Sign in to follow this  
Nikoolix

How to find all textures used for different parts of the ship?

5 comments in this topic

[CHASE]
Modder
139 posts
5,094 battles

So lets say I want to modify my Yamato texture, it's pretty easy finding the "Yamato hull" & "Yamato deckhouse" textures. But for all the small parts like directors and searchlights etc, how do I find exactly which of these parts are used on a specific ship? I know many small parts are shared between different ships but regardless, I want to know which ones. Any help appreciated. :Smile_honoring:

[TF16A]
Modder
691 posts
864 battles

You'll have to unpack some of the Japanese textures.

• catapult
  • director
  • finder
  • gun
    • main
    • secondary

Maybe "Misc" too but I'm not certain. That's the easy part, now you have to dig through the files to find what's actually on the Yamato. I've never worked on the ship before but perhaps someone else has and can tell you what textures are found on the ship.

• Cool 1

[AMWKS]
Members
340 posts
4,403 battles

@Nikoolix the mods SDK toolkit will compile the boat and include those textures.  The only issue remaining is the 'misc' category.  They are not included in the compiler, so what I usually do is just paint every texture in that category and include it in my skin packs.

Another side note:  There's an issue with the kit where it is currently NOT compiling the aircraft directory.  The devs are aware of it and set our expectations, saying it would take some time to fix.  But at least it takes the guesswork out of finding the radar, directors, finders, and armament textures.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this