Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rpgotaku

Welcome to tier 10 CV

9 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
1,276 battles

So i just bought midway, and since i am not rich i am still in the middle of upgrading it, but tier 10 as a cv seems like a joke.  Even if i find a solo ship, DD to BB, there is a chance they will wipe out my entire wing before it drops.  Now as a tier 8 in lexington I thought i was good with plane management and i would have no issue near the end to put up a flight,  As midway i can't launch the flight it want 5 to 7 min in.  Even if i just try to scout for the first few min they get knocked out 1 or 2 at a time with only a few seconds of AA fire.   Now i am sure some of this is just growing pains, but i am not sure if i just wont abandon it since it seems pointless.  

Edited by rpgotaku
  • Boring 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,839 posts
18,625 battles

I am a mediocre CV player and struggled at T10.  Personally, Audacious is the only one of the three I can make work. 

Members
38 posts
1,276 battles
43 minutes ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

If you want it easy you might wanna go back to T4

Amazing, why so hostile? Maybe i should just shut up and play some russian ships huh?  Not like CV players should try to have fun.  If i make a mistake in a CV i expect to get punished,  If i fly into 2 or 3 tier 10 ships i expect they will die.  If i see a solo ship in open water i expect i will get out at least 1 attack except for aif fighter guarding it.  I should not lose an entire wing of planes with no mistake made, or maybe i should just leave the match if i see no japanese ships on the other side.  

There is way to many no fly zones in this game for CVs to be fun, and in tier 10 it just ramps it up.  Maybe you don't respect my view since i have only been playing for a few months, but top tier should be abit more inviting instead of just a brick wall.  

• Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,958 posts
1 hour ago, rpgotaku said:

Amazing, why so hostile? Maybe i should just shut up and play some russian ships huh?  Not like CV players should try to have fun.  If i make a mistake in a CV i expect to get punished,  If i fly into 2 or 3 tier 10 ships i expect they will die.  If i see a solo ship in open water i expect i will get out at least 1 attack except for aif fighter guarding it.  I should not lose an entire wing of planes with no mistake made, or maybe i should just leave the match if i see no japanese ships on the other side.  

There is way to many no fly zones in this game for CVs to be fun, and in tier 10 it just ramps it up.  Maybe you don't respect my view since i have only been playing for a few months, but top tier should be abit more inviting instead of just a brick wall.  

Stop playing the pariah boats and you will not have this problem.

• Cool 1

Members
38 posts
1,276 battles
Just now, Doombeagle said:

Stop playing the pariah boats and you will not have this problem.

no thanks, they are there to be played so i will.  As long as they are in the game they should be just as viable as any other.  

• Boring 1

[DJL]
[DJL]
Members
140 posts
4,932 battles
1 hour ago, rpgotaku said:

Because he like many just hate cv's. T10 is crazy mode for cv's  my midway is a port queen if I do play t10 cv rarely I take the ijn or British cv. Far as US cv I would rather take a t8 enterprise or Lexington in your aircraft feel like TP anyway. Sadly midway is a rocket/bomber style both of which are easy to take out so it's not a user friendly ship.  If you want the most balanced AA to aircraft stick to tier 6. Tier 8 for hard mode. T10 is dark souls level of rip you a new rear. Best of luck to you. Before I forget don't let people get to you play what ship class you want always going to have someone b:etc_swear: about it and loose a karma or 2.

Edited by Athrun2021

[POP]
Members
507 posts
5,947 battles

Midway's big strengths used to be her rockets and dive bombers.  Recent buffs to torpedo plane damage may make them more viable however.  When using each plane type you need to know what you are attacking and choose the correct Ordinance,  angle of drop and correct timing of drop.  As with all other ship types T-10 gameplay brings greater risk along with potential for more damage.   Here are a few tips I have picked up along the way.

1) know your ships, which ones have high aa rating, def aa consumables and fighter planes.

2) know which ships are more susceptible to particular Ordinance.  Rockets are great for hitting faster more maneuvering ships like dd's and some cruisers however their alpha is pretty low for larger hp ships.  They are good for starting fires and knocking out aa mounts on larger ships.  

3) know the proper angle of attack based on Ordinance type.  For the midway you want perpendicular for torps and rockets,  parallel for bombs.

4) know the strengths and weaknesses of your planes. 

5) cycle the types of planes you use so you dont run out.

6) don't commit entire squadrons early on when you don't know where the big aa ships are.  Early match ships are grouped up with overlapping aa and they are hyper focused on you because you are the only one that can hurt them at the moment.   CV's do big damage later on  when ships are spread out, softened up and preoccupied.   You cant do damage if you are out of planes. 

7) find a good streamer and watch them.  Top tier is a good one on YouTube. 

Not claiming to be an expert by any means but these tips should help.

Members
38 posts
1,276 battles
32 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Midway's big strengths used to be her rockets and dive bombers.  Recent buffs to torpedo plane damage may make them more viable however.  When using each plane type you need to know what you are attacking and choose the correct Ordinance,  angle of drop and correct timing of drop.  As with all other ship types T-10 gameplay brings greater risk along with potential for more damage.   Here are a few tips I have picked up along the way.

1) know your ships, which ones have high aa rating, def aa consumables and fighter planes.

2) know which ships are more susceptible to particular Ordinance.  Rockets are great for hitting faster more maneuvering ships like dd's and some cruisers however their alpha is pretty low for larger hp ships.  They are good for starting fires and knocking out aa mounts on larger ships.  

3) know the proper angle of attack based on Ordinance type.  For the midway you want perpendicular for torps and rockets,  parallel for bombs.

4) know the strengths and weaknesses of your planes. 

5) cycle the types of planes you use so you dont run out.

6) don't commit entire squadrons early on when you don't know where the big aa ships are.  Early match ships are grouped up with overlapping aa and they are hyper focused on you because you are the only one that can hurt them at the moment.   CV's do big damage later on  when ships are spread out, softened up and preoccupied.   You cant do damage if you are out of planes. 

7) find a good streamer and watch them.  Top tier is a good one on YouTube. 

Not claiming to be an expert by any means but these tips should help.

Most of that i have learned up to this point, but learning tier 10 ships aa is something i need to do.  I just don't like how i am just flying around and as soon as  i spot a ship it turns on defensive fire and i lose 5 of 9 planes without me having a chance to react.  It seems like the no fly zone for me just gets bigger and bigger.  And i have to say youtubers don't make recent CV matches, they are all to old and don't have relavent data to watch.  

Sign in to follow this