You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Thevoin

Why ships on EU are much cheaper than NA

21 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
5,838 battles

So i was just browsing on premium shop and saw Massachusetts in really cheap price and i didn't noticed i was on eu untill i tried to logged in so i kept that tab open and went back to na to see if it's really that cheap well its not so any idea why there is drastic difference between ship prices on servers? while that server switch on is going on i might change to EU lol. Thanks 

1989253811_MassaachusettsonEU.thumb.PNG.b991b34e1adaf62a5b33fcea5b64177e.PNG582722145_MassaachusettsonNA.thumb.PNG.01cdf24958c8ae3ce7786820cd8d95e9.PNG

Edited by Thevoin

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,397 posts
22,933 battles

While there is a difference, likely due to tax reasons, it's nowhere near as pronounced as your screenshots show.

HuxtkSq.jpg

idTau32.jpg

WG doesn't charge wildly different prices for different ships on different servers, but they're still beholden to tax laws.

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
5,838 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

While there is a difference, likely due to tax reasons, it's nowhere near as pronounced as your screenshots show.

HuxtkSq.jpg

idTau32.jpg

WG doesn't charge wildly different prices for different ships on different servers, but they're still beholden to tax laws.

LOL IT IS WILDLY DIFFERENT. its 3 times more expensive in india if i purchase on na server. i don't know how come i never noticed that before now that i have and already spend over 12k on na. i think i should switch to eu its so cheap for me ! 

Edited by Thevoin

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,397 posts
22,933 battles
1 minute ago, Thevoin said:

LOL IT IS WILDLY DIFFERENT. its 3 times more expensive in india if i purchase on na server. i don't know how come i never noticed that before now that i have and already spend over 12k on na. i think i should switch to eu its so cheap for me ! 

Not denying that the difference shown is not there, just saying it's not WG doing it. :) You're connecting from India? Wouldn't EU be closer then anyways? I don't know what weird tax reasons exist to make the difference as pronounced as it's showing for you, nor guarantee you that it'll still be there after you switch servers or that there wouldn't be added taxes involved if you switch. But I think they're still running a rare, one-time-only server switching service right now where you can actually take your account progress and ships with you, but I don't know if that's still running.

Good luck!

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
5,838 battles

@Lert Yes they're still running it. to make sure it wasn't a glitch or something else i made a temp account on eu and price is really that for us as i shown in the pics. i think i will switch it and if prices is same and i won't have as fun as i am having on na i can still revert back in 30 days but of course i won't buy anything untill i am sure i want to stick with eu. thanks :)

[AAA]
Members
818 posts
20,404 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Not denying that the difference shown is not there, just saying it's not WG doing it. :) You're connecting from India? Wouldn't EU be closer then anyways? I don't know what weird tax reasons exist to make the difference as pronounced as it's showing for you, nor guarantee you that it'll still be there after you switch servers or that there wouldn't be added taxes involved if you switch. But I think they're still running a rare, one-time-only server switching service right now where you can actually take your account progress and ships with you, but I don't know if that's still running.

Good luck!

Generally they will show the price in the local currency of the user so there will be an exchange rate difference baked in.

Not sure if its unique to me, but I usually have a 10 to 15% discount also given whenever I view the prices also. So for me if I convert the price below to USD I would be paying USD$ 36.32.

Converting the Euro price means I would pay TTD$ 351.56. So for me the NA server converts cheaper. So it seems it really dependent on the actual country you are accessing the server from.

image.thumb.png.f1fdc870805967dc03b499d72f36d141.png

• Cool 2

0 posts
  1. NA players have deeper pockets?
  2. Exchange rates
  3. Taxes 
  4. Shipping costs (those digital Tachibanas/)

More seriously, WG has previously stated that premium shop prices are decided region by region, country by country (most recently as regards India) to ensure premium content remains accessible across all regions. This leads to differing prices for the same product.

• Cool 1

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
21,806 battles

For sure in Europe we have the highest taxes of the universe

Also our base salary are a lot lower then in USA......go figure selling virtual goods.......:Smile_trollface:

[DAS]
Members
1,053 posts
11,415 battles

I think they factor in your region, not just the server. It would make sense that you get lower prices if you live in a 3rd world country since you probably can't afford to pay what people in the good old US of A can.

I play on the NA server, but live in Mexico (yes, that is also North America) and ships cost less for me compared to people north of the border. I vaguely remember WG lowering the prices for players in Latin America maybe 1-2 years ago.

Maybe using a VPN when you buy stuff would save you some money.

Members
179 posts
11,605 battles
3 hours ago, Thevoin said:

Could it be because of some type of [edited] AMERICAN TARIFFS? Maybe?

[-AHOY]
Members
256 posts
8,215 battles

Most hilarious, they can't change my residence place, but yet somewhat they can move accounts across the servers... I am paying more than usual because my original residence was Poland. I'm buying everything from the premium shop in dollars, but it exchanges them to Polish currency... I'm speechless in this situation and WarGaming support said they can't help. This is honestly, making WarGaming look ridiculous as such a massive company that transfers accounts between servers can't change 1 information of the account. 

Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,377 battles

Taxes also the much people going expend in games is different in different parts of world.

Even steam you can see a same game is not the same price for different countrys.

[WOLFH]
Members
377 posts
25,450 battles
3 hours ago, Thevoin said:

So i was just browsing on premium shop and saw Massachusetts in really cheap price and i didn't noticed i was on eu untill i tried to logged in so i kept that tab open and went back to na to see if it's really that cheap well its not so any idea why there is drastic difference between ship prices on servers?

Different price for Indian players on EU, due to the server switch offer from a few months back

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/content/india-account-migration/

Special pricing scheme: Prices in the World of Warships Premium Shop will be adjusted for accounts from India.

Something came up on Reddit not long after that, with a Indian player (on EU) not getting the full 200% bonus on doubloons bought, and it seems they were getting a 70% discount shop items on EU compared to the regular EU price, but that should NOT have been taken into account and they ended up getting the full amount of doubloons.

• Cool 1

[ARPGT]
[ARPGT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,519 posts
4,908 battles

It's the same for me, but I refuse to change to EU. Got my clan and all my friends this side, even though I connect from South Africa.

uTQNVHW.png

EU Price ^

phww5rh.png

NA price ^

Well, my ping on NA is similar to my ping on EU.

~Hunter

Members
8 posts
5,838 battles
1 hour ago, Grantwhy said:

Different price for Indian players on EU, due to the server switch offer from a few months back

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/content/india-account-migration/

Something came up on Reddit not long after that, with a Indian player (on EU) not getting the full 200% bonus on doubloons bought, and it seems they were getting a 70% discount shop items on EU compared to the regular EU price, but that should NOT have been taken into account and they ended up getting the full amount of doubloons.

Thank you so much ! I'm from India so it seems that's why I'm getting benefits. That's actually awesome ! Looks like I'll be switching to EU then ! 

Members
8 posts
5,838 battles
3 hours ago, LoveBote said:
  1. NA players have deeper pockets?
  2. Exchange rates
  3. Taxes 
  4. Shipping costs (those digital Tachibanas/)

More seriously, WG has previously stated that premium shop prices are decided region by region, country by country (most recently as regards India) to ensure premium content remains accessible across all regions. This leads to differing prices for the same product.

Thanks, I'm from India so it make sense now. It's great that we're getting this opportunity to switch server ! O7

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,377 battles

Oh, another thing, idk how its work for wargaming but for steam a company need keep around 30% of sales in taxes in US. Sinse wg is from outside us i think they increase the price to cover that taxes too. Probabily they have an way to dont pay all this 30% but still a high taxes for take money outside us.

• Cool 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,281 posts
19,590 battles
On 11/25/2019 at 6:24 AM, LoveBote said:

Pretty much this.

Different regional servers have different pricing offerings for different regions, for example the NA server has special pricing considerations for our LATAM communities. As majority of the playerbase for India is on EU, they receive special pricing for India there. 

Fem,

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,723 posts
4,489 battles

1 Euro = 78.78 INR

1 US dollar = 71.51 INR

1 Canadian dollar = 53.84 INR

1 CAD = 0.75 USD

1 CAD =0.68 Euro

Mass. on EU: 64.06 CAD

Mass. on NA: 65.77 CAD

I'm guessing that the company that does the exchange for INR for the EU server charges less than the company doing the exchange for the NA server.

[NSEW]
Members
2,616 posts
12,116 battles

Quite simply, it was the currency conversion that helped me purchase with much ease with NA account versus EU account.

I found that the NA in the past was more forgiving to my wallet, ergo more prone to spending. Whereas the EU account is relatively, closer to F2P.