You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
motaz87

italy needs help

12 comments in this topic

[NET]
Beta Testers
531 posts
5,327 battles

these cruisers are junk especially tiers 8-9. i'm stuck on brindisi. this turd of a ship needs adjustments asap. the reload is way to slow, sap is pretty useless unless shooting dds or full broadside cruisers. the smoke screen is way to short. i've been citadeled through the stern, and blown up trying to run from bbs because the concealment sucks more time than i care to admit. doesnt wg monitor ship performance?  havnt they noticed hardly anyone playing these garbage scowls? maybe i'm doing it wrong but i just dont what else to try.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,731 posts
19,740 battles

Played a clan battle other day.

Venezia absolutely crapped all over my Republique. 

It looks like the line is designed to cause you pain before you get the prize.

[NET]
Beta Testers
531 posts
5,327 battles

i am good at aiming, it what happens to me on the return fire. i feel the pain of driving a neptune or mino. i'm gonna stick it out as i want the tier 10 in my port badly but there will be many battles of cursing the brindisi.

Members
3,095 posts
12,120 battles
8 hours ago, motaz87 said:

i am good at aiming, it what happens to me on the return fire. i feel the pain of driving a neptune or mino. i'm gonna stick it out as i want the tier 10 in my port badly but there will be many battles of cursing the brindisi.

Brindisi is absolutely the best tech tree T9 cruiser that I have ever played.  You want to experience a really bad cruiser, go try Seattle.

[NET]
Beta Testers
531 posts
5,327 battles

how is it the best tech tree tier 9 cruiser in any way shape or form? please i am desperately looking for any constructive tips how to do well in this thing. 

Members
601 posts
5,469 battles

I thought Amalfi was ok, Brindisi quite good, and Venezia is a beast.  You really need strong WASD hax to survive long in Amalfi and Brindisi though.  With only 25mm plating, even 380mm armed BBs will citadel you from any angle.  Without knowing your captains build and how you are trying to play Brindisi though, it is difficult to diagnose where you are struggling.  My best guess is that you are trying to be too aggressive too early and getting focused by enemy BBs.  One of the things I learned very quickly with the Italians is that to be focused is to be dead.  I play them as ambushers or opportunists - look for broadside (or nearly so) enemies who are aiming elsewhere and hit them with SAP.  If they turn or look my way, I go dark.  If you are unspotted, start your turn away before you shoot and not after.  Abuse islands when and where you can to break LoS - it is hard with the flat trajectories, but it can be done.  Your smoke is a get out of jail free card, but you have to remember your smoke firing penalty is huge; sometimes trying to farm that little bit of extra damage while using smoke will just light you up for the whole world instead.  Bad juju.

Not sure what else to tell you really.  They are very unforgiving if you make a mistake, but can be beastly when played right.

Edit:  Flamu posted a Brindisi vid today: 

Edited by Uncle_Lou

[NET]
Beta Testers
531 posts
5,327 battles

thanks for the help. i will admit i kinda rushed through the line w/o a proper captain build, but now he is catching up to the tier. i built my brindi  cap (13pt atm) with concealment expert, superintendent, expert marksman, last stand, priority target, and preventative maintenance. for ship upgrades i'm running main arm mod 1, damage control mod 1, aiming system mod 1, steering gear mod 2,  concealment mod 1,  and gun fire control system 2. i built it for range, and accuracy as i feel the other mods may speed up reload, but the turrets turn slow as it is. the shells do fly fast so shooting at long range is doable. i dont find this ship to be a dpm type cruise but more like you said, a snipe, hot and run type ship. i'm gonna keep at it until i succeed.

[SOV]
Members
4,484 posts
On 12/2/2019 at 8:55 PM, motaz87 said:

how is it the best tech tree tier 9 cruiser in any way shape or form? please i am desperately looking for any constructive tips how to do well in this thing. 

I would agree just got here and its amazing.

Cant wait for the next one.

Edited by jags_domain

[NG-NL]
Members
220 posts
8,776 battles

Am I the only one who read the thread title and thought about coronavirus test kits?
Oh well. Off to practice making garbage scowls. What a splendid phrase!

[NET]
Beta Testers
531 posts
5,327 battles

lol, ya looking back i had no way to know. anyways the tier 10 is a powerful ship and enjoy her.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,045 posts
4,698 battles

I actually love the Italian cruisers. God knows MM keeps throwing me on terrible teams, but given the opportunity to have a good match, these things destroy. Their SAP hits like an absolute truck and is way more reliable than praying to RNGesus while aiming at waterline. Consistent 10-15k volleys on cruisers and BBs, and pretty much one-shotting DDs is a lot of fun. The smoke is a bit gimmicky, and I would probably rather have hydro, but it is what it is.