Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chiller_

Game dropping Internet connection

5 comments in this topic

[APEXI]
Members
2 posts
5,566 battles

I have seen this before periodically, but it is very consistent today. I connect to the game and then am dropped within a few minutes. My internet connection is working consistently, so it does seem to be something to do with the update. This last time, I had just clicked play for a random battle, got dropped, and by the time I was able to log back in I returned to a penalty of 3 games for inactivity or leaving a game early. What will happen if I try to log in again and the game continues to drop me. Will I end up being banned from the game for the games failure to retain my connection? Very unsatisfying.

[FKTOL]
Members
12 posts
8,781 battles

I have also had this issue, tried with multiple types of connections too. Powerline, lan, and wifi but they all give the same result. 

I have restarted my machine multiple times, powercycled the modem, etc. Only time I have an issue with the online connection is with World of Warships. Typically it is a very slow login to the actual game, WGC opens like a charm, and then easy access to armory and anything in the port. Trying to start a game results in a game crash and trying to log back on sometimes takes longer than the battle itself, resulting in the glorious penalty for leaving a game early. 

I gave the game a rest for a bit and tried again this afternoon, starting a game resulted in losing connection to the game, but hey I was able to log back on this time with half health and a spread of torps coming at me so at least I'll avoid an additional penalty. However when I went to exit to port after a riveting 4 minutes of gameplay after almost 10 minutes of waiting, the game lost connection again. Attempting to log back on, did some research for like 5 minutes of others having this issue, then came to the forum, wrote this post, and the game is still waiting to reconnect. 

This all started I bought a black Friday crate too, maybe RNG was so against me that it also made the game disconnect too? 

Anyways I'm sure it'll get sorted out soon enough but I would really, really like to get rid of that strike on the account for leaving a game early. 

[WORX]
Members
11,116 posts
18,750 battles
1 hour ago, Chiller_ said:

This last time, I had just clicked play for a random battle, got dropped, and by the time I was able to log back in I returned to a penalty of 3 games for inactivity or leaving a game early.

Sorry to be the bearer of reality BUT... In order to get a 3 game warning, you had to achieve the following

• Not attempting to log back in before the match concluded
    • If you "attempted" to get back in and the game concludes... You dont get pink...

That said...

1 hour ago, Chiller_ said:

What will happen if I try to log in again and the game continues to drop me. Will I end up being banned from the game for the games failure to retain my connection? Very unsatisfying.

^^^^ This doesn't happen because of how the system I explained above...

So, if you get kicked out... Just make the "attempt" to get back in.. If you dont and the match concludes, then yes your pink for 3 games.

Edited by Navalpride33

[FKTOL]
Members
12 posts
8,781 battles

I did try, issue is that it didn't let me log into the game at all the second time I tried. Just kind of sat there being sad. After roughly 5 minutes I just stopped the game and gave it up for a few days. Normally it'll take a minute or so to boot in, but heck I left it trying to reconnect after the leaving game drop and I had time to read on the forums and read about the checking game files for integrity on the WGC, which I did, before finally shutting the game down. So that was all together about 15 minutes and it still hadn't reloaded. 

Attempting to run it again, sweep concluded and added to firewall exceptions from the WGC. Restarting game.

shot-19.12.06_15.39.46-0633.jpg

Edited by halonachos
Adding screenshot

[FKTOL]
Members
12 posts
8,781 battles

Wanted to cancel the game after 7 minutes, however letting it run until it either boots or reaches a normal game's time limit, got bored after 16 minutes and that's close enough to 20 minutes I guess. 

Pinging login.worldofwarships [92.242.140.2] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 92.242.140.2: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=245
Reply from 92.242.140.2: bytes=32 time=49ms TTL=245
Reply from 92.242.140.2: bytes=32 time=49ms TTL=245
Reply from 92.242.140.2: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=245

Ping statistics for 92.242.140.2:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 49ms, Maximum = 56ms, Average = 51ms

So it seems that I can get to the login pretty decently but the game is having issues, I'm trying to avoid reinstalling but that's always an option of course. 

Shutdown antivirus to see if that will do anything, no luck there. For time's sake going to call it at the 2 minute mark, double the time limit that I normally get with my worst connection in the house. 

So far shutting down antivirus seems to be a fix? Game launched successfully, battle launched successfully, exited to port successfully. 

Turned anti-virus back on, game launched successfully. I would give turning your antivirus off and starting a new instance of WoWs. If it takes more than double the normal time to log in then you still have an issue. Would then try to do a dns flush and deleting your temporary internet files to see if that's part of it.

I lied, enabling antivirus caused the same issue. So yeah, just turn off your antivirus.

Edited by halonachos
After game report of issue

Sign in to follow this