Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JustAnOldDude

Time to put and end to this sad joke CV rework

22 comments in this topic

Members
218 posts

I think the joke is over the CV rework is a very big waste of time and a complete disaster. Unrealistic AA and a bunch of other trash involved. Bring back RTS game play please to include all CV's like in Update O7.12 the last version with RTS play style to include odd tiered CV's!!!  Enough said ... for now.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 10

[STURM]
Members
554 posts
4,457 battles

People keep acting like the RTS CVs were some sort of perfect time, but people seem to forget that nine times out of ten, the two CV players were the only players that mattered. Every surface ship in the game might as well have gone AFK for all the influence they would have on the match.

• Cool 2

Members
889 posts
7,078 battles

why a disaster? CV are doing much better than middle 8 patches,  and we DD/CA/CL are suffering as usual. I know, I'm not driving CV...

[RLGN]
Members
11,664 posts
20,643 battles
8 minutes ago, loco_max said:

why a disaster? CV are doing much better than middle 8 patches,  and we DD/CA/CL are suffering as usual. I know, I'm not driving CV...

Because despite its faults, RTS was settled mechanics and worked. Almost everything they did to reduce the influence of carriers on games could have been done within it...

TWO BLOODY YEARS AGO. (2017... the ‘Year of the Carrier.’)

Instead; WG decided to reinvent the wheel, somehow convinced themselves everyone would like it, despite the feedback of the beta testers, went ahead anyway and made a pretty poor job of it, and now don’t seem to know what to do, except distract everyone with something they’ll likely hate more.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4

[DENY]
Members
834 posts
9,847 battles
19 minutes ago, loco_max said:

Well maybe you should try , there no fun losing a full squad of plane for a miserable 3-5k dmg at best since that squad will take over 10min to regenerate . CV damage is  pretty bad compare to some bb and cruiser , 

Members
889 posts
7,078 battles
26 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Well maybe you should try , there no fun losing a full squad of plane for a miserable 3-5k dmg at best since that squad will take over 10min to regenerate . CV damage is  pretty bad compare to some bb and cruiser , 

I understand your point, but air assaults on DDs are so much more lethal lately, anyway, I'll try.

[RKLES]
Members
10,207 posts
11,922 battles
5 minutes ago, loco_max said:

I understand your point, but air assaults on DDs are so much more lethal lately, anyway, I'll try.

Yeah the one thing CVs are experts at doing is being absolute menace to DDs, larger ships CVs typically just harass by setting fires, floods, rudder and engine damage.

• Cool 1

Members
889 posts
7,078 battles
35 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Instead; WG decided to reinvent the wheel, somehow convinced themselves everyone would like it, despite the feedback of the beta testers, went ahead anyway and made a pretty poor job of it, and now don’t seem to know what to do, except distract everyone with something they’ll likely hate more.

may be but you should accept that before 8.0 there were fewer CV in battles...and that changed. What this means? You should ask the Dev if they consider the CV rework done. My impression that they are always tweaking it. Now, on some DDs and cruisers (VMF & IJN), air assaults are very annoying, believe me and I do not remember that this situation was that bad (for us). before 8.0. 

[WORX]
Members
5,792 posts
15,746 battles
58 minutes ago, dad003 said:

This goes back to @Estimated_Prophet point.... The rework mechanics are just bad compared to RTS CVs...

Now that is not saying RTS CVs didn't  have any issues, but my god I would go back to RTS CVs in a heartbeat to save the game overall.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[90TH]
Members
44 posts
6,963 battles

You know i think i have to agree with OP as not even defensive fire will work against a cv. Also before a cv could actually support the team now the most a cv can do is drop fighters and hope it kills whatever squadron is nearby.

[SALVO]
Members
22,364 posts
22,775 battles
34 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

This goes back to @Estimated_Prophet point.... The rework mechanics are just bad compared to RTS CVs...

Now that is not saying RTS CVs didn't  have any issues, but my god I would go back to RTS CVs in a heartbeat to save the game overall.

I can't agree at all.  IMO, the entire concept of RTS is crap.  And beyond that, RTS CVs were crap.

• Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,871 posts
11,114 battles
1 hour ago, JustAnOldDude said:

I think the joke is over the CV rework is a very big waste of time and a complete disaster. Unrealistic AA and a bunch of other trash involved. Bring back RTS game play please to include all CV's like in Update O7.12 the last version with RTS play style to include odd tiered CV's!!!  Enough said ... for now.

RTS is a memory, better or worse, it's not coming back. "The rework" by and large is here to stay. I'm sure a fortune in time and money was put into it so it's not going anywhere. It may continually be adjusted with the advent of new ships introduced to the game that completely changes CV parameters but, it's not going away in the foreseeable future.

I enjoyed CV's in the pre 8.0 rework. Only played up to the T5  and occasional ventures into T6 where fighter strafing became a thing. Took awhile but finally learned the post 8.0 play style. It's different than rts for sure. One difference is doing away with the fighter strafing it allows me to play higher tier CV's.

[RLGN]
Members
11,664 posts
20,643 battles
1 hour ago, loco_max said:

may be but you should accept that before 8.0 there were fewer CV in battles...and that changed. What this means? You should ask the Dev if they consider the CV rework done. My impression that they are always tweaking it. Now, on some DDs and cruisers (VMF & IJN), air assaults are very annoying, believe me and I do not remember that this situation was that bad (for us). before 8.0. 

If there were fewer CVs, it was because of the oppressive influence of Strafe mechanics. You met someone with boss twitch skill, you were hosed. Pretty much why I stopped playing carriers in Randoms, and just played them in Co-op and Ops.

Get rid of Strafe, and on the ship survival side, point-blank manual murder drops, and you’ve made two big steps towards lessening the influence of carriers without changing the basic mechanics. Add in spotting and damages changes, perhaps AA changes as well, and this probably would have been done and gotten over with in 2017, 2018 at the latest.

Members
889 posts
7,078 battles
37 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Strafe mechanics

what's that?

Members
218 posts

Oh I am not realistically expecting the DEV team to listen to me. But please back down the AA somewhat. Give the bombers a chance to actually do some damage. Not finish last or near last on the stats screen.

In the RTS mode of play you had fighters. In tier 6 and above you could hold down ALT key and create a kind of kill zone that enemy plane wondered into your fighters

would just shred the enemy planes. Was hard to master but one you got used to it. My god enemy planes didn't stand a chance.

Hope I explained that right EP.

Edited by JustAnOldDude

[RLGN]
Members
11,664 posts
20,643 battles
2 minutes ago, loco_max said:

what's that?

Click to win in the old RTS. Not terribly difficult to do, but hard to do well.

If someone with good twitch skills met someone who kept their bombers close together, they could send a fighter squad or two, and in 5-10 seconds Strafe that blob of planes and anhiliate them. 2-4 or 6 squads, wiped out in seconds.

Members
889 posts
7,078 battles
56 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Click to win in the old RTS. Not terribly difficult to do, but hard to do well.

If someone with good twitch skills met someone who kept their bombers close together, they could send a fighter squad or two, and in 5-10 seconds Strafe that blob of planes and anhiliate them. 2-4 or 6 squads, wiped out in seconds.

Gotcha

Members
2,338 posts
4,060 battles
On 11/30/2019 at 4:32 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

If there were fewer CVs, it was because of the oppressive influence of Strafe mechanics. You met someone with boss twitch skill, you were hosed. Pretty much why I stopped playing carriers in Randoms, and just played them in Co-op and Ops.

Get rid of Strafe, and on the ship survival side, point-blank manual murder drops, and you’ve made two big steps towards lessening the influence of carriers without changing the basic mechanics. Add in spotting and damages changes, perhaps AA changes as well, and this probably would have been done and gotten over with in 2017, 2018 at the latest.

We fought for that forever.  Fought to get strafe removed because it unbalanced CV versus CV so badly,  fought to remove or reduce the drop distance of manual drops.  They SHOULD have experimented with those two things before moving on to the rework but...well.  Here we are.

• Cool 1

[DKR]
[DKR]
Members
34 posts
2,719 battles

rework is a reality, no point in debating how to fix old RTS.

I think the current state is somehow balanced for US CVs, not so much for Japan ones which are still too weak airplanes, but not that much broken since you get similar overall damage from both ships. Haven't tried UK yet. The main advantage for CVs is that most of the real counter it can face would be related to fleet tactics that are very rare in random battles. but every once in a while you face a 3 ship division which goes in a pack of ships making 3x improved AA. in Those cases things get really frustrating for CV

Sign in to follow this