You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Roberto577_One

Can you repurchase sold Premium ships for credits?

24 comments in this topic

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles

I know that you can sell your Premiums and repurchase them with credits in World of Tanks, is that a feature in WoWS? I'd like to sell my Ishizuchi and Yubari in order to get credits to buy the Benson, but I want to know if I can repurchase them first. That being said, I never play them anyway, so no loss if you can't. I'm just curious.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,478 posts
19,378 battles

Yes you can, but you need to have the amount of credits that you got for them. So why do it? You can also play them.

Members
1,674 posts
12,626 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Yes you can, but you need to have the amount of credits that you got for them. So why do it? You can also play them.

I do not think so.

image.png.623e06e3a05b64994c32fe62f02e8d76.png

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,478 posts
19,378 battles
Just now, LadyAnesjka said:

I do not think so.

Not through the client, no. You have to send in a ticket. You can only request this so many times a year, but you can request multiple ships per ticket.

• Cool 1

Members
1,674 posts
12,626 battles
Just now, Roberto577_One said:

Well, then there are no credits lost in the process, correct? Also, I'd rather learn to play high tier ships well than keep playing low tiers.

Trust me, is better you play low tier or else you just going to have miserable time for you and you team

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,478 posts
19,378 battles
1 minute ago, Roberto577_One said:

Well, then there are no credits lost in the process, correct?

No, but you have to grind the credits either way.

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

No, but you have to grind the credits either way.

I probably won't even repurchase them, I just want the option.

14 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Trust me, is better you play low tier or else you just going to have miserable time for you and you team

There's no better way to get better at high tiers than playing them. Also, I know how to play DD's pretty well, keep enemy DD's from capping points, and cap them yourself, then spot, and maybe even deal some damage yourself.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,478 posts
19,378 battles
1 minute ago, Roberto577_One said:

I probably won't even repurchase them, I just want the option.

Well, it's there. You'd have to submit a ticket and request a buy-back.

But, and this is just my personal opinion, I think it's remarkably stupid to sell ships that earn increased credits every time you play them for a one-time infusion of credits. That said, it's your choice and your call.

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles
Just now, Lert said:

But, and this is just my personal opinion, I think it's remarkably stupid to sell ships that earn increased credits every time you play them for a one-time infusion of credits. That said, it's your choice and your call.

I agree with you, but I already have Atago and Sims for credit grinding, and I sincerely doubt I will ever play Yubari and Ishizuchi again.

I would never sell Atago and Sims, since I use them so frequently for credit grinding, but Yubari and Ishizuchi aren't that great at it, so I won't be playing them again anytime soon.

[-N-]
Beta Testers
152 posts
3,699 battles
59 minutes ago, Lert said:

oh... how does one know which ships he sold ? i sold 2 T3 premiums 3 years ago. but dunno what they were

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,478 posts
19,378 battles
1 minute ago, reza577 said:

oh... how does one know which ships he sold ? i sold 2 T3 premiums 3 years ago. but dunno what they were

Look through your service record. If you ever played them they should be in there.

Members
5,320 posts
10,121 battles
2 hours ago, Roberto577_One said:

Also, I'd rather learn to play high tier ships well than keep playing low tiers.

No - you should go thru the lower tiers unless you are super duper unicum now.  High tier play is rather unforgiving and you lose cash VERY quickly.  With less than 1K games - you are barely scratches the surface of game play much less the mechanics of game play.

[NSEW]
Members
1,983 posts
11,010 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Not through the client, no. You have to send in a ticket. You can only request this so many times a year, but you can request multiple ships per ticket.

What he said.

You can every 6 months request your sold ships back from WG. There is no limit how many ships you can ask per request.

Go to the tickets section to request it.

Requirement is that you must have enough Credits in game to cover the costs per ship requested.

[NSEW]
Members
1,983 posts
11,010 battles
48 minutes ago, Lert said:

Look through your service record. If you ever played them they should be in there.

That, but sometimes, WG gives us ships to play with for very short time. So don't get confused like me.  I thought I had a premium ship, but it was a 'rental'.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,847 posts
2 hours ago, Roberto577_One said:

I agree with you, but I already have Atago and Sims for credit grinding, and I sincerely doubt I will ever play Yubari and Ishizuchi again.

I would never sell Atago and Sims, since I use them so frequently for credit grinding, but Yubari and Ishizuchi aren't that great at it, so I won't be playing them again anytime soon.

Never, ever sell premium ships.  ESPECIALLY low tier premium ships.  It is much better to keep them in your port, even if you never play them.

First, credits are earned just by playing the game (well, at higher tiers), they are free to get, as much as you want.  Selling ships never really solves that problem, you just have to deal with it again later.  It's just kicking the can down the road and if you plan on buying them back, you are always "in debt".  Nobody likes being in debt.

Most importantly and here is the main reason, this game will sometimes give you crates in which free premium ships will come out of.  That ship is a roll of the dice, the possible outcomes of that dice roll, are all the premium ships that you do not currently own.  There is a theory (and I think there is some truth to it), that the game is more likely to give you lower tier premium ships (that are worth less), if you don't already have them.

So if you have purchased a premium ship, sell that premium ship and then before you get it back, you get a crate that drops a ship, you can very well get that premium ship that you paid for and then sold, back again.  This is a bad thing.  If you hadn't sold that premium ship, the one that dropped out of the crate might have been an $80 T9 premium BB instead.

In addition, the whole open a ticket and get your sold ships back thing, is at WG's discretion.  They don't gurantee that they will do it and there is a limited number of times that they will do it per player.  It's designed as an "opps I made a mistake, can you please fix it" get of jail card.  Not a banking system.  WG can very easily tell you "no".

Do not sell premium ships.  Also, do not sell ships above T5, premium or not.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,847 posts
7 minutes ago, deltatrooper653 said:

I wonder though, what bout premium ships sold as part of a doubloon refund? Will support refund those too?

If you are talking about the CVs.  I don't think so no.  If I recall there was text in it that said that the action was irreversible.  This was due to changing costs of CVs before and after the rework.  Some premium CVs got a free tier bump, which would have made them worth more after, than what we paid for them before the refund.

Members
601 posts
11,628 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Brb going to go get all the premium ships I have sold now lol

Members
566 posts
255 battles

why don't sell ships over tier 5? i sold colorado about 7 seconds after i grinded NC. no force on earth can make me do another battle in that ship. also sold guepard cause i needed a port slot for croc, which is still taking up a port slot and can't be sold. also i'm  going to sell Friedrich der grose the minute i grind GK, it's worse than colorado.