You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeed_US

Map glare

5 comments in this topic

[NSEW]
Members
1,944 posts
10,984 battles

Hello,

With the ongoing changes with the maps (making them HDR).  I have noticed a significant increase in the glare that the maps project more so than before.

Wargaming, have had visually impaired workarounds within the settings.  But the glare issues, have gone unheard so far.  I have made many attempts at asking it.

I  understand that the game will increase in it's visuals as time progresses.  But it would be appreciated also, if we had a choice in options to completely turn off such visual effects directly.  I really would not mind, even if the game had an option to change the visuals akin to the cartoony port of azur lane (attached below, a very basic example).  At least this way the glare is not an issue.

Also, the glare issue seems to be more apparent from the lower graphical settings than higher ones.

One can see the change in HDR/map updates that when in certain angles, even the minimap is harder to read (if not in full opacity mode). 

The recent changes so far, have brought nothing but eye strain, after eye strain.  Which equals me having lesser interest in playing the games as a whole.

shot-19_12.01_04_29.20-0105.thumb.jpg.4b5330d62399e5cc81c27c5046a7c0a4.jpg

shot-19_12.06_20_16.32-0535.thumb.jpg.001bb6aa9d9f77aae8d99f4b49736341.jpg

Edited by LowSpeed_US

[WOLFG]
Members
234 posts
6,629 battles

ModStation has a mod called "remove fog and glare".  It was helpful to me. 

[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles

They have been know to have glare get out of hand in the past as well, so much so that on some maps I convinced my teams to lemming train with sun glare off to one side so that enemy team would have their aim impaired, and we would win each time thanks to the glare on maps throwing off enemy aim. 

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,279 posts

Yeah the overcast Greece map is fine, the sunny one is incredibly annoying. And Land of fire is back to that orange "Did I just have a stroke?" look. The good news is the UI is as slow and sticky as ever. Who needs maps you can see when you can have impaired game functions instead?

• Funny 1

[NSEW]
Members
1,944 posts
10,984 battles
3 hours ago, Hiro804 said:

ModStation has a mod called "remove fog and glare".  It was helpful to me. 

I've tried that, and using it.  But it isn't enough to mitigate any glare.  I really struggle to play this game more than few games when the screen is glaring at me.

Edit:

Unless WG comes up with a definitive answer/option. This will be an ongoing thing.   Last thing I need is WG not catering to the players that suffers from the games "Visual improvements".  I never had such issues pre 0.8.0. if my memory serves.

Edited by LowSpeed_US