You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

Ever wanted to change servers and move your stuff?

42 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles

Have you ever wanted to change servers, but didn't want to leave your progress and ships behind? Well now you have that chance for a limited time.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/server-transfer-offer/

pic current as of 11:35am EST Nov, 18th, 2019 See link above

1231483999_Servertranfer.thumb.JPG.9b49755d7affddd0d82ea90471b22668.JPG

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,898 battles
11 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

which server does not have island hiders?

I know in tanks the SA server is the problem child … 

If I can't figure out which server is the worst in Wows, does that make NA de facto the one to avoid?

Is so, which way do you jump … I know the bow and the rudder are bad news :)

Is EU starboard … I really want to stay in NATO 

Also, I don't speak Chinese or Russian … 

This is stressing me out :)

Edited by Commander_367

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
11 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

If I can't figure out which server is the worst in Wows, does that make NA de facto the one to avoid?

You do not have to move you know. This is an opportunity for those that have wanted to move, but have not because of the stuff they have.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,578 posts
15,683 battles

I actually considered joining the EU server due to my work schedule. Currently only able to do CB one night a week at most. Sometimes none.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles

I have never wanted to changed servers although I have played on the EU & RU servers where I already had accounts from playing WoWP's, and the Asia server. What I want is a global log in so I can play on all of the servers with all of my ships.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,662 posts
14,743 battles

Instructions unclear, now inadvertently on War Thu... Server!

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles
27 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

SEA server has the worst reputation in WOWS, not sure if it's deserved. I know a lot of the AU players prefer NA over SEA.

My question is if Brexit happens, does the UK get it's own server?:Smile_trollface:

And I don't think Russian or Chinese is necessary, you can probably get the gist of game chat in any language....

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

If the email address is already used on the destination server, your login will use a throwaway email account named (Your Account Email)@transfer.loc and a new password. Reach out to the new server’s Customer Service and request an email change.

Does this mean we're allowed to own multiple accounts on one server?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
14 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

SEA server has the worst reputation in WOWS, not sure if it's deserved. I know a lot of the AU players prefer NA over SEA.

Apparently they are able to get better ping to the NA server than to the SEA server.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Apparently they are able to get better ping to the NA server than to the SEA server.

Yeah, if there's one thing I've learned about Australia it's that their internet sucks. Why it's easier to get across the Pacific than to SEA I don't know, but whatever. But I've also heard that SEA can be a shitshow, and that they're usually not doing the same events/sales/patches as the NA/EU/RU servers.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
14 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

hmmm does server transfers mean population drops....hmm

:Smile_smile:

There are lots of people who have wanted to change servers, but would have had to leave their progress and goods behind. They have been complaining about that for a while. So WG is accommodating them for a short time.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,206 battles

I don't really need to change my NA account. But I would love to start a second one on the Russian server, I've heard that the fights are crazy, charge forward, guns blazing, if you try to turn back your team mates kill you for being a coward in the face of the enemy!!!

Might be a fun change , kinda like playing in a t1 game with t10 ships.

Don't know how to start a second account in ru.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,012 posts
22,567 battles
26 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

There are lots of people who have wanted to change servers, but would have had to leave their progress and goods behind. They have been complaining about that for a while. So WG is accommodating them for a short time.

This has always been a head scratcher for me. Not sure why they don't do this for a fee, all the time. Anything to help with player retention should be available and this is a pretty significant service to provide and an opportunity to generate some money for Wargaming. Free is good, just with a limited time window it may not be of help in the long term unless they make it a routine "event". Say once a year or some such. 

The one thing Wargaming should be doing right now is a mass email campaign for every person who has ever played. We may have lost players and could drag them back to the game with this opportunity. Couple this with say a free ship or some doubloons, it could prove to be very successful to get players back into the game. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers
133 posts
10,875 battles

I’m in the uk but play on the NA server, I’ve got no reason to move, met some great guys whilst playing and in the clan 

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
4 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

This has always been a head scratcher for me. Not sure why they don't do this for a fee, all the time. Anything to help with player retention should be available and this is a pretty significant service to provide and an opportunity to generate some money for Wargaming. Free is good, just with a limited time window it may not be of help in the long term unless they make it a routine "event". Say once a year or some such. 

The one thing Wargaming should be doing right now is a mass email campaign for every person who has ever played. We may have lost players and could drag them back to the game with this opportunity. Couple this with say a free ship or some doubloons, it could prove to be very successful to get players back into the game. 

Good ideas

[SYN]
Members
15,860 posts
12,803 battles

IMO, NA is still one of the better servers to be on.

But if you like cyka blyat rush B style, go to the RU server.

Whatever you do, don't go to the Sea server. They are even worse in both camping and usage of non-approved bots.

Edited by MrDeaf

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,898 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

You do not have to move you know. This is an opportunity for those that have wanted to move, but have not because of the stuff they have.

It's a time limited offer - the stress is built in!

At the very least, I have to think about it :)

Thanks for complicating my already complicated life WG lol

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,898 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

My question is if Brexit happens, does the UK get it's own server?:Smile_trollface:

And I don't think Russian or Chinese is necessary, you can probably get the gist of game chat in any language....

I'm more interested in prices … if I can pay in Rupees, that would be great 

Find me the worst economy - I want THAT one!

Edited by Commander_367

[1984]
Members
4,125 posts
19,914 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I actually considered joining the EU server due to my work schedule. Currently only able to do CB one night a week at most. Sometimes none.

[VW] is NA based and looking for people willing to play clan battles in EU time zone. PM me if interested.

i dont get why they dont just let us all play on one “server” dont give me the nonsense about language. The f4 is wilco regardless of what language you speak and i dont care about people being salty in another language.

Edited by monpetitloup

[NSEW]
Members
1,858 posts
10,709 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Couldn't agree more with that you've said here.  I too, have advocated the very same thing in the past to no avail.  

I've even submitted a ticket to request for a server switch. To which their response was that they couldn't do due to technical reasons. 

So I dug further, asking the experts (outside of WG, just individual professionals that knows their stuff) that deals with any and all backend related tech stuff.  Conclusively they all said that it was not an impossible thing.  Most likely, that it was a choice thing. Not any programming/software/hardware thing.

It makes me wonder, though. That they had the ability to do so, just that it wasn't beneficial at the time of request.  That is what I am led to believe.

On one hand, I'm quite bitter about it.  On the other, I have two accounts for two separate regions.  The only thing I do regret is having to spend inordinate time to bring up the second account near to my originals state (Tier 10 ships, blah blah).  If they did offer it back then, I would just have 1 account with all the work that went into the second.