You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Include Co-op in Twitch Missions

10 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
12,172 posts
25,028 battles

As the title says; please include Co-op in these Twitch mission drops. Why is Co-op excluded from this? You want people to watch, and the missions are an incentive, but yet you exclude a good portion of the player base by not allowing Co-op for completion. I think I have seen 1 maybe 2 tops that allowed Co-op. The most recent one I got is 10 cap or asst cap. Why is that not Co-op doable? Does whomever at WG comes up with these think only PVP players watch Twitch streams of WOWS or something? 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 4

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,566 battles

That would be nice. Yet at the same time that good part of the player base should be willing to lower their standards and play a few random battles.

• Boring 2

[LOU1]
Members
4,187 posts
12,209 battles

The most likely reason they are not included is to help drive players to Randoms and Ranked.  After all, PvE has never been intended as more than a "practice" mode.  Also, Random has always provided more rewards.  For my part, I am glad that most missions now include PvE - the Twitch missions are among the very few that are not.

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,006 posts

Add the campaigns as well. Since PVE players are mostly if not strictly PVE, I can't see some being complete like Yamamoto etc etc. Yes some are doable like Halsey but why not all across the board .

Just my humble opinion.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
12,172 posts
25,028 battles
19 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

That would be nice. Yet at the same time that good part of the player base should be willing to lower their standards and play a few random battles.

OR, they could realize that Co-op has evolved beyond what they thought it would be, that it has a good sized player base that do not play PVP and won't, and try and include them in all game features where possible too. They are doing better at that for sure but they still continue to try and force PVE players into PVP (or maybe it's just they don't care about us and only really care about PVP?). It's time they readjust their thinking. Give the customer what they want. Don't try and force them to do what you (ie; WG) want.  I do not play PVP because I do not like PVP. Not incentive will change that and I am not alone in that view either. Missions for watching Twitch should not be solely for PVP players.

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,508 posts
25,705 battles
36 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

After all, PvE has never been intended as more than a "practice" mode.

If WG hasn’t figured out this is no longer the case after four+ years, that’s their own bloody fault. (To an extent, I think they actually have.)

At the same time; I’ve often wondered what Tanks population would be like if it had a PvE mode...

To give an analogy; it’s kind of hard for a sheep dog puppy to learn anything when he is surrounded by wolves.

Tanks is like that. Most times new players are surrounded by veterans; making it next to impossible to survive long enough to learn to play.

I’ve worried about Warships getting to that point, and I think it’s starting to do so.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[PVE]
Members
351 posts
2,962 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If WG hasn’t figured out this is no longer the case after four+ years, that’s their own bloody fault. (To an extent, I think they actually have.)

At the same time; I’ve often wondered what Tanks population would be like if it had a PvE mode...

To give an analogy; it’s kind of hard for a sheep dog puppy to learn anything when he is surrounded by wolves.

Tanks is like that. Most times new players are surrounded by veterans; making it next to impossible to survive long enough to learn to play.

I’ve worried about Warships getting to that point, and I think it’s starting to do so.

This is why old fashioned...  back to basics PVE is so attractive.  

[TBW]
Members
10,385 posts
17,640 battles

Although I am inclined to agree that the missions should include Co op, the rewards aren't usually anything I would lament missing out on any way.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,692 posts
14,289 battles
43 minutes ago, Versili said:

Add the campaigns as well. Since PVE players are mostly if not strictly PVE, I can't see some being complete like Yamamoto etc etc. Yes some are doable like Halsey but why not all across the board .

Just my humble opinion.

:Smile_honoring:

The later campaigns did include co-op at least for a few missions at each stage.

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,566 battles
49 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Missions for watching Twitch should not be solely for PVP players.

Perhaps Twitch is calling the shots and the We will only play co op and never random just have to accept that. I play mainly co op but if co op isn't included for a mission prize I'm not going to whine about that. I'll either ignore it or play a few random battles. Frankly I don't see what the big deal is.