You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Status of German tier 9 supercruiser

24 comments in this topic

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,900 posts
4,605 battles

Does anyone know if the German tier 9 supercruiser is being released next patch? I noticed the still in testing line from the wiki and a completed entry for it in the wiki. Siegfried

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,387 posts
19,259 battles
7 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Does anyone know if the German tier 9 supercruiser is being released next patch?

Very unlikely. She's likely stuck in development hell, like T-61 was back in the day.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

Are you talking about Mainz? It seems I see changes to her on the dev blog pretty regularly. 

Edit: NVM, Mainz is t8

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff

[KWF]
Members
4,507 posts
6,405 battles
31 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Are you talking about Mainz? It seems I see changes to her on the dev blog pretty regularly. 

Edit: NVM, Mainz is t8

OP most likely means Siegfried, for which and Hayate there haven't been news in months.

[ANKER]
[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
574 posts
12,888 battles

The WIP was taken off the wiki a few months ago and we all collectively have been wondering the same thing.  There is a chance that she drops this patch or is released prior to Christmas to drive up sales but this is all speculation. I am ready to drop cash for it honestly. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,991 posts
5,814 battles

I hope WG takes a good look at it, and tries another direction. I know others will disagree. But from what I have seen from CC previews, an uptiered Gneisenau masquerading as a cruiser, just feels strange and undesirable to me.

[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,721 battles

I definitely agree.  I don't want this to set the trend such that ships like Renown will become tier 9-10 cruisers as opposed to having a release more like Hood.  There were a couple ships that made sense in this "super cruiser" role (though with DOTs like BBs they basically have to sit in the back with their larger sisters), but I don't want to see a trend of early battlecruisers being released as high tier (and generally more recent) cruisers as opposed to battleships fighting with their contemporaries.  I feel like WG feels like they invested too much in Siegfried's current direction to reevaluate now (like what happened with the WV fiasco), but I really wish that they would, or at the very least take note and stop this precedent from being set any further afterwards.

[SALVO]
Members
25,014 posts
26,348 battles

For what (little) it's worth, I'd like to see the Siegfried be like an upsized version of the Hindenburg, with roughly the same design intent.  That is, a cruiser that can be effective at pretty much any range.  Want to snipe?  Your guns would be accurate enough to do it.  Want to work the mid-range, your guns could do that too and you'd have the armor to be able to handle some incoming fire.  And want to brawl?  You'd have the ability to do that, though you probably shouldn't really want to be brawling with legit battleships.  This is roughly what the Hindy can do, and it seems like it'd be a good model for the Siegfried.

That said, I suppose that it's possible that that might also seem OP, particularly compared to other super cruisers. (Looking at you, Azuma and Yoshino.)  

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,733 posts
7,018 battles

with the way she is currently?i hope never released.

the guns suck,the armor sucks,AA?what is that?

if she goes live exactly the way she is now,it's gonna be a PEF 2.0

Edited by Cruxdei

[SALVO]
Members
25,014 posts
26,348 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

For what it's worth, I don't mind the PEF, but think that she needs some serious loving.  I play her a lot in operations, particularly Killer Whale, where her secondaries can do some real work inside the harbor.  I wish that they'd buff her main gun AP penetration.  As I recall, her main gun accuracy is bearable, but her AP penetration is horrid.  Fix that one thing, and the PEF might actually be a pretty darned decent ship.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,733 posts
7,018 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

For what it's worth, I don't mind the PEF, but think that she needs some serious loving.  I play her a lot in operations, particularly Killer Whale, where her secondaries can do some real work inside the harbor.  I wish that they'd buff her main gun AP penetration.  As I recall, her main gun accuracy is bearable, but her AP penetration is horrid.  Fix that one thing, and the PEF might actually be a pretty darned decent ship.

the AA is gutted,the ap pen is a joke,can only play PEF in operations because bots are stupid enough to let you get close to them and the secondaries are not that great too. the armor sucks too.

pef in the testing phase was good,a long range german BB,they managed to make the ship worse at long range and close range.

[POP]
Members
2,853 posts
23,016 battles
6 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Does anyone know if the German tier 9 supercruiser is being released next patch? I noticed the still in testing line from the wiki and a completed entry for it in the wiki. Siegfried

You mean that perfectly good German design O-class battlecruiser WG are trying to turn into Tier 9 Super Cruiser Cash Cow for high tier game play that does not seem to be working out.

Sorry never heard of it :Smile_hiding:

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,209 posts
4 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

the AA is gutted,the ap pen is a joke,can only play PEF in operations because bots are stupid enough to let you get close to them and the secondaries are not that great too. the armor sucks too.

pef in the testing phase was good,a long range german BB,they managed to make the ship worse at long range and close range.

He's german what did u expect from a russian co.?

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,209 posts
4 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

Well this is what we can pretty much expect lol

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
9 hours ago, landedkiller said:

9 hours ago, Lert said:

Very unlikely. She's likely stuck in development hell, like T-61 was back in the day.

So like the T-61 Sune DD, the Siegfried CA is coming SoonTM?

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,900 posts
4,605 battles
On 12/7/2019 at 10:18 AM, warheart1992 said:

OP most likely means Siegfried, for which and Hayate there haven't been news in months.

Yes I mean Siegfried 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,069 posts
4,661 battles
On 12/7/2019 at 9:03 AM, landedkiller said:

There's no point in asking questions of this type.  Anyone who knows the answer is contractually bound not to tell you.

The wiki page is based on testing of a version that may be quite different from what is released.  We'll deal with that discrepancy if it appears. 

[KLANC]
Members
5 posts
10,208 battles

Last I saw they buffed the secondary range on her. But im not sure if that version of the ship was ever put into tester hands. Other than that we're completely in the dark, which is a shame. Its probably the only ship im saving Fexp for right now.

Alpha Tester
470 posts
10,925 battles
44 minutes ago, Azureorak said:

Last I saw they buffed the secondary range on her. But im not sure if that version of the ship was ever put into tester hands. Other than that we're completely in the dark, which is a shame. Its probably the only ship im saving Fexp for right now.

In the same boat,.. a little under powered is fine, as long as it does that one thing well.