Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kestrel_Falcon

Where's is a Premium Tier 10 CV???

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

169
[-TNT-]
Members
788 posts
13,271 battles

Okay, WG has been busy making every tier 10 ship class type. The question I have is, where's the premium Tier 10 CV?????

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
473
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,767 posts
3,958 battles
9 minutes ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Okay WG has been busy making every tier 10 ship class type. The question I have is, where's the premium Tier 10 CV?????

Hell no have you seen CV’s lately they still have a ways to go. I refunded all of premium cv’s earlier in the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,570
[SALVO]
Members
22,364 posts
22,775 battles
16 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

In due time we will probably see one, I'd say its likely we will one day see Shinano as possible coal ship.

If we do see the Shinano as a premium/reward tier 9/10 CV, it'll have to be a bit fictionalized, since the historical version was more of a supply CV.  But we all know that that's not really a major impediment for WG.

Honestly though, I don't really expect to see any premium/reward tier 9 or 10 CVs any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
375
[CHASE]
Members
512 posts
19,822 battles
38 minutes ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Okay WG has been busy making every tier 10 ship class type. The question I have is, where's the premium Tier 10 CV?????

Can we wait until CVs are not absurdly broken as a class?

ie, never

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
169
[-TNT-]
Members
788 posts
13,271 battles

CV's are not broken! I just asked my Cleveland.....She said hell no!  I am good.  Remember to stay with a group and wiggle my fat A@@ too!   Seriously,  I sunk a Colorado who was solo'n it using my GZ.  He never maneuvered to avoid my airstrikes.  I bet he's thinking, "Man that GZ is OP CV".   

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
169
[-TNT-]
Members
788 posts
13,271 battles

Going to start checking the ones that say NO are CV players who have tier 10 CVs. Unless you play all ship types you shouldn't be spouting "no".  So Don't be that guy!!! okay!!

Shame.png

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,422
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
2,111 posts
19,694 battles

While not Tier 10, perhaps Indomitable will show up as a coal or steel ship.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
207 posts
5,679 battles

Have to agree. Cv aren’t broken, annoying, make you play different? Sure. Broken, nope. WG can you release subs so people have something new to complain about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,205
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,367 posts
9,729 battles

id only want the Shinano, but thats only so that a 3 man div of all 3 Yamato class sisters that were built would be a thing you could see, just for the memes, but as people have said, not until CVs are balanced, and given WG's track record with them both before AND after the rework, i wouldnt hold my breath on that, its basically a well known thing about WG, they have no idea how to balance CVs, and as ive said, thats just what happens when you bring in the ship type that made the other 3 in the game either obsolete or restricted them to being escorts for it

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,094
[WOLF5]
Members
2,702 posts
3,112 battles

Yeah, what do people hate more than OP T10 premiums? Oh yeah, CVs. I know! Let’s combine the two, everyone will love that!

 

 

Yeah not even WG is that dumb.

Also T10 CVs wouldn’t sell as well as other ship types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
537
[HC]
Beta Testers
2,201 posts
11,379 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

If we do see the Shinano as a premium/reward tier 9/10 CV, it'll have to be a bit fictionalized, since the historical version was more of a supply CV.  But we all know that that's not really a major impediment for WG.

Honestly though, I don't really expect to see any premium/reward tier 9 or 10 CVs any time soon.

Back in the RTS days, it would have taken a fictional airwing, her hanger was absolutely massive. If it's not half full of spare parts, there is plenty of room for just under 100 aircraft or so.

With the rework CV's, it's less a problem, 3 squadrons of 12 planes each, with maybe a total of 42 on the deck, and a stupid fast regen. Probably give her tier 8 aircraft.

The only real problem with Shinano, is her AA armament (25mm's and 5"/40's), and her speed (only 27 to 28 knots). 

Who knows, they might put her in when/if they add the old odd tier CV's back, to help with the weird tiering issues (Hiryu shouldn't be tier 8 with Shokaku, Taiho really isn't tier 10 material, ect...)

Edited by SgtBeltfed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
169
[-TNT-]
Members
788 posts
13,271 battles

I agree IJN Shinano (tier 10) would make a great addition to my IJN premium line.  Instead of the usual 3-plane (AP Bombers, Torp Bombers, Attack Aircraft) loadout, she would have a 4- plane loadout of AP Bombers, HE Bombers, Torp Bombers, Attack Aircraft.  WG would have to balance this of course.  One ideal is a smaller amount of aircraft per squadron or slower aircraft generation per minute.  

IJN Shinano.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,570
[SALVO]
Members
22,364 posts
22,775 battles

Not that I feel that tier 9/10 premium/reward CVs are likely in the near future, but the Shinano does seem like an excellent candidate.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
169
[-TNT-]
Members
788 posts
13,271 battles
19 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Hell no have you seen CV’s lately they still have a ways to go. I refunded all of premium cv’s earlier in the year.

Sir, with only 58 matches using various Carriers you didn't refine your skills nor understanding how to maximize a strike.  Now I am not saying that I am an Uber player. I am far from it, Sir. I've sought out knowledge, by watching endless hours of youtube videos by "Toptier".  Seems to me he isn't having problems playing with carriers.  Yet you reply "no" with only 55 matches using various tiers of CVs? So you would deny us who are not having the difficulties you had a premium tier 10 CV? It seems to be selfish of you to suggest that, Sir. 

 

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
473
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,767 posts
3,958 battles
2 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Sir, with only 58 matches using various Carriers you didn't refine your skills nor understanding how to maximize a strike.  Now I am not saying that I am an Uber player. I am far from it, Sir. I've sought out knowledge, by watching endless hours of youtube videos by "Toptier".  Seems to me he isn't having problems playing with carriers.  Yet you reply "no" with only 55 matches using various tiers of CVs? So you would deny us who are not having the difficulties you had a premium tier 10 CV? It seems to be selfish of you to suggest that, Sir. 

 

I remember how cv’s were and how overpowered they were. I know that they are not as op as before, but let’s finish the balancing process first for the carriers and then we can talk tier 10 premium cv’s. Of course I like some aircraft carriers, but they need to balanced first. I have proposed Shinano as a premium cv in the past for instance. Right now it is too early to be discussing tier 10 cv’s. I understand you want this and that is fine, but I am not supportive of a tier 10 premium cv knowing these two things.

1. It will be limited to a currency ie Research bureau points or coal or steel

2. Lower tier players may not like being sunk by A premium tier 10 cv that only the few players at the top have. 

3. Wargaming’s prior practice of making premium ships overpowered case in point Graf Zepplin, Kaga, Saipan,  and Enterprize.

4. Few people enjoyed being sunk by Sky Cancer and some of those feelings are still raw. Meaning that it would not sit well with some in the player base and could cause people to quit over this. 

5. We are still in a balancing phase of carriers that takes precedent over new premium carrier releases as can be seen with the new British air craft carrier that is still stuck in development. 

6. We need to consider the needs of the many and not the needs of the few. The majority of players are not behind this only a minority is. 

7. Premium tier 10 CV should happen when carriers are balanced and not unbalanced. This is up to the developers to decide this ultimately. 

8. I am in favor of a tier 10 premium cv when the carrier class is balanced if it is specifically priced in Coal and not steel or research bureau points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
169
[-TNT-]
Members
788 posts
13,271 battles
13 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

I remember how cv’s were and how overpowered they were. I know that they are not as op as before, but let’s finish the balancing process first for the carriers and then we can talk tier 10 premium cv’s. Of course I like some aircraft carriers, but they need to balanced first. I have proposed Shinano as a premium cv in the past for instance. Right now it is too early to be discussing tier 10 cv’s. I understand you want this and that is fine, but I am not supportive of a tier 10 premium cv knowing these two things.

1. It will be limited to a currency ie Research bureau points or coal or steel

2. Lower tier players may not like being sunk by A premium tier 10 cv that only the few players at the top have. 

3. Wargaming’s prior practice of making premium ships overpowered case in point Graf Zepplin, Kaga, Saipan,  and Enterprize.

4. Few people enjoyed being sunk by Sky Cancer and some of those feelings are still raw. Meaning that it would not sit well with some in the player base and could cause people to quit over this. 

5. We are still in a balancing phase of carriers that takes precedent over new premium carrier releases as can be seen with the new British air craft carrier that is still stuck in development. 

6. We need to consider the needs of the many and not the needs of the few. The majority of players are not behind this only a minority is. 

7. Premium tier 10 CV should happen when carriers are balanced and not unbalanced. This is up to the developers to decide this ultimately. 

8. I am in favor of a tier 10 premium cv when the carrier class is balanced if it is specifically priced in Coal and not steel or research bureau points.

Dude few enjoy being destroyed by arty in WoT.  They have to just live with it.  WG has nerfed my arty to spitwads shells. WOWs have taken the dominance that CVs enjoyed away. 

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
473
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,767 posts
3,958 battles
7 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Dude few enjoy being destroyed by arty in WoT.  They have to just live with it.  WG has nerfed my arty to spitwads shells. WOWs have taken the dominance that CVs enjoyed away. 

Yes they have greatly nerfed carriers perhaps a tier 10 would be fine if it was balanced. I don’t play world of tanks much these days due to arty and slower progression than world of warships. Well I drew graf zepplin b ironically so I will practice in coop for awhile and it doesn’t seem overpowering at the moment.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
169
[-TNT-]
Members
788 posts
13,271 battles
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

Yes they have greatly nerfed carriers perhaps a tier 10 would be fine if it was balanced. I don’t play world of tanks much these days due to arty and slower progression than world of warships. Well I drew graf zepplin b ironically so I will practice in coop for awhile and it doesn’t seem overpowering at the moment.

 

 

 

Dude, you should watch "Toptier" on Youtube.  He has a crazy secondary build with IFHE on the Graf Zeppelin.  He explains why and how to use CVs.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,291
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,889 posts
5,750 battles

I, personally, do not want a premium Shinano. Oh I have no doubt that she would work, I have no doubt that I would get her, and I have no doubt that she would sell well. I don't want a premium Shinano for the same reason that I didn't want premium Ark Royal: I want Shinano in a tech tree line, and with Akagi at that. There are still plenty of IJN ships that could be premiums, heck maybe you could work Zuikaku or an alternate Hakuryu scheme into a coal or steel tier 10 premium, but I don't like lines being thrown away for premiums.

Japan has enough carriers of enough sizes to get THREE full lines plus multiple tier 8 premiums with only a single paper ship in the mix, and that ship is Hakuryu! Shinano would be the perfect cap to an IJN line of converted CVs in the same vein as Kaga. That's my stance, and I'm sticking to my guns on this one.

Outside of that? Let's get semi-refit Essex class as a tier 10 premium. Or maybe a Lion conversion. Or the initial "waist catapult" design plan for Forrestall. Those would be cool, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×