Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kestrel_Falcon

Advice on Cmdr Luigi skills and Modules

8 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
939 posts
18,604 battles

I'm at a crossroads on which commander skills and modules would best serve RM Venezia.  I've seen some beta testers build on YouTube.  I'm torn about using RPF along with VG if I want to be a dedicated DD killer. Point being DD dictates the OPTEMPO in matches. Right? Luigi currently is at 18 points. I'm considering selecting VG and the last point will go to Incoming Fire Alert (IA). As for modules changes, I am considering SGM3 along with MBM3.  This would make for an aggressive build and quite possibly short life in the random match.  Thoughts and recommendations?

Venezia modules.png

Captain Skills Venezia.png

[UFFA]
Members
2,068 posts
75 battles

It is Regia Nave or Regia Incrociatore not RM if you want to use a prefix  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_Sansonetti

The commander is based off a real person so the proper form would be Admiral Sansonetti or Sansonetti. The same way every other historical legendary captain is referred to by their last name. 

I’d really only take IFA for mid range WASD. Better to second line behind someone else than take such a large ship DD hunting Solo early on. Imoo. 

[WOLF4]
Members
847 posts
11,316 battles

Ha ha - not exactly the answer you were looking for.

You go ahead and call Luigi anything you like - he's your employee!

As for skipper skills - I currently have Luigi to 18 points, and am  just about to re-spec him to:  PT,  PM, EL, EM, BFT, SI, CE, RL.

VG would probably be pretty handy, but I personally wouldn't want to give up any of the other skills to get it - always a trade-off - ha ha! 

As for modules - I can't speak to Venezia, as I'm only at Amalfi - but for my money, these ships are all about the guns - I don't think I would take AA module over the accuracy module.

I sure have been enjoying Amalfi - my numbers in her aren't all that great, but I have enjoyed her immensely.   Looking forward to the advantages re-specing Luigi for RL may bring.

[CUTE]
Members
45 posts
8,748 battles

I run:

PT EL

JOAT EM AR

SI

RL CE

Not really sure why you would need BoS on a cruiser, and RL should help you predict where torps will come from (drop VG).

I'd also swap the range module for the reload one. The base range of the Venezia is pretty crappy, but you already have Luigi and his range-boosting skill, so range module is unnecessary imo.

I wouldn't recommend giving up any concealment. You'll need every bit you can get.

[R-F2]
Members
660 posts
9,599 battles

I'm using this build. The last three points will go into JOAT and a one point skill. I'm using the spotter plane mod because I had one sitting around from a supercontainer before that was removed, I don't think it's important.

With the spotter plane and the special captain range buff I think range mod would be overkill. I don't really see the use of RPF when you don't have any way of spotting for yourself, but if you want it you could drop EM and JOAT. I think vigilance is basically a waste of a commander skill, how often do you honestly get hit by a torp that you would have dodged if you saw it 2 seconds earlier?

image.png.ff5a0ae6c95b2182833f87255b839c96.png

[SRPH]
Members
92 posts
1,608 battles

I like him. I put him on my highest Italian ship (Abruzzi) and set him up with Priority Fire, Adrenalin Rush, Demolition Expert, and IFHE. He makes Abruzzi come alive!

[CVA16]
Members
5,145 posts
15,364 battles
22 hours ago, Chados said:

I like him. I put him on my highest Italian ship (Abruzzi) and set him up with Priority Fire, Adrenalin Rush, Demolition Expert, and IFHE. He makes Abruzzi come alive!

IFHE????

[SRPH]
Members
92 posts
1,608 battles

Yes, Abruzzi and d’Aosta both pack HE, not SAP. They’re my highest-ranked ships other than Dunkerque and the IJN destroyer Fubuki. I own 17 ships, four are above T5, and only one is T7 (Abruzzi). Abruzzi also is the one I run most often. 

Edited by Chados

Sign in to follow this