Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

ST: ARP/Dragons ships will get a premium bonus

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,112
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,954 posts
27,069 battles

Also, the following improvements are made:

Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, and ARP ships are becoming premium ships. This means they will get increased credits earnings;

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,698
[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,352 posts
23,832 battles

I wonder if I can get a ticket in to get them back. I saw no point in keeping them before but this sort of changes it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
171
[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
259 posts
5,422 battles
1 minute ago, Skuggsja said:

I wonder if I can get a ticket in to get them back. I saw no point in keeping them before but this sort of changes it.

This :\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,207
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,101 posts
 
 
 
 
48 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Also, the following improvements are made:

Southern Dragon, Eastern Dragon, and ARP ships are becoming premium ships. This means they will get increased credits earnings;

I kept the Southern Dragon and the Takao, the others I got rid of to open up port slots. I noticed that my Tako is now called "Atago" everywhere but the Port. After someone mentioned it. I noticed that it could mount standard camo yesterday too. It doesn't come with a permacamo but my Southern Dragon's permanent "dragon" skin can now be demounted and gives benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,084
[RLGN]
Members
14,457 posts
25,590 battles
12 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I wonder if I can get a ticket in to get them back. I saw no point in keeping them before but this sort of changes it.

Considering the effects of this change, and being collab ships, probably no.

5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I kept the Southern Dragon and the Takao, the others I got rid of to open up port slots. I noticed that my Tako is now called "Atago" everywhere but the Port. After someone mentioned it. I noticed that it could mount standard camo yesterday too. It doesn't come with a permacamo but my Southern Dragon's permanent "dragon" skin can now be demounted and gives benefits.

They’ve been able to do so at least since the last patch I think. Ran my Harugumo with a regular camo recently to check it out.

(-)

What is the saying?

’I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.’

(Don’t sell your collab ships.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
984
[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,343 battles

If you haven't used your every 6 month reclaim, just have the sell price of the ships in your piggy bank and ask for them all back in a single ticket. Be specific and you should get them all back if you want them all back.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,698
[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,352 posts
23,832 battles
1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

If you haven't used your every 6 month reclaim, just have the sell price of the ships in your piggy bank and ask for them all back in a single ticket. Be specific and you should get them all back if you want them all back.

I've never requested a ship back so maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
935 posts
4,079 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

I've never requested a ship back so maybe.

There's an entire category of support tickets you can submit that is dedicated to requesting back vehicles on WG games that you sold (premium ones). I've done this with WOWS and WOT Blitz and it worked. You just need to have the amount of credits required to get the ship back (which you can ask how much you will need and they will respond). They will get your ships back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
362
[-ARM-]
Beta Testers
997 posts
11,084 battles

Nice, I have all of the ARP ships, though wasn't really around much when the Dragon ships were available.

Damn, thinking back on how I got Kongo and Myoko during the first time around, makes me wish for those types of missions again. The campaigns are a lot of fun, just wish that special ships were offered more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[5IN]
Supertester
2,106 posts
10,138 battles
28 minutes ago, richie_macrophage said:

There's an entire category of support tickets you can submit that is dedicated to requesting back vehicles on WG games that you sold (premium ones). I've done this with WOWS and WOT Blitz and it worked. You just need to have the amount of credits required to get the ship back (which you can ask how much you will need and they will respond). They will get your ships back.

Not arguing with you at all, but does that really work? I've got one premium that I sold and wish I could get back, if only to look at it in my port.  I kind of doubt it, at least for my situation (Belfast).  Maybe I'll give it a shot.

B

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
837
[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,410 posts
5,756 battles
3 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

I wonder if I can get a ticket in to get them back. I saw no point in keeping them before but this sort of changes it.

 

3 hours ago, Epic_Baller said:

This :\

YES put in a ticket to support. 

people sell premium ships all the time by accident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,860
[WOLF3]
Members
27,512 posts
24,067 battles

Official source below for those that want to see it in black & white.

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/st-arms-race-and-other-improvements-1818d244aea7

38 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

Not arguing with you at all, but does that really work? I've got one premium that I sold and wish I could get back, if only to look at it in my port.  I kind of doubt it, at least for my situation (Belfast).  Maybe I'll give it a shot.

B

 

 

Long, long ago, WG gave as a small "Thank you" for the guys that were playing at launch a free, low tier Premium Albany.  I took a 6 month or so break in the game in Nov.2015.  I remember selling Albany off.  When I returned, I wanted it back.  All I did was submit a ticket and the representative gave the conditions for me to get it back.  This was long ago though, but if I were you, I'd give it a shot.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
407
[NSEW]
Members
1,942 posts
10,982 battles
36 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

Not arguing with you at all, but does that really work? I've got one premium that I sold and wish I could get back, if only to look at it in my port.  I kind of doubt it, at least for my situation (Belfast).  Maybe I'll give it a shot.

B

 

 

Yes, you can every 6 months gap in between requests.  You can request all the ships sold at one go, provided that you have enough credits to buy them back.  Don't bother asking them which ships you sold back to them (because I couldn't remember which was sold), they will refer you to 3rd party website for the listing.  Do your own research, send request for the ships; save yourself the back and forth time that will aggravate you.

 

As for the recent changes with ARP ships, I guess I'll grind enough credits to ask them back at some point.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,149
[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,708 posts

Nice. More reason to play my Takao then. No need to spend money on the Atago now XD The ARP ships count as IJN for mission purposes right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[-PVE-]
Members
254 posts
13,034 battles

Sometimes you'r the fly and sometimes you'r the windshield. Today I am the windshield with RNG. I have and have kept them all and will rejoice. :Smile_glasses:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,149
[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,708 posts
Just now, Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal said:

I wish they'd all get a "conventional" camo with this change. I hate sailing them naked, but the dolled up camo simply isn't my cup of tea, so it is disabled.

Good news: That's in testing, too. Where disabling 'special' camos will keep the benefits but you will just see the standard camo scheme for a ship.

Quote

Additional content settings are updated. Now you will still get bonuses from a camouflage when you hide it. The standard permanent camouflage or — in case the ship doesn’t have one — the Type 5 camouflage will be displayed instead;

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/st-arms-race-and-other-improvements-1818d244aea7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
204
[-AGW-]
Members
982 posts
14,030 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal said:

I wish they'd all get a "conventional" camo with this change. I hate sailing them naked, but the dolled up camo simply isn't my cup of tea, so it is disabled.

Some of the pink ones are a little hard to take, but the blue for the ARP Takao is quite nice really.

I also have a pile of captains for them with 6 and 10 points :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
382
[WOLFG]
Members
584 posts
13,074 battles

 

7 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

I wonder if I can get a ticket in to get them back. I saw no point in keeping them before but this sort of changes it.

Yes, you can get them back.  I posted about it in the original thread, and got this response from Umbaretz...  I am gonna do it once I get enough credits back in my wallet for all 6.
 
 
  13 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

ARP ships becoming premium ships with higher income is pretty cool.  Now I wish I had kept them all, lol.  Only kept one of each flavor, plus Southern Dragon.

You can ask support to restore them:
https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/23024/
 

In fact, you can restore any premium ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
382
[WOLFG]
Members
584 posts
13,074 battles
3 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Nice. More reason to play my Takao then. No need to spend money on the Atago now XD The ARP ships count as IJN for mission purposes right?

Yes, the ARP and the Dragon ships count for IJN missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[5IN]
Supertester
2,106 posts
10,138 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Official source below for those that want to see it in black & white.

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/st-arms-race-and-other-improvements-1818d244aea7

Long, long ago, WG gave as a small "Thank you" for the guys that were playing at launch a free, low tier Premium Albany.  I took a 6 month or so break in the game in Nov.2015.  I remember selling Albany off.  When I returned, I wanted it back.  All I did was submit a ticket and the representative gave the conditions for me to get it back.  This was long ago though, but if I were you, I'd give it a shot.

 

4 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Yes, you can every 6 months gap in between requests.  You can request all the ships sold at one go, provided that you have enough credits to buy them back.  Don't bother asking them which ships you sold back to them (because I couldn't remember which was sold), they will refer you to 3rd party website for the listing.  Do your own research, send request for the ships; save yourself the back and forth time that will aggravate you.

 

As for the recent changes with ARP ships, I guess I'll grind enough credits to ask them back at some point.

 

Thank you both.  I"ll give it a shot.  I only want the Belfast back... not that I'll play it much (I sucked at it before), but having visited the RL ship in London, I want it back in my port (assuming they'll do it).  Worth a shot.

thanks again!

B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
1 minute ago, bassmasta76 said:

 

Thank you both.  I"ll give it a shot.  I only want the Belfast back... not that I'll play it much (I sucked at it before), but having visited the RL ship in London, I want it back in my port (assuming they'll do it).  Worth a shot.

thanks again!

B

Belfast might be a special case, if you already sold it back for doubloons during the smoke-buyback...

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,207
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,101 posts
 
 
 
1
7 hours ago, sulghunter331 said:

Nice, I have all of the ARP ships, though wasn't really around much when the Dragon ships were available.

The Southern Dragon is just a Myoko but I get a kick of playing it because of the way it looks and the fun I can have in chat while playing it. At the first of the match, I'll post something like "From the inky depts of the Austral seas, a mythical beast arises!" When I'm sunk I'll say "It's reign of terror at an end, the Austral dragon sinks slowly beneath the waves." 

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[5IN]
Supertester
2,106 posts
10,138 battles
1 hour ago, mobryan said:

Belfast might be a special case, if you already sold it back for doubloons during the smoke-buyback...

 

Matt

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well...

B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×