You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
StormSurgeAlpha

Remove the Birds from Ambient Sounds

22 comments in this topic

Members
97 posts
19,653 battles

I like this game and I've been playing it for over 4 years now. There have been a lot of game improvements, a lot of changes and tweaks, and overall WG is doing a great job with all of it. But these bird sounds don't add to a naval conflict at all. They are annoying and therefore distracting when they're heard throughout the entirety of a match. Worse yet, they're mixed in with all ambient sounds so if you want to mute them you have to mute the wind and sea sounds as well. So, if WG thinks they can do no wrong and every addition they make can't be rescinded, then separate bird sounds out of ambient sounds and place it into it's own volume slider. Better yet, silence the birds as soon as the gun-firing starts early in the match.

What's absurd about it is that no matter where you are on the map, you hear birds, regardless of your proximity to land. You don't see them - and, no, I don't want to see them - but you always hear them, no matter how heated the battle gets. Chirp chirp chirp.... chirp chirp chirp...  *(12) 406mm guns fire*  ...chirp chirp chirp... chirp chirp chirp.

But, if WG continues to think these constant bird sounds are appropriate, why not fill out the whole safari experience with other animal sounds. There's got to be some chimps, elephants, and lions on those islands we're sailing around all the time.

Here are some more animal sounds to consider

I'm sure they won't shut up during a naval battle either.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles

Agreed. It's goofy. I hear them from a few KM out while in a aircraft.

Edited by _Caliph_

[UNHLY]
Wiki Editor
5,733 posts
15,646 battles
16 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

How is this for stupid, they fly with your planes as well :Smile_amazed:

And in the case of Shokaku, they actually could be your planes

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[INRI]
Members
1 post
1,629 battles

I would appreciate bird sounds ONLY if the US carriers could send Bald Eagles swooping down on enemy ships. 

• Funny 3

[WOLFD]
Members
3,869 posts
4,984 battles
19 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

WG birds 2 fast plz nerf!

just wait til they get rocket strikes in the next Halloween mode.

Members
2,389 posts
35,495 battles

I like the bird sounds.  We also need dolphins and whales snorfling around.  Maybe a Kraken just for fun.  A Squatchy peering around a tree.

And different bird sounds for the bird watchers among us.  There's got to be at least one.  And no, that chicken on your plate doesn't count! 

[RLGN]
Members
17,299 posts
31,011 battles
57 minutes ago, Harathan said:

WG birds 2 fast plz nerf!

just wait til they get rocket strikes in the next Halloween mode.

I’ve always said those destroyers with 2-3 hp left need to watch out for slicing seagulls, as well as damage control sailors tripping and dropping tools.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

Just turn off ambient sounds ... and the birds are gone ... that's what I did and the only other sound I don't seem to hear is weather.  

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
17,493 posts
2 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

In WOWS all planes are open-cockpit gliders it seems because I can fly at 15,000 feet behind a 2300 horsepower radial engine and hear only bird calls and the gentle lapping of waves.

• Funny 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
17,493 posts

1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

We also need dolphins and whales snorfling around.  Maybe a Kraken just for fun.  

What we need are buttsharks and dicksquids.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,747 posts
27,747 battles
6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

What we need are buttsharks and dicksquids.

Based on a true story....

• Funny 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,647 posts
16,644 battles

The amount of detail in general given to the land is interesting.  For example, some towns have cars and trucks driving around.  Find it odd in a sea game but whatever.

[LOU1]
Members
4,284 posts
13,239 battles

For what its worth, seagulls are frequently around ships, looking for scraps.  I have never been out boating without having seagulls around, except on an Alaska cruise in bad weather.

Members
1,341 posts
7,613 battles
9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

In WOWS all planes are open-cockpit gliders it seems because I can fly at 15,000 feet behind a 2300 horsepower radial engine and hear only bird calls and the gentle lapping of waves.

We are not inside the cockpit but inside a super silent high speed drone... Then we should hear the engines of all planes together. Not sure anyone has been able to record that sound as still today those drones do not exist!