Capt_Ahab1776

A little pre Thanksgiving Van Halen

13 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,347 posts
12,121 battles

Van Halen was one of my most favorite bands when I was a teenager. I still love it.  This song I have danced holding my grand daughter. I am planning on teaching her the lyrics so we can sing it to each other while we dance lol.  It's nice having fun :crab::cat_cool:

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,347 posts
12,121 battles
56 minutes ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

Relatively safe and poppy version of VH.

It'll get a lot more interesting when you teach her the lyrics to Mean Streets/Hot for Teacher/Running With the Devil :Smile_ohmy:

I'm familiar with those too. Nah, keep her safe with "Dance the night away":Smile_teethhappy:

I watched a interview with David Lee Roth and he said when they first started out. To help stand out, in addition to the guitar wizardry of Eddie Van Halen they paid extra attention to harmony. One of the few Rock bands that offered harmony in their music.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,347 posts
12,121 battles
39 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This was my teens.

This was my Dad's music. He hadn't been out of the Navy long when this came along. So I grew up listening to the 50's, 60's, and 70's. He had kind of switched to country when the 70's rolled around. 

I always thought a video of some CV play highlights with "Magic Carpet Ride" as background music would be cool.

Members
2,735 posts
509 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

This was my teens.

when you need a classic metalized..... 
YOU CALL LEO!!!

BTW  this guy is AMAZING... been doing a video a week (FRiday releases) For years and has hundreds of these... some are funny as hell (Peanut butter Jelly time, people on the bus...) and he is talented as @#$@@

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,377 posts
4 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

YOU CALL LEO!!!

BTW  this guy is AMAZING... been doing a video a week (FRiday releases) For years and has hundreds of these... some are funny as hell (Peanut butter Jelly time, people on the bus...) and he is talented as @#$@@

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,347 posts
12,121 battles
58 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

YOU CALL LEO!!!

Actually a friend shared his Youtube to me a couple years ago. He is talented. I think his wife helps him some. I've seen him incorporate the Marilyn Manson eye contacts in some of his vids. My music tastes go from one extreme to the other and most points in between.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,377 posts
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Actually a friend shared his Youtube to me a couple years ago. He is talented. I think his wife helps him some. I've seen him incorporate the Marilyn Manson eye contacts in some of his vids. My music tastes go from one extreme to the other and most points in between.

I think you just might find my tastes even more extreme as they go from classical artists such as Bach,Beethoven,Brahms,Mozart to modern day instrumentals  such as  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=song+of+the+mountains+episodes  to ballads by Jimmy Deans Big Bad John,PT-109 all the way up as far as  Johnny Cashs, A Boy Named Suegiphy.gif

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,347 posts
12,121 battles

37 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Johnny Cashs, A Boy Named Sue

Johnny Cash one of my favorite fellow Arkansan's. I live about a hour from his home in Dyees

• Cool 2

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,377 posts
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Johnny Cash one of my favorite fellow Arkansan's. I live about a hour from his home in Dyees

Awesome! Such a shame the way The Big Ole Opera treated Johnny  Cash in the and it shows here 

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,347 posts
12,121 battles
24 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Awesome! Such a shame the way The Big Ole Opera treated Johnny  Cash in the and it shows here 

Yep, John was really good. He is a icon that will probably never be replaced.

Two events that haunted him was losing his brother in a accident with a saw while cutting lumber and losing June.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 2

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.