Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pepe_trueno

Gneisenau with 280mm guns as t5 prem?

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
501 posts
4,580 battles

as the title goes, Gneisenau originaly had a 3x3 280mm gun arregement so i think it could make a good  t5 ship, Main guns will be smaller than its peers but in exchange it will get a considerable speed advantage when compare to same tier battleships aswell as strong secondary guns ROF and range wise  (5.5-6 km of base range). 

9 × 28 cm/54.5 (11 inch) SK C/34

 

 

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Funny 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71
[WOLFX]
Members
268 posts
12,931 battles
12 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

without the torpedos :Smile_hiding:

Even so, that'd be a bit much at tier 5. Maybe an argument could be made for tier 6, but the reload might still have to be lengthened a bit there. Perhaps 22 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,553
[SIM]
Members
5,096 posts
8,219 battles

It would be tier VI, not tier V. It would then be competing with Prinz Eitel Friedrich as a tier-mate, and Scharnhorst as a comparable ship. In essence, it would be utterly pointless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
550
[GRAVE]
Members
1,305 posts
19,030 battles
48 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

as the title goes, Gneisenau originaly had a 3x3 280mm gun arregement so i think it could make a good  t5 ship, Main guns will be smaller than its peers but in exchange it will get a considerable speed advantage when compare to same tier battleships aswell as strong secondary guns ROF and range wise  (5.5-6 km of base range). 

9 × 28 cm/54.5 (11 inch) SK C/34

 

 

It already eexists, its called Scharnhorst. Even without torps, Scharnhorst would be Cesar level OP at T5, just due to the armor and the reload. T6 could work without torps, but PEF is already there, although PEF is only spared worst T6 premium only because Huanghe exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,538
[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,096 battles

Oh oh can i get a tier V shiny horse?

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee? :Smile_trollface:

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

Sure why not, but only if I get the only t5 shiny. It would be too op to let run around otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,505
[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Scharnhorst says hello.

Lol exactly, and Scharnhorst is more than capable of being a tier VII ship and can still contribute in tier IX battles with a bit  more dodging of incoming heavy AP shells.

So it’s unthinkable having it be a tier V ship both in how OP it would be or how tragically nerfed it would have to be in order to be a tier V. 11” Scharnhorst guns on a premium ship could honestly be no lower than tier VI like Graf Spee is. In order to take those guns any lower you would need them to be on a coastal defense ship like the ones that were sluggish and armed with 1 turret containing large caliber guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,332 posts
4,615 battles
1 hour ago, tfcas119 said:

It already eexists, its called Scharnhorst. Even without torps, Scharnhorst would be Cesar level OP at T5, just due to the armor and the reload. T6 could work without torps, but PEF is already there, although PEF is only spared worst T6 premium only because Huanghe exists.

I can't believe what my eyes are reading. Hardly the worst when d'aosta exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
501 posts
4,580 battles
2 hours ago, wjp120 said:

Even so, that'd be a bit much at tier 5. Maybe an argument could be made for tier 6, but the reload might still have to be lengthened a bit there. Perhaps 22 seconds.

WG can nerf the main guns all they want, just thought  it would be realy funny to have a t5 "mikasa" with good speed :Smile_trollface:

 

If i read it right Gneisenau was disarmed and her 28 cm turrets were used in shore batteries while Gneisenau remained unused in Gotenhafen until the end of the war, there t5 Gneisenau with the secondary guns as main guns :Smile_hiding: 

 

now i better run away before the angry mob gets the torches and pitchforks

ParchedDisastrousFireant-size_restricted

Edited by pepe_trueno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,072 posts
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

It would be tier VI, not tier V. It would then be competing with Prinz Eitel Friedrich as a tier-mate, and Scharnhorst as a comparable ship. In essence, it would be utterly pointless. 

And its cruiser cousin Graf Spee as well.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,102 posts

Maybe if WG added a Showdown mode. AKA: meet me at high noon.

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Challenge other players one on one, bring what you want type battle, tier/type determined by the challenged player.{choose your weapon}

Rewards taken from the losers inventory up to and including the Captain they used. {Winner selects the one item they want.}

examples of choices could be 1000 Free exp 1,000,000 credits, The captain of the losing ship. all signals of any kind in the losers inventory.

This will prevent frivolous challenges.

This is all from the top of my head idea's.

Feel free to embellish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,332 posts
4,615 battles
1 hour ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Maybe if WG added a Showdown mode. AKA: meet me at high noon.

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Challenge other players one on one, bring what you want type battle, tier/type determined by the challenged player.{choose your weapon}

Rewards taken from the losers inventory up to and including the Captain they used. {Winner selects the one item they want.}

examples of choices could be 1000 Free exp 1,000,000 credits, The captain of the losing ship. all signals of any kind in the losers inventory.

This will prevent frivolous challenges.

This is all from the top of my head idea's.

Feel free to embellish.

If you could try out the loser's premium ship for a day, would be an incentive to try out the mode. Would also put data in for WG to use. Everyone wins 

Edited by Yoshiblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,873
[WOLF3]
Members
27,556 posts
24,067 battles
11 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

If you could try out the loser's premium ship for a day, would be an incentive to try out the mode. Would also put data in for WG to use. Everyone wins 

Krasny Krym!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
414
[KAPPA]
Members
1,340 posts
7,583 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

11” Scharnhorst guns on a premium ship could honestly be no lower than tier VI like Graf Spee is. 

And even then, Graf Spee guns are less powerful than Scharnhorst guns. They may be identical in mechanism and bore size, but there is a difference in barrel length and therefore velocity. This is absolutely modeled in-game as a couple years back now, I took both Scharnhorst and Graf Spee into training rooms to test their guns, Scharnhorst can citadel a broadside Yamato at suicide range (5 km or less), Graf Spee couldn't do it at any range.

The notion of putting a Scharnhorst class raider-battleship at anything less than T7 is plain foolishness. In my experience, Scharn gives precisely 0 f*cks what tier of ship it's fighting, it still has the tools to cause quite a ruckus. It can be either a heavy cruiser or a light BB (in terms of guns, which was what the difference between a light and heavy cruiser was as well) depending on the situation. There's a reason my 'normal' Scharnhorst wears a particular camo. I find it very fitting.

shot-18_09.14_11_13.23-0130.thumb.jpg.17fd0561fdcaf2c4e02b77b9eafb8c4c.jpg

Now if only I could get that on my Scharn B camo as well.

 

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
879
[WOLFC]
Members
1,792 posts
9,839 battles
2 hours ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

And even then, Graf Spee guns are less powerful than Scharnhorst guns. They may be identical in mechanism and bore size, but there is a difference in barrel length and therefore velocity. This is absolutely modeled in-game as a couple years back now, I took both Scharnhorst and Graf Spee into training rooms to test their guns, Scharnhorst can citadel a broadside Yamato at suicide range (5 km or less), Graf Spee couldn't do it at any range.

The notion of putting a Scharnhorst class raider-battleship at anything less than T7 is plain foolishness. In my experience, Scharn gives precisely 0 f*cks what tier of ship it's fighting, it still has the tools to cause quite a ruckus. It can be either a heavy cruiser or a light BB (in terms of guns, which was what the difference between a light and heavy cruiser was as well) depending on the situation. There's a reason my 'normal' Scharnhorst wears a particular camo. I find it very fitting.

shot-18_09.14_11_13.23-0130.thumb.jpg.17fd0561fdcaf2c4e02b77b9eafb8c4c.jpg

Now if only I could get that on my Scharn B camo as well.

 

Is there a difference in the shell parameters that accounts for higher penetration for Scharnhorst’s guns? I ask because Graf Spee not only fires at higher velocity (910 m/s vs 890 m/s), but also has higher damage listed for her AP shells (8400 vs 7600). Scharnhorst has three extra barrels, which means significantly more dpm, but I’m not certain her guns are more powerful, at least in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,873
[WOLF3]
Members
27,556 posts
24,067 battles
3 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Is there a difference in the shell parameters that accounts for higher penetration for Scharnhorst’s guns? I ask because Graf Spee not only fires at higher velocity (910 m/s vs 890 m/s), but also has higher damage listed for her AP shells (8400 vs 7600). Scharnhorst has three extra barrels, which means significantly more dpm, but I’m not certain her guns are more powerful, at least in game.

Here you go!

kjNiTc0.jpg

Graf Spee's shells arc more and have significantly less AP Pen than Scharnhorst's shells.

 

Don't forget Graf Spee has the "improved dispersion" that some other ships use now, i.e. Georgia and Thunderer using "Graf Spee Dispersion" for their guns.  Scharnhorst doesn't have that and is normal German BB dispersion (for now).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,096
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
13 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

It already eexists, its called Scharnhorst. Even without torps, Scharnhorst would be Cesar level OP at T5, just due to the armor and the reload. T6 could work without torps, but PEF is already there, although PEF is only spared worst T6 premium only because Huanghe exists.

Scharn w/o torps would be far worse than GC at tier 5. Her armor would render her nearly indestructible, she'd have the best AA in the tier, and her guns - regardless of how derpy - would still be putting 9 x 11" shells into the field with a third faster reload than GC.

Frankly, it wouldn't even work at tier 6.

NOW, knocking PEF's sorry behind down to tier 5 and giving the ship a WWI configuration? That would be fine.

macKK13.jpg

Edited by Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×