You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LadyAnesjka

What Am I doing wrong ?

6 comments in this topic

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
1,112 posts
8,438 battles

I have no kapatane above 10 for njemačka - germany .....  So here is all what I have on Graf B --- why am I not do good damage ?

image.png.a45749992c0e30fe39994df1ead397eb.png

image.thumb.png.9008d1b7bcdd9f5f14d9c5688c693c8e.png

image.thumb.png.05032e3be0ae040501547e7de43b2280.png

image.thumb.png.0687e5f2c498048674ddbb87654a1337.png

Have get lucky to be carry by my teams, but I do not know what I am doing wrong, is it because kapatane 10 point ?

[SOFOP]
Members
1,435 posts
9,601 battles

I can't say I know much about GZ, but the captain skills are minor on CVs really.  They help, sure, but not as much as captain skills for other ships.

No offense, but the problem I see is...you aren't hitting anything.  8 rocket hits in a game is very low, as is 3 torps and 4 bombs.  You can't damage stuff if you aren't hitting it often.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,871 posts
11,114 battles

The CV rework of 8.0 turned the CV's, namely the higher tier CV's into damage farming machines. The alpha strike capability was removed but they could farm easily over 200K damage. Some was over 300K damage. So to balance it out they were all nerfed. AA was strengthened, damage per torpedos and bombs was reduced. It has been adjusted both ways since. However the average game for a CV is under 100K for average users. A really good game may get over 100K. This is for the higher tier CV'S. Mid tier CV's, a good game would be 60K-70K? Give or take. 

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,201 posts
11,379 battles

On my Graf Zeppelin, this is what I run:

Captains Skills:

Air Supremacy, Improved Engine Boost, Last Gasp (least useful skill, had a point left over)

Improved Engines

Survivability Expert,  Aircraft Armor

Sight Stabilization (Mostly helps with rocket planes against DD's),  Concealment Expert (Makes it a little easier to move around the map)

Upgrades:

Air Groups Mod 1,

Aircraft Engines Mod 1,

Attack Aircraft Mod 1, (makes them more useful against DD's)

Torpedo Bombers Mod 2, 

Flight Control Mod 1

My main weapons are my torpedo bombers, and I do reasonably well when uptiered, rarely running low on aircraft. All the aircraft speed and durability is good for keeping the aircraft alive in tier 10 games, and lets me get fairly aggressive when your top tier.

No real need for BFT and AFT on a CV, your AA is good enough, and if you need to, you can drop fighters for additional protection yourself.

You shouldn't spec into secondary batteries, Graf Zeppelin doesn't really have the armor for real secondary brawling, and if you put yourself in a position to use them, you'll end up with the short end of the stick more often or not. That said, if you should happen to get into a secondary brawl with say, an enemy CV, have fun and live it up. Most I ever do is equip a secondary flag.

On Torpedo Acceleration, I find it to be almost completely useless for air dropped torpedoes. The arming distance of torpedoes is based on time in water, not distance traveled. So, if you're dropping on a target from the side, the target has the exact same reaction time. The only time it helps is if you're dropping from astern, you can catch more ships, and it really hurts when dropping head on, where you now have to drop further away. In all cases, TA will force you to drop a bit further back, and give the torps a little more distance to spread out. You want to drop on broadside targets, so don't waste points on something you don't want to be doing. Without it, it's easier to drop between islands or wrecks and ships, been accused of cheating by torping through islands, when it's really just a tight fit to get the torps in there.

• Cool 1

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
1,112 posts
8,438 battles
2 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I can't say I know much about GZ, but the captain skills are minor on CVs really.  They help, sure, but not as much as captain skills for other ships.

No offense, but the problem I see is...you aren't hitting anything.  8 rocket hits in a game is very low, as is 3 torps and 4 bombs.  You can't damage stuff if you aren't hitting it often.

Is hard against t9 AA like Seattle and Baltimore and ship like this...

In both game I lose so many plane I start to run out.

[TF16B]
Modder
426 posts
607 battles

Yeah, some ships you can't really get close to. What I do when I run into a ship like that is either avoid it completely or launch my fish from a distance and just try to spam them. Hopefully you're team is also trying to hit them with their guns and with all the maneuvers that the red ship will be doing to avoid your fish, it may give your team a few good strikes in if the ship exposes it's broadside to them.

As noted above, a secondaries build is very situational for the GZ. I run one on mine and I don't use it often although I do like having the option of doing so. Even without the pennant, I think I get about 9km range on the secondaries. It will be interesting to see how the new, unreleased, German captain will fare on a CV.