You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dmal

Something needs changing

6 comments in this topic

[90TH]
Members
44 posts
6,963 battles

I have tried my best to give this cv rework a fair chance. However, I have to say something needs to change. I don't play cvs, personally im just not a fan of their playstyle so I play cruisers, destroyers, and battleships. I have started to notice a similar problem as to before the rework. If you aren't given an attentive friendly cv, you are screwed if they have one that knows what they are doing. doesn't matter if its bottom tier. They can keep dds spotted. Wreck dds and cruisers with rocket planes. They don't care about AA whatsoever. Defensive fire is a joke. I took my kidd out recently, a well known destroyer for its AA abilities, and I was constantly harrased by a same tier cv taking out 4k chunks with rocket planes while my defensive fire was up and my AA directed in the correct direction.  AA cruisers feel like a joke because they don't have enough AA range to cover allies and they usually are rather squishy so they don't want to caught out in the open and they probably aren't going to pushing into caps. I don't even want to get started on BBs and trying to counter cvs.

Let me rather talk about changes that i think should be implemented to make life better for everyone. The first change i would make is putting a limited range on aircraft. I don't know about other people but i have been in many matches where the cv just sits in the back unspotted the whole match and they managed to win it because no one has seen them in the first place. They simply don't risk their ship. In pre-rework a cv had to be a bit mindful about their planes as they could all be shot down.  Now they have practically an infinite number of planes so you can't rely on deplaning them so they have nothing to really lose by losing a whole squadron except for a couple minute wait time while they bring out other planes.

They need to risk something and I think it should be their ship just like every other ship in the game. The second thing i would change would be to give defensive fire its dispersion capabilities back. This way it has some value to the team. Right now i would take any other consumable over defensive fire because it simply doesn't do much for me or my allies. Im curious as to what other people think of what i have written and if anyone has any other suggestions

Edited by Dmal
  • Boring 3

[SALVO]
Members
22,365 posts
22,775 battles
2 minutes ago, Dmal said:

I have tried my best to give this cv rework a fair chance. However, I have to say something needs to change. I don't play cvs, personally im just not a fan of their playstyle so I play cruisers, destroyers, and battleships. I have started to notice a similar problem as to before the rework. If you aren't given an attentive friendly cv, you are screwed if they have one that knows what they are doing. doesn't matter if its bottom tier. They can keep dds spotted. Wreck dds and cruisers with rocket planes. They don't care about AA whatsoever. Defensive fire is a joke. I took my kidd out recently, a well known destroyer for its AA abilities, and I was constantly harrased by a same tier cv taking out 4k chunks with rocket planes while my defensive fire was up and my AA directed in the correct direction.  AA cruisers feel like a joke because they don't have enough AA range to cover allies and they usually are rather squishy so they don't want to caught out in the open and they probably aren't going to pushing into caps. I don't even want to get started on BBs and trying to counter cvs. Let me rather talk about changes that i think should be implemented to make life better for everyone. The first change i would make is putting a limited range on aircraft. I don't know about other people but i have been in many matches where the cv just sits in the back unspotted the whole match and they managed to win it because no one has seen them in the first place. They simply don't risk their ship. In pre-rework a cv had to be a bit mindful about their planes as they could all be shot down.  Now they have practically an infinite number of planes so you can't rely on deplaning them so they have nothing to really lose by losing a whole squadron except for a couple minute wait time while they bring out other planes. They need to risk something and I think it should be their ship just like every other ship in the game. The second thing i would change would be to give defensive fire its dispersion capabilities back. This way it has some value to the team. Right now i would take any other consumable over defensive fire because it simply doesn't do much for me or my allies. Im curious as to what other people think of what i have written and if anyone has any other suggestions

Paragraphs are your friend.

• Angry 1

[90TH]
Members
44 posts
6,963 battles

I guess the overall theme about my rant on CVs is that I feel like there is no counter play that I can do as a single player

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,075 posts
12,336 battles
24 minutes ago, Dmal said:

I guess the overall theme about my rant on CVs is that I feel like there is no counter play that I can do as a single player

The counter play is to kill their planes which does vary with different ships.

[HINON]
Members
11,615 posts

Just using dfaa and sector on a Kidd isnt going to be an issue for a good CV player. You have to abuse your low detection with the aa off and use it at the right moment causing them to miss the initial pass. Then as they head out to turn for another pass. You turn it off to go dark and maneuver in such a way they have to guess where you are likely causing another miss. If you can also keep yourself near the flak range of a friendly ship you can often get them to hit some flak puffs.

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
10 posts
3,310 battles

And the problem with that is that as soon as a plane is chunked out, another one immediately takes its place without any action or care on the CV player's part. You only have two, three, four planes fire at a time, but you're facing the entire squadron. Ships like DDs simply can't defend themselves and are just relegated to being food.

• Cool 1