You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Dogget

Vive l'Alsace

12 comments in this topic

Members
102 posts
7,333 battles

Has anyone run both ships and preferred the Alsace?  I'm loving the Alsace and notice the wider dispersion, fewer guns, etc., of the Republique?

My very first salvo when I got it and took her out, early, deleted a cruiser.  3 salvos (and two cits) later, down went a BB.  My next shot took out another cruiser!

Not my usual production.  That sequence was unusual, but my first two games with her were my highest two damage totals ever.   Blah, blah,blah.

Anyone regret moving up to T10?  Anyone go back?

Is the Republique all that AND MORE?

Merci.

• Cool 2

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,937 posts

Been at Alsace firba while now.  Actually been sitting in enough regular do to grab republique for over nine months . Still haven't done it. Running full secondary build on her with manual and IFHE . She is "imo" one if the scariest ships in the game.  Just for her secondaries . 100mm fire rain is sweet to see .

GL with your choice . I may eventually pull the trigger on rep. Just to get the snowflake event stuff but I don'tthink it's gonna be my one of my favs.

GL and GH .:Smile_honoring:

Members
516 posts
10,466 battles

Well, I prefer the République rather than the Alsace, because I like big guns. Its 431mm guns don't have good dispersion, but they can deal a lot of damage. Also, both ships have secondaries that fire shells like if it's rainning.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,383 posts
29,431 battles
2 hours ago, Dogget said:

Has anyone run both ships and preferred the Alsace?  I'm loving the Alsace and notice the wider dispersion, fewer guns, etc., of the Republique?

My very first salvo when I got it and took her out, early, deleted a cruiser.  3 salvos (and two cits) later, down went a BB.  My next shot took out another cruiser!

Not my usual production.  That sequence was unusual, but my first two games with her were my highest two damage totals ever.   Blah, blah,blah.

Merci.

Last clan battle season, 26km opening salvo on a zao.... dev strike.

Now with legendary,  21.2 reload....

11.2 km secondaries. 

Republique is a beast...

Alsace is a much more fun brawler with the extra guns....

I love them both.

• Cool 2

[UN1]
Members
1,497 posts
4,854 battles
22 hours ago, Dogget said:

Merci.

I have both, and I prefer the Alsace for sure.  The Republique is good, but the Alsace is just more fun to play.

My highest damage game ever is in my Republique though (264k).  It was my very first game in the ship, and while I'm pretty lethal with it, I can't seem to win any games at all.  I win a lot more games with the Alsace.

Members
1,222 posts
17,499 battles

alsace was great before the nerf ,  i recently got bourgogne  and this reminds me how alsace was  !

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,383 posts
29,431 battles
On 11/24/2019 at 8:57 AM, Ranari said:

I have both, and I prefer the Alsace for sure.  The Republique is good, but the Alsace is just more fun to play.

My highest damage game ever is in my Republique though (264k).  It was my very first game in the ship, and while I'm pretty lethal with it, I can't seem to win any games at all.  I win a lot more games with the Alsace.

Last night I had 2 Clan Battles with over 180k damage and 1.4 mil tanked....

Republique cannot be overlooked at her brawling capacity. 

[70]
Members
1,424 posts
11,839 battles

All-sass was a mehbote at best for me.

Pub Liquor (aka Repub) is godly in its way of punishing any enemy BB who angled toward you and then has to turn to angle away and shoot over his shoulder, because a BB's turn time, though short enough to fit between salvos on any other battleship, is NOT enough to fit between Repub salvos. So you can dole out enormous punishment easily on enemy BBs doing the usual angling pattern (with zigzags).

Members
921 posts
13,862 battles
On 11/24/2019 at 10:52 PM, dad003 said:

alsace was great before the nerf ,  i recently got bourgogne  and this reminds me how alsace was  !

I really do feel  like the Bourgogne is the ship the top tier French BB should have been.

Members
223 posts
7,381 battles

Alsace or Fred the Great? 

I'm closing in on both of them. And very torn. 

I'm seeing folks absolutely destroying other ships with the Alsace. 

[F11]
Members
1,009 posts
6,786 battles
On 1/1/2020 at 3:55 AM, CorvetteKaptain67 said:

Alsace or Fred the Great? 

According to http://na.wows-numbers.com, Alsace averages 72.5k damage/match, while Friedrich der Große (H-39) averages 57.2k damage/match. It is consistent with my experience. Both battleships are excellent brawlers with some ability to project damage at range. However, Alsace seems to always get a better health exchange ratio in chaotic brawling situations: players tend to score more damage before they are sunk in the Alsace.

On 11/23/2019 at 11:23 AM, Dogget said:

I love Alsace's guns too: I deleted a Nepturn at 3:15 in the video below. I almost felt bad for the Nepturn player.

[CVA16]
Members
8,870 posts
27,052 battles

Problem I had with the Alsace was the same as I had with most of the French BBs. RNG hates me in these ships. Very wonky dispersion. Lots of shell splashes all around the target but no hits. Republique and Richelieu do not seem to suffer from this curse.

Edited by Sabot_100