts
6,267 battles
18 minutes ago, jotabe said:

why all the "hate points" to the CVs?

Really?   You play a different game then the classic boats. Everyone else risks their ships. You don't and worst you risk some planes when attacking a high AA target.  When fighting other ships there is almost always an immediate strategy to completely disengage or to kill them.  Not so with CVs who attack from above with near impunity.  Even the best players in the game have to take from CVs  while hoping for damage mitigation or that the CV is a complete fail potato at best.   There are quite a few other reasons why people dislike CVs beyond that.  

So  basically  CVs play style creates salt because it absolutely sucks to play against them especially as DD.   In return salty players report and lower your karma.  

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 8

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,350 posts
23,817 battles

There was a player who's name was "Report CVs" at one point and it was a rallying cry for many. Lately I tend not to suffer from karma downvotes in game when I do play CV though.

[RLGN]
Members
14,440 posts
25,565 battles
7 minutes ago, eviltane said:

So  basically  CVs play style creates salt because it absolutely sucks to play against them especially as DD.   In return salty players report and lower your karma.  

Except I don’t have any trouble playing against carriers in a destroyer? Even AA weak destroyers?

I didn’t even under RTS.

• Cool 1

Members
123 posts
1,382 battles
26 minutes ago, jotabe said:

After that i started to chat with my clan teammates and they suffered same issue... many of them even refuse to use their CVs not bc they don't have fun with them but bc they loose too much karma points...

why would you let something that literally does nothing control how you play/enjoy the game?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,801 posts
33 minutes ago, jotabe said:

You know how much I care what other people think?  I will give you a hint.  It's the same number as my karma.

It doesn't do or mean anything.  Why would anyone care about it?

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
2,146 posts
6,267 battles
7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Except I don’t have any trouble playing against carriers in a destroyer? Even AA weak destroyers?

I didn’t even under RTS.

You do subjective you.   There are always special people  who don't have issues with just about any subject. To pretend that an absolute large part of the community don't have an issue with CVs Is kind of ignoring almost a years worth of  1-3 daily CV forum threads. 

OP asked why hes getting negative karma and what I said is WHY he is getting negative karma. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
7,801 posts

You do subjective you.   There are always special people  who don't have issues with just about any subject. To pretend that an absolute large part of the community don't have an issue with CVs Is kind of ignoring almost a years worth of  1-3 daily CV forum threads. 

Ironically, all the threads about the "too many CVs" in matches, means that a whole lot of people play CVs.  You and I both know that this forum is populated quite often by the same few people over and over. 

There are 11,737 people playing the game on the NA server right now.  This forum gets like 1 or 2 new threads an hour when it is "hopping" and odds are, I know the OP's position on CVs within about .423423 seconds, just by looking what avatar it is. 

It's a useless comparison. 

[WOLF4]
Members
895 posts
12,296 battles

Don't take it personally - karma doesn't mean anything.

That said - its an automatic for me - if the match has 4 CVs in it - each gets a minus one, if I have any left (including the ones on my team).

I don't much care how they perform in the match.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
2,146 posts
6,267 battles
10 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Ironically, all the threads about the "too many CVs" in matches, means that a whole lot of people play CVs.  You and I both know that this forum is populated quite often by the same few people over and over. 

There are 11,737 people playing the game on the NA server right now.  This forum gets like 1 or 2 new threads an hour when it is "hopping" and odds are, I know the OP's position on CVs within about .423423 seconds, just by looking what avatar it is. 

It's a useless comparison. 

And you have  been on this forum long enough to know exactly that most of the top players don’t like it.  You should also have been paying attention that the same large amount of CV hate can be found on Every single forum about wows and on Reddit which is the biggest social media platform. 

also there is no other single topic that comes up as often as CVs. So to act like CV threads aren’t a constant theme that outdoes all other themes here is quite like willfully turning a blind eye to it. 

[A-D-F]
7,801 posts

And you have  been on this forum long enough to know exactly that most of the top players don’t like it.  You should also have been paying attention that the same large amount of CV hate can be found on Every single forum about wows and on Reddit which is the biggest social media platform. 

also there is no other single topic that comes up as often as CVs. So to act like CV threads aren’t a constant theme that outdoes all other themes here is quite like willfully turning a blind eye to it. 

I really don't care what the "top" players like.  They aren't playing my games and they aren't buying my ships.  I am.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,514 battles
1 hour ago, jotabe said:

WG MUST apply a fix in how Karma point works..

There is nothing to fix. Karma is just a vanity number. Other than allowing one to make a few more compliments or reports it is meaningless. Get over it!

[RLGN]
Members
14,440 posts
25,565 battles
39 minutes ago, eviltane said:

OP asked why hes getting negative karma and what I said is WHY he is getting negative karma. 

True enough.

Even under RTS I mostly played carriers PvE to avoid inflicting myself upon other players.

It still doesn’t change, even playing regular ships in PvP, that I’ve never found carriers to be as oppressive as some seem to say.

Have I raged against CV players in chat? Sure; but do I go into any game with a carrier as if I had no chance? Certainly not.

Even playing destroyers, I’ve made plenty of carrier drivers regret their ship choice.

[NSEW]
Members
1,922 posts
10,979 battles

Sad thing is, Karma lost it's value long long ago...

Gone are the days where a random player would +1 a player due to their good game play. Now, it's mostly salty players spamming the -1 karma for arbitrary reasons.  That's my view on this as of this moment.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,014 posts
26,348 battles
49 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I didn’t even under RTS.

The problem is that every DD player that gets attacked by a CV thinks that he's being singled out for special attention, when the reality is that "special attention" is rare, IMO.  If you're in a DD and you get on a cap, you are making yourself the target for special attention, particularly in Standard mode.  in Standard mode, any smart CV player will instantly send planes toward their cap to defend it.  And if the capper is a DD, well, too bad.  You made yourself the target of special attention by your decision to cap.  

In other situations, if you're in a DD and chasing a CV (and the CV knows it), what the hell do you think's going to happen?  Is that DD player so dense that he thinks that the CV player is going to ignore him?

DD players will be largely ignored if they don't draw attention to themselves by capping or attacking caps, or open water gun boating.  Hunting down concealed DDs is actually very time consuming and doesn't really do anything to help the CV player's XP or credit earnings.  Can it help win a battle?  Sure.  But doing nothing but hunting down DDs is a  sure way to have a crap game as a CV player.

But heaven forbid that a DD player does something that DOES draw the attention of an enemy CV.  They'll come here to the forum and throw a temper tantrum because they're "special" and don't deserve to be attacked by CVs.  :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[SALVO]
Members
25,014 posts
26,348 battles
1 minute ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Sad thing is, Karma lost it's value long long ago...

Gone are the days where a random player would +1 a player due to their good game play. Now, it's mostly salty players spamming the -1 karma for arbitrary reasons.  That's my view on this as of this moment.

Frankly, WG should just remove negative karma and make it positive karma only.  It's ridiculous that salty players will negative karma a player just for his ship choice, among other stupid things.