Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GoaJim

I'd Like Better Statistics

9 comments in this topic

[NFE]
Members
360 posts
3,238 battles

I'm happy that we have websites that summarize and analyze our gameplay, but I wish there were more/better stats available. Like:

Average damage/caps/sinks  in Wins

Averages in Losses

Record when doing more than my average damage

Record when doing less

Record when surviving

Record when getting 1/2/3/4+ torp hits

Things like that would help me be a better player, because I would know what to concentrate on. I realize it's probably a big job, and likely isn't going to happen, but one can dream.

[GGWP]
Members
6,908 posts
15,614 battles

I'm sure someone could write a program that would keep track of most of that for you personally. It would have to update after every single battles but it should be able to be done. 

Your record when surviving is kept track of on your WG profile. There is a line that says either survived wins or survived losses, quick math will give you your record. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,237 posts
4,119 battles

Part of the issue is we don't have access to all the data necessary for many stats like that. WG does collect it, but I don't believe we have access. It would be nice if we could pull the raw info from WG servers, at which point it's a relatively simple (if time consuming) task to write a program to display whatever you want.

Members
1,927 posts
7,608 battles

I just wish we could right click on our own name and view the stats in-game like we can other players. It's a much more concise, sortable view than is the profile page stats view, or the website views. I really don't understand why they made the decision to disable that view for the player. Makes no sense. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,101 posts
4,661 battles

I'd like to have better stats, too.

Oh, wait, you mean more stats?  Eh.

[STW-A]
Members
831 posts
7,046 battles
1 hour ago, GoaJim said:

I'm happy that we have websites that summarize and analyze our gameplay, but I wish there were more/better stats available. Like:

Average damage/caps/sinks  in Wins

Averages in Losses

Record when doing more than my average damage

Record when doing less

Record when surviving

Record when getting 1/2/3/4+ torp hits

Things like that would help me be a better player, because I would know what to concentrate on. I realize it's probably a big job, and likely isn't going to happen, but one can dream.

I agree that it would be really nice to have more detailed data for certain parts of our stats, I in particular would like to know my damage averages in wins compared to losses since a lot of my better individual performances have come in losses.  You do have the ability to see your record when surviving though:

image.thumb.png.11861a8941251bcc2a4721c2f522b15f.png

Edited by Deviathan
  • Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,512 posts
6,676 battles

I would too..... Mine suck.  

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

I would like better stats because I do want to improve. But I want to enjoy the game 1st. Winning does improve enjoyment.

[NFE]
Members
360 posts
3,238 battles

I think it might help people learn to play different ships better. I think I know how to play DDs, for the most part, but I'm not good with Cruisers, and worse with Battleships.

Sign in to follow this