Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LtMaverick70

CV Aircraft Rockets. And ships that weren't built.

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

15
[IGB]
Members
29 posts
20,440 battles

Maybe WOW could get their heads out of their [edited]'s and fix the rocket damage. It's sad how bias you people have become with your ships and planes. Torp planes getting to make 4 runs before rearming. There isn't a plane that could carry 4 torps at anytime during the war. And rockets. 2 + passes with rockets. that were so inaccurate until the Vietnam war. Now dds can't even get away from them even at 55 knots. And they take half your health each time they hit. This is total [edited]. Your throwing ships and other ammo's into a game that is suppose to be based on what was built. If it was built. It should be in the game. Not all these ships that were designed but never built. Fix your game or I will be one less player helping to pay your way to a better game.

Edited by LtMaverick70
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,315
[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,502 battles
5 minutes ago, LtMaverick70 said:

Fix your game or I will be one less player helping to pay your way to a better game.

Good then, don't bother wasting anymore of your nor our time here.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,022
[GRETA]
Members
1,371 posts
10,581 battles
5 minutes ago, LtMaverick70 said:

Maybe WOW could get their heads out of their [edited]'s and fix the rocket damage. It's sad how bias you people have become with your ships and planes. Torp planes getting to make 4 runs before rearming. There isn't a plane that could carry 4 torps at anytime during the war. And rockets. 2 + passes with rockets. that were so inaccurate until the Vietnam war. Now dds can't even get away from them even at 55 knots. And they take half your health each time they hit. This is total [edited]. Your throwing ships and other ammo's into a game that is suppose to be based on what was built. If it was built. It should be in the game. Not all these ships that were designed but never built. Fix your game or I will be one less player helping to pay your way to a better game.

You clearly have no clue how these ships and planes operate.  I suggest you educate yourself as to what it is you are complaining about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
924
[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,732 battles
21 minutes ago, LtMaverick70 said:

Maybe WOW could get their heads out of their [edited]'s and fix the rocket damage. It's sad how bias you people have become with your ships and planes. Torp planes getting to make 4 runs before rearming. There isn't a plane that could carry 4 torps at anytime during the war. And rockets. 2 + passes with rockets. that were so inaccurate until the Vietnam war. Now dds can't even get away from them even at 55 knots. And they take half your health each time they hit. This is total [edited]. Your throwing ships and other ammo's into a game that is suppose to be based on what was built. If it was built. It should be in the game. Not all these ships that were designed but never built. Fix your game or I will be one less player helping to pay your way to a better game.

Just to make this a little more clear (I hope):

No plane drops 4 times, you're darn right. To show this, imagine we've got a squad of 12 planes, numbered 1 through 12. On the first 'run' planes number 1, 2, and 3 each drop one torpedo, and head back. Next time, planes 4 through 6 go, and so on. Each time, 3 planes go, and the remainder of the squad stays in the air. The whole group is just large, with chunks doing attacks.

The reason it's implemeneted like this is so that CVs get to fly their planes and have some punch... but not all at once. with RTS, 12 torps could be dropped simultaneously, which led to deletions of big ships and inescapable grids for small ones. Not much fun.

 

Not sure about the rockets here, think it's mostly a balance thing. If they were lighter or less accurate, they wouldn't be worth the players' time to use compared to other plane types. I'd tend to use my smoke more readily against CVs, unless in a French DD, in which case they are intentionally weak against planes.

Edited by pewpewpew42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[IGB]
Members
29 posts
20,440 battles

Maybe you should look into how many torps a plane could carry. And also how well rockets worked. But i am sure you have your head up tier as well; Halla and Mudd

 

Edited by lochlan_
edit the profanity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[IGB]
Members
29 posts
20,440 battles

Well they have the rockets to where it is killing dds on the first and second pass. With no escape from the planes. I have watched them take 30k off a cruiser in 1 pass. French dds only had 25k. so how is it going to be fun for a dd if they are getting hit constantly with the rockets that are doing so much damage when they weren't even accurate until they put them on gets in the vietnam war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,139
[PISD]
Members
1,835 posts
6,083 battles
2 minutes ago, LtMaverick70 said:

Well they have the rockets to where it is killing dds on the first and second pass. With no escape from the planes. I have watched them take 30k off a cruiser in 1 pass. French dds only had 25k. so how is it going to be fun for a dd if they are getting hit constantly with the rockets that are doing so much damage when they weren't even accurate until they put them on gets in the vietnam war.

Even an exceptional dispersion and landing will not destroy a dd in one or 2 pass, nor do 30k damage to a cruisers. As the other told: learn how they works and you will counter them instead of crying that they are broken while not understanding their basics.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
27 minutes ago, LtMaverick70 said:

Maybe you should look into how many torps a plane could carry. And also how well rockets worked. But i am sure you have your head up tier a$$ as well Halla and Mudd

 

This is not a simulator. You play a lot of DD are you complaining about unlimited torps?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,550
[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

As someone who hates CVs... you are embarrassing us anti-skycancer folks.

Planes only make one run, drop their ordnance and then return to the carrier. There are no planes making multiple runs...

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,672
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,835 posts
14,882 battles
41 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Even an exceptional dispersion and landing will not destroy a dd in one or 2 pass, nor do 30k damage to a cruisers. As the other told: learn how they works and you will counter them instead of crying that they are broken while not understanding their basics.

This, if you are getting smacked hard by rockets you are either going against a unicum player or you are giving them a perfect shot. My experience is that a maneuvering DD is damn hard to hit and that it takes more than one squadron to destroy them if they avoid giving that perfect shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,022
[GRETA]
Members
1,371 posts
10,581 battles

I'll  make you a deal, our planes will only drop one bomb/rocket/torpedo each but all the planes in the squadron get to drop at once : ).  

RN CV DB are the exception, carpet bombing was a thing before there were cv's so you really don't have an argument for those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,022
[GRETA]
Members
1,371 posts
10,581 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, if you are getting smacked hard by rockets you are either going against a unicum player or you are giving them a perfect shot. My experience is that a maneuvering DD is damn hard to hit and that it takes more than one squadron to destroy them if they avoid giving that perfect shot.

There are very rare occasions (I have had it happen only 2 times) where a TT rocket can detonate.  The only other occasion even close to this is a bottom tier DD sitting still and taking a full broadside of rockets form a top tier CV.  Even then the cv has to get lucky with dispersion as the reticle is much larger than the DD itself.  This is a mute point as looking at the OP's stats shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the ships he/she actually plays let alone how cv's work.  He/She is either ignorant or a troll or both.

Edited by HallaSnackbar
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,725
[K-POP]
Members
3,059 posts
24,521 battles
1 hour ago, LtMaverick70 said:

Maybe WOW could get their heads out of their [edited]'s and fix the rocket damage. It's sad how bias you people have become with your ships and planes. Torp planes getting to make 4 runs before rearming. There isn't a plane that could carry 4 torps at anytime during the war. And rockets. 2 + passes with rockets. that were so inaccurate until the Vietnam war. Now dds can't even get away from them even at 55 knots. And they take half your health each time they hit. This is total [edited]. Your throwing ships and other ammo's into a game that is suppose to be based on what was built. If it was built. It should be in the game. Not all these ships that were designed but never built. Fix your game or I will be one less player helping to pay your way to a better game.

I guess BB's CL /CA's and DD's carried unlimited AP / HE and SAP shells and Torpedos back in the day though ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,315
[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,502 battles
1 hour ago, LtMaverick70 said:

Maybe you should look into how many torps a plane could carry. And also how well rockets worked. But i am sure you have your head up tier a$$ as well Halla and Mudd

Insolent cur! The planes generally carry 1 torp each so boo to your hoo. I know damn good and well how rockets work and you haven't got a clue. Also a and a couple of $ signs does not mask your forum violation impudent idiot!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,180
[WOLF3]
Members
29,779 posts
25,727 battles

For a veteran player OP, you have no idea how the CVs aircraft in the game work.

 

And lol thinking a ship is going to outrun aircraft, much less their ordnance!

3 hours ago, tm63au said:

I guess BB's CL /CA's and DD's carried unlimited AP / HE and SAP shells and Torpedos back in the day though ?

Torpedoes is a fun one, especially for Destroyers.  DDs only had their one set of torpedoes to fire off, and that was it until the battle was over and they went to get resupplied.  Only the IJN went through the trouble of providing some of their DDs with a means to reload their torpedoes one more time during battle.

 

Also DD Stealth in WoWS is laughable considering Radar and normal spotting ensured that wasn't happening.  Hell, there was a moment early in the Pacific War where a flight of US Navy Dive Bombers were looking for the Japanese fleet.  The IJN wasn't where they thought they'd be.  But they spotted the wake left by a ship and saw it was an IJN DD.  The American aviators thought, "Obviously this guy is in a hurry to go somewhere."  So they took the direction the DD, who never spotted the planes, followed it, and found the IJN fleet.  5 minutes later, as part of the Battle of Midway, Carriers Kaga, Soryu, Akagi were sunk, and the last one, Hiryu, would not survive the day.  It was at a point that during the attacks, on one of the Carriers, the American Dive Bombers weren't spotted until they were already committed to their dive attacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,869
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,936 posts
15,720 battles
44 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Also DD Stealth in WoWS is laughable

FNdHJtf.png

Ah spotting, not without occasional lapses...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,180
[WOLF3]
Members
29,779 posts
25,727 battles
5 hours ago, mofton said:

FNdHJtf.png

Ah spotting, not without occasional lapses...

Exactly.  The funny part is converting that 8 miles to metric for WoWS use, we get 12.8km, so the Heavy Cruiser Chokai spotted that single DD at 12.8km :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,869
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,936 posts
15,720 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Exactly.  The funny part is converting that 8 miles to metric for WoWS use, we get 12.8km, so the Heavy Cruiser Chokai spotted that single DD at 12.8km :Smile_teethhappy:

A mile's 1600m or so - clearly there is no proxy spotting IRL ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
153 posts
1,511 battles
 
 
 
1
11 hours ago, LtMaverick70 said:

 There isn't a plane that could carry 4 torps at anytime during the war. 

 

He 177 and Do 217 say "Hi".

Image result for he 177 torpedoes

 

Related image

 

Besides, as has already been explained, no plane in the game actually drops 4 torpedoes individually. The planes in each attack division all take turns attacking in separate waves. For example, you might have a flight of 12 planes consisting of 3 or 4 individual attack wings with 4 or 3 planes, respectively, in each wing. Planes that have expended their ammunition immediately return to the carrier upon having completed their attack, leaving your flight with fewer planes each time this happens. This is why torpedo bombers are able to make multiple runs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,180
[WOLF3]
Members
29,779 posts
25,727 battles
18 hours ago, mofton said:

A mile's 1600m or so - clearly there is no proxy spotting IRL ;)

It makes it more entertaining when people around here whine that they want more realism.  I don't think they understand how realism can jack you over real harshly.  People want "Realism" when it supports their preferred playstyle, but they don't want it if it means an advantage for someone else, or something that makes it harder for themselves.  Simulators try to be realistic, and as a result, have always been a small niche in gaming because the average video gamer doesn't want to deal with such difficulties and harshness.

 

I remember being a new player into simulations, one of my earliest ones to try was Falcon 4.0.

Me: "How do I launch my AMRAAMs?"

My smarta** friend:  "Oh, here's the manual, you need to look it up."

Image result for falcon 4.0 manual

 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×