You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Doc_Holliday

Lose unique ships if I reset?

47 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
314 posts
6,006 battles

I haven't played WoWS in a long time and started getting back into it a week ago.  I finished the German BB line and the US DD line as well and that's when the whole "research points" options showed up.  I reset the US CV line because 1) I hardly play US CV's before the rework and now I need practice with that line and 2) With my horrible skills in the new CV rework I would be a HUGE burden to my team.

Anyway the only line I would think about resetting next would be the IJN BB line because I did enjoy the grind and I don't play my Yamato as much.  The issue is that awhile ago I earned the unique Fuso with the permanent blue, gray, black camo.  If I reset this line, will the Fuso get sold as well and if it does get sold, will I still have the permanent camo waiting for it when I get her back on the research tree?  Keep in mind, this ship is NOT an old tier 6 that I kept and got the camo for, this was an award ships from an event a few years back.

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
2,213 posts
1 minute ago, _Doc_Holliday said:

I haven't played WoWS in a long time and started getting back into it a week ago.  I finished the German BB line and the US DD line as well and that's when the whole "research points" options showed up.  I reset the US CV line because 1) I hardly play US CV's before the rework and now I need practice with that line and 2) With my horrible skills in the new CV rework I would be a HUGE burden to my team.

Anyway the only line I would think about resetting next would be the IJN BB line because I did enjoy the grind and I don't play my Yamato as much.  The issue is that awhile ago I earned the unique Fuso with the permanent blue, gray, black camo.  If I reset this line, will the Fuso get sold as well and if it does get sold, will I still have the permanent camo waiting for it when I get her back on the research tree?  Keep in mind, this ship is NOT an old tier 6 that I kept and got the camo for, this was an award ships from an event a few years back.

When you reset ship lines, you don't use permacamos.

The unique Fuso camo will be there for you when you get her back.

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Cool 1

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles
34 minutes ago, _Doc_Holliday said:

this was an award ships from an event a few years back.

Resetting a line only affects the tech tree ships in that line. For the IJN BBs that would affect the tech tree ships from tier 1 Hashidate, the tier 2 and 3 cruisers and the the BBs from Kawachi.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,325 posts
17,513 battles

You keep permacamos.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
1 hour ago, _Doc_Holliday said:

As others said, you keep the permacamo. The reward Fuso and the grind Fuso, are the same Fuso, so you lose nothing.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,606 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, _Doc_Holliday said:

If I reset this line, will the Fuso get sold as well and if it does get sold, will I still have the permanent camo waiting for it when I get her back on the research tree? 

AFAIK, there is no "Fuso" that is not in the tech tree.  If the ship is part of the tech tree, it will be sold and the camo stored in Inventory.  If it isn't, it won't be sold.

@Kizarvexis

@henrychenhenry

Here is the (new and kinda sloppy) wiki article: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

Comments welcome.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,606 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Resetting a line only affects the tech tree ships in that line. For the IJN BBs that would affect the tech tree ships from tier 1 Hashidate, the tier 2 and 3 cruisers and the the BBs from Kawachi.

I've not reset a line where I had the Tier i in port.  Is it sold too?  That would be kinda pointless since it's available for free, and it takes 0 XP to unlock.  I always think of a reset as starting at the Tier II.  You do need to use a Tier I (or FXP) to re-unlock the Tier II.

Members
3,976 posts
9,588 battles
19 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I've not reset a line where I had the Tier i in port.  Is it sold too?  That would be kinda pointless since it's available for free, and it takes 0 XP to unlock.  I always think of a reset as starting at the Tier II.  You do need to use a Tier I (or FXP) to re-unlock the Tier II.

I haven’t reset any lines yet, but from clan mates who have, it completely resets and sells the line down to the t1 and you have to ‘rebuy’ the t1 to regrind it. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,606 posts
4,602 battles

When I did in the PT, the T1 wasn't in port so it wasn't reported sold.  Afterward the tech tree showed it as unlocked, which of course it always is.  But they make you go through the motions of "re-buying" it?  Okay.

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles
23 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I've not reset a line where I had the Tier i in port.  Is it sold too?  That would be kinda pointless since it's available for free, and it takes 0 XP to unlock.

Since the tier 1 is free any way it makes no difference whether it makes sense or not.

2 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I haven’t reset any lines yet, but from clan mates who have, it completely resets and sells the line down to the t1 and you have to ‘rebuy’ the t1 to regrind it. 

I reset to USN DDs and the double USN CL/CA line and both times restarted at the Erie.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,606 posts
4,602 battles
5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I reset to USN DDs and the double USN CL/CA line and both times restarted at the Erie.

Did you do them simultaneously?  Seems to me that you could reset both, unlock up to Omaha, then unlock both Dallas and Pensacola, effectively eliminating the T1-5 grind from one of the line re-grinds.  (Hmm.  That's probably why points don't start until T6.)

Edited by iDuckman

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Did you do them simultaneously?  Seems to me that you could reset both, unlock up to Omaha,

I did it all at once. I think if you split it you end up doing the tier 1 to 5 twice.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,606 posts
4,602 battles
4 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I did it all at once. I think if you split it you end up doing the tier 1 to 5 twice.

Can you confirm that you only had to unlock T2-5 once?

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
3 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I redid the US lines separately on the PTS and had to regrind the 1-5 each time. So if you are going to do multiple lines on a nation, doing them all at once is probably best from a retread 1-5 point. On the other hand, grinding 1-5 in PvP doesn't take that long either.

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Can you confirm that you only had to unlock T2-5 once?

When I pressed reset for the Des Moines it reset from the tier 1 to the Des Moines. The Other 4 cruisers were not affected until I clicked on their reset Icon just after clicking the first one.

[TBW]
Members
9,764 posts
16,555 battles

So if I am correct today is the first day of the second season, I thought that there would be some kind of warning like a week before. Glad I didn't wait.

Did a little research and the next multiplier is in 13 hours. read thew bottom line. So if you want the first season multiplier you have about 12 hours.

shot-19_11.18_15_34.03-0961.thumb.jpg.0fbf7f0d4c73942781780949c1ed2883.jpg

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,606 posts
4,602 battles
15 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

When I pressed reset for the Des Moines it reset from the tier 1 to the Des Moines. The Other 4 cruisers were not affected until I clicked on their reset Icon just after clicking the first one.

What "other 4 cruisers"?  You mean the CLs?  (There would have been 5 of them unaffected, btw.)  But that doesn't answer my question.

If you reset both the CAs (presumably first) then the CLs so that both lines were clear, did you have to re-grind T1-5s twice? 

14 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

So if I am correct today is the first day of the second season, I thought that there would be some kind of warning like a week before. Glad I didn't wait.

AFAIK, there's no need for a warning.  All a new season does, apparently, is enable a new 2x RP bonus for the next line you reset.

It would have been nice to have an announcement, though.  I know of no way to tell what season today is in.  see below

Edited by iDuckman

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Did a little research and the next multiplier is in 13 hours. read thew bottom line. So if you want the first season multiplier you have about 12 hours.

shot-19_11.18_15_34.03-0961.thumb.jpg.0fbf7f0d4c73942781780949c1ed2883.jpg

The 2nd RB season starting does not affect the 1st. All that happens, is you can reset the first line in season 2 and get another x2 bonus.

1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

What "other 4 cruisers"?  You mean the CLs?  (There would have been 5 of them unaffected, btw.)  But that doesn't answer my question.

If you reset both the CAs (presumably first) then the CLs so that both lines were clear, did you have to re-grind T1-5s twice? 

AFAIK, there's no need for a warning.  All a new season does, apparently, is enable a new 2x RP bonus for the next line you reset.

It would have been nice to have an announcement, though.  I know of no way to tell what season today is in.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-0810/#research

[TBW]
Members
9,764 posts
16,555 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

The 2nd RB season starting does not affect the 1st. All that happens, is you can reset the first line in season 2 and get another x2 bonus.

It affects you if you haven't reset yet in the first season and you want the double bonus for your first reset of season 1. You can grind the ships at any time but need to reset before season 2 starts to get the season 1 bonus.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It affects you if you haven't reset yet in the first season and you want the double bonus for your first reset of season 1. You can grind the ships at any time but need to reset before season 2 starts to get the season 1 bonus.

Actually no. You can still grind the lines you set in season 1 with no penalty, including the one with the x2 bonus. And I'm 99.9% sure that you do not have to finish the first season x2 to get the second season x2 bonus. Let me go find the article...

[PVE]
Members
200 posts
6,793 battles
55 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

But they make you go through the motions of "re-buying" it? 

No. If you have the T1 cruiser in port, it stays in port.

Spoiler

xNkBTAG.jpg

50 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Seems to me that you could reset both, unlock up to Omaha, then unlock both Dallas and Pensacola, effectively eliminating the T1-5 grind from one of the line re-grinds.

Can confirm.

Edited by Amaruk
Added reset screenshot
  • Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
9,764 posts
16,555 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Actually no. You can still grind the lines you set in season 1 with no penalty, including the one with the x2 bonus. And I'm 99.9% sure that you do not have to finish the first season x2 to get the second season x2 bonus. Let me go find the article...

You still need to have reset a line during the first season or you lose out on getting double for the first season.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You still need to have reset a line during the first season or you lose out on getting double for the first season.

Well of course if you didn't reset a line in the first season, you would not get the first season x2 bonus. But each season will have the first line reset that season have a x2 bonus.

Here is the Aug 16th, 2019 RB article

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/research-bureau/

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,606 posts
4,602 battles

I also got this when I logged into my RB-qualified account:

Screenshot_203.png.b6fe7cc69b68b3b2d2deb91568f74892.png

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,606 posts
4,602 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You do if it's to be on the same line.  In other words, the line has to be complete to be reset again in the 2nd season.  Otherwise no, you can apply it to any other completely unlocked line.