You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Fight For Arizona Friday - Pearl Harbor

9 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,650 posts
9,964 battles

hires_g32463.jpg

*pictured - USS California (BB-44) listing to port after taking bomb and torpedo damage while moored at Ford Island on 7 December 1941 at 11:07 hours*

78 years ago, the Imperial Japanese Navy launched an attack on the US Naval Station at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.

The attack crippled the US Navy's Pacific Fleet which included the iconic battleship USS Arizona.

This weekend, you can fight for the Fleet and cement the IJN's place in history or perhaps change the tide of battle for the USN.

Are you ready to go to General Quarters and "Fight for Arizona"?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/pearl-harbor-remembered/

"I have just taken on a great responsibility. I will do my utmost to meet it." - Chester Nimitz, U.S. Navy

#fightforarizona

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 3

[-K-]
Members
8,389 posts
14,406 battles

Would love to put some time into this event, but doing Ranked things may interfere.  Z-52 is doing a lot of heavy lifting for me in Ranked right now, so I don't want to jinx it by switching to Gearing or Des Moines at this point.  Zao has been my backup go-to, so that may be an option if Z-52 goes sour on me.

[INTEL]
Members
3,122 posts
17,094 battles
5 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Would love to put some time into this event, but doing Ranked things may interfere.  Z-52 is doing a lot of heavy lifting for me in Ranked right now, so I don't want to jinx it by switching to Gearing or Des Moines at this point.  Zao has been my backup go-to, so that may be an option if Z-52 goes sour on me.

Z-52 does seem to work pretty well with its mini-radar near caps and islands.

The good news is that Ranked games are included in the Missions portion of the event.  No nation restrictions are noted there.

Edited by ClassicLib

[ARGSY]
Members
20,583 posts
14,686 battles

image.thumb.png.c16f497cd6199eb409df64adb6edd1c4.png

Those with none of the ships listed, please note: If you do the associated mission chain, you get the Arizona for 24 hours with which to do the points tasks.

image.thumb.png.f4963d602d3e0f6369866ad1501aeb19.png

Parts 2 to 4 are: Be first to spot 20 torps, any number of battles; Shoot down 20 aircraft over any number of battles; earn 5000 base XP (all in T5-10 ships, ops, ranked, random, co-op).

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,541 posts
16,276 battles

I will probably do a lot of this over the weekend looks fun.

[RSF]
Members
159 posts
11,610 battles
9 minutes ago, Banished_Privateer said:

How do we check our points?

Once again I believe that you cant unless you keep track of them yourself. Just another way to get you to play the mid tier ships and think you are going to win something.

• Cool 1

[-AHOY]
Members
256 posts
7,440 battles
1 minute ago, gprix84 said:

Once again I believe that you cant unless you keep track of them yourself. Just another way to get you to play the mid tier ships and think you are going to win something.

real shame