Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Thunder_Feet

Modstation only starts 32bit client

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

299
[WOOK1]
Members
427 posts
14,355 battles

I posted this issue in the sub-form for mods, and it apparently hasn't been even read yet, and I thought folks here in General Discussion might have answer/solution.

Modstation starts the 32 bit client, not the 64 bit, which, of course, gives you a huge hit in the video card performance.

Does anyone know a way to get it to start up in 64 bit client, or is that just not possible?  Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,061
[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,107 posts
4,661 battles
36 minutes ago, Thunder_Feet said:

Does anyone know a way to get it to start up in 64 bit client

Yes, you can start it directly; then it won't be able to find any mods you have loaded.  But it doesn't hurt to try it:

Mine is at X:\Games\World_of_Warships\bin64\WorldOfWarships64.exe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
299
[WOOK1]
Members
427 posts
14,355 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yes, you can start it directly; then it won't be able to find any mods you have loaded.  But it doesn't hurt to try it:

Mine is at X:\Games\World_of_Warships\bin64\WorldOfWarships64.exe

Yeah, I can get the game started in 64, but I meant get it WITH the modstation (and the mods) in 64.

I've even tried loading it first in 64, unloading, then running modstation, but get 32 (confirmed by Windows Task Manager).  I've also tried to delete my client in modstation and use that xxxxxxx64.exe instead, but modstation doesn't like it, says no client found in that directory.  So I tried renaming the file without the 64 (worldofwarships.exe) as the modstation expects, STILL no joy.  I then renamed the one in the WoWS root folder to xxxxxxbak.exe and copied the 64 one up to the root, renaming it without the 64, and more nope was the result.

It's hard to believe these streamers who use the modstation are running in 32 bit mode, there MUST be a way... but I'm stumped.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,061
[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,107 posts
4,661 battles

Are you using the right name?  Modstation doesn't start the client, it only installs mods.  Do you mean WGC?

If you're going to start the x64 manually (without WGC or the X:\Games\World_of_Warships\WorldOfWarships.exe launcher) then use Aslain's modpack and install into X:\Games\World_of_Warships\bin64\.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
299
[WOOK1]
Members
427 posts
14,355 battles
26 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Are you using the right name?  Modstation doesn't start the client, it only installs mods.  Do you mean WGC?

If you're going to start the x64 manually (without WGC or the X:\Games\World_of_Warships\WorldOfWarships.exe launcher) then use Aslain's modpack and install into X:\Games\World_of_Warships\bin64\.

 

The official WOWs Modstation (to which I'm referring in this thread) DOES start the client.  Are we talking about the same thing, or are you talking about Aslain's?  I'm a bit confused here... thanks for responding!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,061
[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,107 posts
4,661 battles
11 minutes ago, Thunder_Feet said:

DOES start the client.

Oh, I see it.  The Play button that I never use. 

Ignore it and start the client from the WGC.  Does it start the x64?  Are your mods in place?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
299
[WOOK1]
Members
427 posts
14,355 battles
9 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Oh, I see it.  The Play button that I never use. 

Ignore it and start the client from the WGC.  Does it start the x64?  Are your mods in place?

 

Oh, my, thank you.  Yes.  If I start from WGC my mods ARE there.  So I just CHANGE mods in modstation, start game in WGC (carefully using the drop down to start in 64 bit)… and it works.

Sorry, I thought to get the mods one had to use the start button in Modstation, and couldn't see the forest for that one tree.  Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×