Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
darko99

Is there any plan for letting "b" ships complete their missions?

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1 post
6,793 battles

Is kinda ridiculous that only a perma black cammo on a ship change everything, i mean, is a copy past ship that is re-selled, why "b" ships cant complete their missions or at least make a mission for blackfrieday ships.

I got the alaska b for containers, now that i have it, why i even want to waste tons of coal on the normal version if there is more overpowered russian ships there?

or for example others dobloons premiums that are avalible, that make no sense to restrict missions for the normal versioned ships if wg is SELLING the b versions via containers

 

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

  • Funny 2
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,311
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,521 battles

The B ships don't have a mission. The missions are for the regular ship of the same name. I got all four in containers and the Alaska B was the only one I didn't have the match for. I finished all 3 missions easily and if I don't get an Alaska before the mission expires that's just too bad. I wont lose any sleep over it. I'm happy that I got 4 more premium ships cheap.

If you didn't read the details of the deal and understand it that's your fault and you have no reason to complain.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,660 posts

As far as I know, WG always gives compensation for getting premiums you already own.  That is what the mission is.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,656
[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,441 posts
9,977 battles

No, never.  Their purpose is to reward those who have the base ship.  Doing this is the antithesis to that.  Common sense, please read.  Their purpose and why you can't do them has been talked about many times over, use the search option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,880
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,721 battles

The whole idea behind that doubloon mission is to give an incentive to people who own the "normal" versions of those ships to purchase the "black" varieties. This isn't rocket science, how the heck can someone not understand that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,234
[SYN]
Members
3,689 posts
22,695 battles

Mate enjoy your ship, there is no need to get the regular version now.   

Doubloons were a sweetener for those who already have the ship otherwise there would be zero reason for them to buy crates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,985
[TBW]
Members
10,363 posts
17,639 battles
51 minutes ago, darko99 said:

for example others dobloons premiums that are avalible, that make no sense to restrict missions for the normal versioned ships if wg is SELLING the b versions via containers

If you win it in containers or buy it and you have the regular ship, you get the mission because otherwise there would be no incentive for people that own the ship to buy a black ship or the containers. If you don't own the ship and you win it in containers, you got a great deal, (maybe) If you buy it, you got it at a discount price off of the regular model and the mission really means nothing to you. Easy peasy. Personally I spent my ship money on a home still, so I can make whiskey and play Random battles and like it.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
279 posts
1,259 battles
23 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

The whole idea behind that doubloon mission is to give an incentive to people who own the "normal" versions of those ships to purchase the "black" varieties. This isn't rocket science, how the heck can someone not understand that? 

Or vise versa. Those that win a B ship to buy the normal version that is NOT on sale.

Some do just want to play a game instead of reading every odd detail about an event and or sale. Im sure WGs knew they were going to make sales for both normal and b versions of these ships. And some of those sales would be off the lack of reading fine print. Easy to blame the individual for not reading the details. Odd that is hard for some to grasp that WGs is taking advantage of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,572
[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
1 hour ago, darko99 said:

Is kinda ridiculous that only a perma black cammo on a ship change everything, i mean, is a copy past ship that is re-selled, why "b" ships cant complete their missions or at least make a mission for blackfrieday ships.

I got the alaska b for containers, now that i have it, why i even want to waste tons of coal on the normal version if there is more overpowered russian ships there?

or for example others dobloons premiums that are avalible, that make no sense to restrict missions for the normal versioned ships if wg is SELLING the b versions via containers

 

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

 

1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

The B ships don't have a mission. The missions are for the regular ship of the same name. I got all four in containers and the Alaska B was the only one I didn't have the match for. I finished all 3 missions easily and if I don't get an Alaska before the mission expires that's just too bad. I wont lose any sleep over it. I'm happy that I got 4 more premium ships cheap.

If you didn't read the details of the deal and understand it that's your fault and you have no reason to complain.

This^^^

The details of the black ships quite clearly says that the missions were for the normal ships. 

 

The Black ships are separate ships. They may have the same stats, but they are separate ships like the ARP clones, Kamikaze clones, and Graf Speed clone. So being separate ships is not new.

 

13 minutes ago, Quor_Dresden said:

Or vise versa. Those that win a B ship to buy the normal version that is NOT on sale.

Some do just want to play a game instead of reading every odd detail about an event and or sale. Im sure WGs knew they were going to make sales for both normal and b versions of these ships. And some of those sales would be off the lack of reading fine print. Easy to blame the individual for not reading the details. Odd that is hard for some to grasp that WGs is taking advantage of it.

It's hardly fine print when it was in the description of the mission.

108943781_Screenshot_20191129-1312152.thumb.png.5867f57731531fafc7ba36b83a77ebf4.png

 

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
279 posts
1,259 battles
20 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

This^^^

The details of the black ships quite clearly says that the missions were for the normal ships. 

 

The Black ships are separate ships. They may have the same stats, but they are separate ships like the ARP clones, Kamikaze clones, and Graf Speed clone. So being separate ships is not new.

 

It's hardly fine print when it was in the description of the mission.

108943781_Screenshot_20191129-1312152.thumb.png.5867f57731531fafc7ba36b83a77ebf4.png

 

Are they really that clear? The only indicator that it is for the normal version is the lack of a B by the name. Not exactly very detailed in explaining the requirements for the mission. Easy to pass by that as a possible mistake, or just quickly read it as Alaska, with mission chain for Alaska. When i say fine print I refer to the info people often skip over as it is just a game not a 500k home purchase. Even then people dont always read that massive stack of papers they rely on their agent to give them the highlights.

Interesting how people will complain everyday about buffs or nerfs and various game changes that WGs does, but when it comes to your wallet WGs is flawless in its marketing.

Edited by Quor_Dresden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,524
[SIM]
Members
5,078 posts
8,206 battles

As it turns out, the reading comprehension module only becomes available at tier XI.

  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,374 posts

Hey Alll!

I got a Graf Zeppelin B and have a Graf Zepplin.   Do you think anyone would mind if I played the Regular A version in CoOp ?  No clue how to play it. Would just use the secondaries...,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,018
[POP]
Members
4,446 posts
11,577 battles
4 minutes ago, Quor_Dresden said:

Are they really that clear? The only indicator that it is for the normal version is the lack of a B by the name. Not exactly very detailed in explaining the requirements for the mission. Easy to pass by that as a possible mistake, or just quickly read it as Alaska, with mission chain for Alaska. When i say fine print I refer to the info people often skip over as it is just a game not a 500k home purchase. Even then people dont always read that massive stack of papers they rely on their agent to give them the highlights.

Interesting how people will complain everyday about buffs or nerfs and various game changes that WGs does, but when it come to your wallet WGs is flawless in its marketing.

Not really sure how much clearer you want them to make it. A fully detailed sentence or essay for each listing explaining that two ships with different names are in fact different ships, and how the mission is intended as compensation for 'duplicate' ships that the game doesn't actually consider duplicates? Are there people that just see something for sale and buy it without actually reading what it includes? Apparently yes, and quite a lot of them based on the number of threads about this exact 'issue' from both last year's event and this year's, but if you're just going to skim over it and click buy there's not really a whole lot we can do.

No one that I've seen has ever said WG is flawless in their marketing. In fact, there are always complaints about premium shop listings both regarding the prices and WG's continued refusal to actually disclose drop rates for crate items, but when it's something that would be completely clear if people actually read the listing for what they're buying, the people who actually read it are going to be pointing out that the issue isn't the lack of clarity in the listing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,332 posts
4,615 battles

Would be interesting if you could earn the unique flags and patches for owning a B ship variant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,429
[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,279 posts
18 minutes ago, Quor_Dresden said:

Are they really that clear? The only indicator that it is for the normal version is the lack of a B by the name. Not exactly very detailed in explaining the requirements for the mission. Easy to pass by that as a possible mistake, or just quickly read it as Alaska, with mission chain for Alaska. When i say fine print I refer to the info people often skip over as it is just a game not a 500k home purchase. Even then people dont always read that massive stack of papers they rely on their agent to give them the highlights.

Interesting how people will complain everyday about buffs or nerfs and various game changes that WGs does, but when it comes to your wallet WGs is flawless in its marketing.

Nobody has ever accused me of being a WG cheerleader, but I have to say it seems pretty clear. You have Alaska B in gold print, and below that is says you get a mission for "Tier IX Alaska", in white print. Please notice the different color of the text, the different title of the ships and the fact that they refer to one by tier, and use the gold ship with a wreath indicating premium status to designate the other. Quite honestly, this is one of their clearer attempts to convey information. If anyone had trouble figuring this out, then they are either in Elementary school, or should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
25 posts
99 battles
21 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Hey Alll!

I got a Graf Zeppelin B and have a Graf Zepplin.   Do you think anyone would mind if I played the Regular A version in CoOp ?  No clue how to play it. Would just use the secondaries...,.

That's what I did. I don't often play the Graf Zepplin, but I played it in co-op once I got the B version just for the extra doubloons.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,518
[WOLF8]
Members
7,422 posts
6,312 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

As it turns out, the reading comprehension module only becomes available at tier XI.

 LOL, Tier XI... well said. :Smile_teethhappy:

As for the OP... please be happy that you at least got a Premium ship with a kewl camo at such discount or through a good luck. That doubloon mission isn't really for people without the vanilla version of the ship. You can safely ignore it, and doing just that would be my recommendation. :Smile_smile:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,007
[INTEL]
Members
13,234 posts
36,519 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

As it turns out, the reading comprehension module only becomes available at tier XI.

haha. I see what you did there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,572
[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
4 hours ago, Quor_Dresden said:

Are they really that clear? The only indicator that it is for the normal version is the lack of a B by the name. Not exactly very detailed in explaining the requirements for the mission. Easy to pass by that as a possible mistake, or just quickly read it as Alaska, with mission chain for Alaska. When i say fine print I refer to the info people often skip over as it is just a game not a 500k home purchase. Even then people dont always read that massive stack of papers they rely on their agent to give them the highlights.

Interesting how people will complain everyday about buffs or nerfs and various game changes that WGs does, but when it comes to your wallet WGs is flawless in its marketing.

Sounds like the people who would call the helpdesk complaining that we had not warned them when the contract would end and now their bill went up. Of course at 90 days and 30 days to go, letters were sent. And every monthly bill over the term had the end date of the discount listed, but it wasn't their fault and we were wrong for doing that.

 

3 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Hey Alll!

I got a Graf Zeppelin B and have a Graf Zepplin.   Do you think anyone would mind if I played the Regular A version in CoOp ?  No clue how to play it. Would just use the secondaries...,.

Come to co-op and play. We won't mind as you learn.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
984
[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,344 battles
4 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Hey Alll!

I got a Graf Zeppelin B and have a Graf Zepplin.   Do you think anyone would mind if I played the Regular A version in CoOp ?  No clue how to play it. Would just use the secondaries...,.

It's co-op. The worse you do, the better the rest of us do, and the more likely we will be to have a longer match. Rush a cap in Zep, do whatever.

I know it's how I play her in co-op, and, as even BBs shoot you with HE, it's shockingly effective if done well. XD

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,981
[O_O]
Members
6,559 posts
15,568 battles
7 hours ago, darko99 said:

I got the alaska b for containers

Wins an Alaska B, tier 9 premium ship...still complains.  :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
510 posts
14,456 battles
6 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Hey Alll!

I got a Graf Zeppelin B and have a Graf Zepplin.   Do you think anyone would mind if I played the Regular A version in CoOp ?  No clue how to play it. Would just use the secondaries...,.

I was in the same boat (yup, I went there!) as I'd received Enterprise, Saipan, and Graf Zeppelin a few months ago, and then GZ-B in a Black Friday crate.    I'd never played a cv, and had no idea how to do it, but I didn't want to see those potential 2,500 doubloons just disappear. 

So, I created a Training Room and took my cv's into there and played around.    Now, after a few dozen co-op battles, I actually understand the concept of running a cv (and I hate to say, I'm having fun!)  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,332 posts
4,615 battles
11 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

It's co-op. The worse you do, the better the rest of us do, and the more likely we will be to have a longer match. Rush a cap in Zep, do whatever.

I know it's how I play her in co-op, and, as even BBs shoot you with HE, it's shockingly effective if done well. XD

I'm the main protagonist of this story and if I'm not doing better than all of you, that won't fly.:Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×