You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Icthar

Token decision

8 comments in this topic

[IHW]
Members
16 posts
5,553 battles

I don't usually post questions, but I figured why not, it's Friday...

Those Italian tokens or whatever they were called must be used by December 12th I think, and I have enough to either get the Almalfi perma-camo, or roll the random bundles a bunch more times and guarantee myself that Tier 5 ship pretty much.

Usually those perma-camos are a bunch of gold, and I saw people saying that the Tier 5 ship was pretty crumby.... but then again people are saying the Almalfi is pretty crumby (I haven't quite gotten to it yet).  What say you?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,537 posts
16,248 battles

Tier 8 and up are all good. Even the tier 7 is pretty good. So yeah the perm camo is a good way to go for tokens. Will save you a lot and help in the grind up.

[POP]
Members
4,432 posts
11,540 battles

I had heard a lot of mixed reviews about both the Genova and the Italian line in general, but I figured that at some point I’d probably grind through them (hearing that the high tiers were at least decent) and the camos would be nice to have for whenever that happened, so I ended up buying all four camos. I got my first bundle for the coal and then used the rest to pick up a few days of premium and some credits with the remainder. Yes I probably could have put the tokens into getting Genova but I decided having the camos would be better in the long run in case I either found I liked the ships or wanted to be able to grind through them quicker without necessarily using up the rarer high xp camos. 

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
14 minutes ago, Icthar said:

I don't usually post questions, but I figured why not, it's Friday...

Those Italian tokens or whatever they were called must be used by December 12th I think, and I have enough to either get the Almalfi perma-camo, or roll the random bundles a bunch more times and guarantee myself that Tier 5 ship pretty much.

Usually those perma-camos are a bunch of gold, and I saw people saying that the Tier 5 ship was pretty crumby.... but then again people are saying the Almalfi is pretty crumby (I haven't quite gotten to it yet).  What say you?

The Italian Tokens, the ones you earned in patch 8.9 which was last patch, have to be spent by when the patch window starts at 2am PST on Wed, Dec 11th. So you want to spend them by end of day on Tue, Dec 10th.

The T5 & T6 perma-camos cost 1,000 dubs normally. The T7 costs 2,000 dubs and T8 costs 3,000 dubs. The big benefit for perma-camo is the -10% service cost and the +50% XP without it running out. Most will only buy them for dubs if they play the ship a lot. Since these are for Tokens, you may want the T8 Amalfi perma-camo if you plan on playing it at all.

The current Med Tokens have to be spent by the end of 8.11, which is likely to be 2am PST on Wed, Jan 8th.

The Ship Building Tokens we earn in 8.11 will likely have to be spent by the end of patch 9.0 which should be early Feb (Wed, Feb 5th-ish).

The British Tokens we earn in 9.0 will have to be spent by the end of 9.1 which should be early Mar (Wed, Mar 4th-ish).

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,949 posts
27,047 battles

I usually go for T7+ perma camos. 

I spend most of the time playing higher tiers, so getting a boost for training a new captain or xp for missions is always welcome.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,910 posts
16,645 battles

I'm up to Zara, don't have Amalfi ... but have heard that's where the line starts to get better.  I got the permacamo for both of them. 

A lesson I learned long ago was don't pass up a chance to get "free", i.e. winnable, perm camos for ships T7 and up.

Members
1,927 posts
7,608 battles

If you don't have many expendable camos, it's a good use of them. But 50% is not great for grinding if you have a boatload of 100%+ expendables, which you will have after playing long enough.