You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RagingxMarmoset

What happened to HMS Indomitable?

35 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
1,577 posts
2,106 battles

You know, the premium tier VIII British carrier? Wasn't she briefly available in some bundle and then not again or something? Seems like she's been in development purgatory forever. 

• Cool 2

Members
2,633 posts
4,251 battles

I was just wondering this myself.  I was looking forward to her playstyle but from my understanding,  she was hard to balance.  Her bombers were either crap or too good against DD's while not really covering the gap for not having torpedo bombers for everything else.  Personally I am okay with that idea,  since we have ships that are geared specifically towards defeating other ships ((Deepwater torpedoes and AA heavy ships off the top of my head)) but eh.

Members
620 posts
19,884 battles

Last I heard, she had just entered.............. yet another round of testing.

[SIM]
Members
4,675 posts
7,770 battles

She’s currently touring the Bahamas with Italian Destroyer Leone and Japanese Destroyer Hayate.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[PVE]
Members
5,009 posts
22,432 battles
57 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

My God, he farts dust.

I thought that was a term for somebody that was deceased.

Coolie...this game has zombies too?

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
15,434 battles

Heyo

She was originally in testing how we were not happy with her concept and gameplay. Instead of releasing a pretty ordinary ship, we decided to return her to the drawing board to reconsider her future and what that looks like.

At this time she will likely be seen again in testing soon with her release in the future if all goes well.

Fem, 

• Cool 7

[5D2]
Supertester
2,311 posts
22,722 battles
15 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

She’s currently touring the Bahamas with Italian Destroyer Leone and Japanese Destroyer Hayate.

Dont forget Slava 

[SIM]
Members
4,675 posts
7,770 battles
4 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Dont forget Slava 

Don't say its name! You'll get its attention! :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[TF16B]
Modder
590 posts
727 battles
15 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

[5D2]
Supertester
2,311 posts
22,722 battles
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

Don't say its name! You'll get its attention! :Smile_veryhappy:

images (3).jpeg

• Funny 1

Modder
83 posts
345 battles

I'm also testing her again since last week. :cap_win:

Her stats haven't changed since the last iteration in summer - so I hope she will get buffed (or adapted) and released, as I quite enjoy playing her.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,502 posts
14,130 battles

A perplexing addition to the game, trying to add a carrier premium with the type in huge flux, why choosing Indomitable (far from the most famous). 

For the same modeling effort I could name a dozen ships with what I'd expect to be greater appeal and easier in-game implementation.

[P-V-E]
Members
1,449 posts

if they are struggling to find something for her to be good at while at the same time being a bit unique, why not make her tier VII with a mix of tier VI and tier VIII aircraft .

you then have a CV for tier VII PvE operations, and something that sits in the MM at an odd position relative to other CV.

if you gave her tier VI and tier VIII versions of Attack aircraft, Torpedo bombers and Bombers and set the cumulative tier of selected aircraft "<=20" (VI + VI + VIII), it would force people to pick one aircraft type at tier VIII and the remainder would be tier VI, while air groups comprised of tier VI aircraft could larger in size than tier VIII air groups.  

0 posts
36 minutes ago, mofton said:

A perplexing addition to the game, trying to add a carrier premium with the type in huge flux, why choosing Indomitable (far from the most famous). 

For the same modeling effort I could name a dozen ships with what I'd expect to be greater appeal and easier in-game implementation.

the cv rework has calmed down considerably since last Summer, so devs are presumably satisfied with CV balance at tier 8, if they are getting ready to release Indomitable. 

Just one thing, CV gameplay is about the air squadrons, not the CV hull. (of course, the premium shop relies on people wanting a shiny new ship model). If unchanged since previous ST iterations, Indomitable will NOT have torpedo bombers, and will be reliant on Sea Hornet level bombers and attack fighters. That at least will set this CVs gameplay apart, forced to hop and skip rather than run, like a one legged sailor/

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,081 posts
5,759 battles
29 minutes ago, mofton said:

Hasn't really been in flux really for last 2-3 patches?    WG publicly saying now they are "happy" with where they are.  Testing away  to find a way to get them in CBs best I can tell. Ark Royal dropped 2 patches ago?     Only flux with CVs currently is here inside this CV fan club echo chamber.    Forum base is still convinced that if they type the same stuff enough they can get them removed.     Entertaining to watch.   

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF8]
Members
6,865 posts
5,977 battles
30 minutes ago, b101uk said:

if they are struggling to find something for her to be good at while at the same time being a bit unique, why not make her tier VII with a mix of tier VI and tier VIII aircraft .

you then have a CV for tier VII PvE operations, and something that sits in the MM at an odd position relative to other CV.

WG got rid of the odd tiers for CV's with the rework, and AFAIK, the odd tiers for the CV's aren't coming back... ever. So I doubt your idea will float.

[P-V-E]
Members
1,449 posts
18 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

WG got rid of the odd tiers for CV's with the rework, and AFAIK, the odd tiers for the CV's aren't coming back... ever. So I doubt your idea will float.

they haven't categorically said that odd tires at some point wont be coming back, in fact it was heavily implied something would be done with odd tiers once they were totally happy with the first part of the rework, given it is easer to initially balance fewer CV's, and really unless you are a CV hater, there is most definitely a place in WoWs for some oddball CV at tier VII.

and need I remind you that submarines were never coming to WoWs either, and well odd tier CV could have some ASW use too ;)

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,849 posts
11,282 battles
3 hours ago, Femennenly said:

At this time she will likely be seen again in testing soon with her release in the future if all goes well.

Could we actually get AA and the rest of it fixed before adding yet another premium carrier to the mess that exists considering just when it comes to AA low tier AA is still woefully inadequate - which is helping add to the constant whining about 3 CV games, which is caused by the fact several high tier ships on their own are OP AA wise let alone 2 together becoming nigh untouchable, balance within tiers, let alone between them, is still screwed causing massive issues with +/- 2 MM in both directions - especially when playing something like Ark Royal, and the cherry on top that is ships like Neptune and Minotaur STILL have a cloaking device that they aren't spotted till they start shooting at you in open water, let alone in smoke.

And that still leaves -

• ordnance damage
  • spotting
  • playability (as in player comfort and ease for newer players to pick it up)
  • fighters/cat fighters
  • skill gap, again, though it ties to playability a bit because most of the things that increased it also hurt playability (like aim in times)
  • auto pilot is still in need of a ton of work
  • lack of real variety between ships (too many have same plane count, a frustrating lack of options when playing a CV because you have to take certain skills, you have to take certain modernizations, and there are almost no optional modules to make up for it)

And that's without annoying/petty things like visual glitches that haven't been fixed since the fracking beta on these thing more than a year ago now, a couple historical details, such as how the Spitfire carries it's rockets, and historical accuracy in general that is lacking in multiple areas and not because it has to for game play requirements, balance, etc. 

[DUD]
Members
664 posts
2,423 battles

I saw that CV yesterday in my match but was so confused as I have never seen it.  Was it a ship previously available, then taken away or is it a test ship?

[WOLF8]
Members
6,865 posts
5,977 battles
5 hours ago, b101uk said:

they haven't categorically said that odd tires at some point wont be coming back, in fact it was heavily implied something would be done with odd tiers once they were totally happy with the first part of the rework, given it is easer to initially balance fewer CV's, and really unless you are a CV hater, there is most definitely a place in WoWs for some oddball CV at tier VII.

and need I remind you that submarines were never coming to WoWs either, and well odd tier CV could have some ASW use too ;)

IIRC, WG once mentioned that the lost odd tier CV's would return as even tier CV's, if they ever make a come back at all.

Edited by Blorgh2017