You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

So when are Santa crates coming this month?

23 comments in this topic

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles

I looked in dev update forum and didn’t see anything. Even looked online. Does anybody have a good timeframe when this will go live?

[WOLFG]
Members
589 posts
13,117 battles
10 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal said:

Wasn't the patch supposed to be around the 11th or something?

Yeah.  I pre-loaded it yesterday, so it should be coming within the next few days.

[PVE]
Members
19,851 posts
12,029 battles
31 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I looked in dev update forum and didn’t see anything. Even looked online. Does anybody have a good timeframe when this will go live?

The patch drops Wednesday, December 11th. The Santa Gift boxes should come out between the 11th and 25th. We hopefully will find out when the patch notes drop on Tuesday.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
41 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal said:

Good. So people can continue to fund rigged matchmaking and broken russian ships for another year. Yay.

That's just the way it is. So long as WG keeps raking in the dough, they will never change.

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

Hopefully with the next patch, which thinks will be this upcoming week. WG doesn't usually give that much heads up so they will probably drop patch notes telling us Monday/Tuesday. 

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,861 posts
15,962 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal said:

Wasn't the patch supposed to be around the 11th or something?

Strange I heard it was on the 10th?:Smile_unsure: and aren't most updates on Thursdays?

[USCG]
Members
605 posts
20,449 battles

I’m hoping for Wednesday with the update. However, I feel like WGing likes to wait till around the 20th to start things off but they run it till late January long after folks have moved on and even the Hallmark channel has changed topics...  It’s like Halloween. They start the week before but run it till Thanksgiving!

Maybe the Russian calendar is different than ours...

[PVE]
Members
19,851 posts
12,029 battles
2 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

Strange I heard it was on the 10th?:Smile_unsure: and aren't most updates on Thursdays?

They switched to Wednesdays last year IIRC.

So 8.11 is set for Wed, Dec 11th with the Dockyard, Snowflakes, and Santa Gift Boxes

9.0 will probably be Wed, Jan 8th with early access UK CAs and PA Lunar New Year with 2-3 premiums.

9.1 will probably be Wed, Feb 5th with UK CA split line

9.2 will probably be Wed, Mar 4th Pan-EU DD line early access?

• Cool 4

[-K-]
Members
8,395 posts
14,434 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

The patch drops Wednesday, December 11th. The Santa Gift boxes should come out between the 11th and 25th. We hopefully will find out when the patch notes drop on Tuesday.

Considering the lack of action in the Premium Shop this weekend, it's likely the calm before the storm of Christmas sales.

• Cool 2

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Considering the lack of action in the Premium Shop this weekend, it's likely the calm before the storm of Christmas sales.

I, too, believe that the crates will arrive with the patch. Really, there's no reason not to have them come as soon as possible. The longer the sales window, the more WG makes.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,806 posts
44 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal said:

The longer the sales window, the more WG makes.

Not really.  There is a reason that Black Friday in the US isn't a month long. Sales have "ACT NOW!" and "Get them before it is too late!" in advertisements, not always because supply is limited.

Artificial Scarcity is a sales tactic as old as time but it is still used, because it works.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,851 posts
12,029 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

I agree

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,861 posts
15,962 battles
On 12/7/2019 at 9:40 AM, General_Lee_Miserable said:

This month will hurt my wallet. Tanks boxes come out this week too! 

yeah IKR? good thing WOWP still kinda sucks and never does events, other wise I'd be in the poor house.:Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,086 posts
4,028 battles

Rather than get excited over random loot boxes, I'm more interested to see if they have any good sales to buy ships directly...I can't depend on luck, because if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...

[BS]
Members
1,981 posts
10,907 battles

Santa crates came out earlier last year, around dec 12th maybe? And also weren't as good. it's almost like they knew people wouldn't buy as many so they started selling them a little early to make up for it.

• Cool 1

[WORST]
Members
158 posts
14,889 battles
On 12/8/2019 at 12:27 AM, Kizarvexis said:

So 8.11 is set for Wed, Dec 11th with the Dockyard, Snowflakes, and Santa Gift Boxes

9.0 will probably be Wed, Jan 8th with early access UK CAs and PA Lunar New Year with 2-3 premiums.

9.1 will probably be Wed, Feb 5th with UK CA split line

9.2 will probably be Wed, Mar 4th Pan-EU DD line early access?

Mediterranean Tokens expire on 1/15 (wed)  strongly suggesting that 0.9.0 will drop around the same time. WG historically had  longer update cycles around christmas / new year (the developers probably want a little break too).

shot-19.12.09_19.20.49-0897.jpg

[PVE]
Members
19,851 posts
12,029 battles
5 hours ago, Playbuoy said:

Mediterranean Tokens expire on 1/15 (wed)  strongly suggesting that 0.9.0 will drop around the same time. WG historically had  longer update cycles around christmas / new year (the developers probably want a little break too).

shot-19.12.09_19.20.49-0897.jpg

Shiny.