You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Noworriesderpy1

CO-OP BOT CV's oh Where are You ?

26 comments in this topic

[BEA5T]
[BEA5T]
Members
380 posts
14,434 battles

You know for the past umpteen weeks we have been saturated with BOT CV's  in CO-OP but this MORNING they have been suspiciously absent   (So far 12 games in a row and NO CV's)   

Hmm wonder if Is it due to one of the requirements in the Directives  ?  Destroy the Aircraft  ( They don't want you to finish it in 1 try) :cap_haloween:  

CaptureAir.PNG

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles
8 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

(So far 12 games in a row and NO CV's)   

And how many of those battles did you use a CV? If you want a bot CV opponent then use a CV yourself!

[BEA5T]
[BEA5T]
Members
380 posts
14,434 battles
Just now, CAPTMUDDXX said:

And how many of those battles did you use a CV? If you want a bot CV opponent then use a CV yourself!

I don't DO CV's  :cap_cool:   

Seems this morning the absence of Human CV drivers in CO-OP is more noticeable most likely.  (Tiers VI-VIII)   

BUT MM has been placing BOT CV's into the line-up even when NO human has entered with a CV.   

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles
1 hour ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

BUT MM has been placing BOT CV's into the line-up even when NO human has entered with a CV.   

That is one of those things that WG has the right to change/switch on/off without notice.

[RLGN]
Members
14,323 posts
25,263 battles
58 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

That is one of those things that WH has the right to change/switch on/off without notice.

This,

1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

...and this.

Just be smart about dropping your fighter, (in Co-op,) and it’s easy enough to get plane kills.

If nothing else, if your team is mashed potatoes and dies to the bots, you’ll have ample opportunity for plane kills from AA as the bot starts focusing you.

Hate to say it OP, but Mudd has the right of  it. If you want the certainty of a bot CV in Co-op, then you or a div mate need to bring one.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,348 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

WH has the right to change/switch on/off without notice.

I think you mean WG, LOL.

WH normally being understood to mean "White House" does put an interesting spin on all sorts of conspiracy theories, though! :fish_haloween:

[NFFS]
Members
191 posts
6,917 battles

I usually think 'Warhammer' when I see WH.  Usually with a 'Fantasy' or '40K' label after it, though.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles
47 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

This,

Indeed it is up to WG!

47 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

...and this.

Just be smart about dropping your fighter, (in Co-op,) and it’s easy enough to get plane kills.

If nothing else, if your team is mashed potatoes and dies to the bots, you’ll have ample opportunity for plane kills from AA as the bot starts focusing you.

Hate to say it OP, but Mudd has the right of  it. If you want the certainty of a bot CV in Co-op, then you or a div mate need to bring one.

I went out in co op with my first CV and got 12 plane kills.

32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

think you mean WG, LOL.

Well G and H are adjacent on the keyboard.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles

Take a ship with good AA and division with a CV which will guarantee a CV on the other team in co-op and with luck the CV will focus you and you might get all thirty in one match.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,348 battles
56 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Well G and H are adjacent on the keyboard.

WG HQ and the White House not so much! :cap_haloween:

44 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Take a ship with good AA and division with a CV which will guarantee a CV on the other team in co-op and with luck the CV will focus you and you might get all thirty in one match.

Div your plane-murdering light cruiser of choice with a destroyer whose AA is garbage and the bots will focus that.  Or take an AA-spec Sims if you have one and used to run Dynamo with it. Even the Monaghan B hull is no slouch.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,015 posts
22,578 battles
47 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This is a good way of doing it. I would only add that you take a DD with good AA (Sims is a good choice) and division up with a tier 6 carrier. Bot carriers tend to go for the DDs first and I have found that I am often out of place in my cruiser to intercept the incoming aircraft. In a DD there is a pretty good chance of them coming for you so you don't have to chase them down. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,433 posts
14,165 battles
4 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

This is a good way of doing it. I would only add that you take a DD with good AA (Sims is a good choice) and division up with a tier 6 carrier. Bot carriers tend to go for the DDs first and I have found that I am often out of place in my cruiser to intercept the incoming aircraft. In a DD there is a pretty good chance of them coming for you so you don't have to chase them down. 

The bot CV's tend to go after the first ship they see. I like the Texas for this myself.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,177 posts
9,512 battles
28 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The bot CV's tend to go after the first ship they see. I like the Texas for this myself.

Often times it's DDs, so Friesland for me.

• Cool 1

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
18,340 battles
On 11/18/2019 at 3:55 PM, CAPTMUDDXX said:

If you like: 

Loose a lot of planes (bot travel in pack)

Flight for one minute, make one pass , get 10k damage ( maybe) get deleted scramble another squadron.....( Another minute doing nothing....)

Ending the battle with 50k.... hurray!!!! After you wait 5 minutes your last bb reach bot cv and sink her, because if you go near you get rekted by cv fighters.....

If playing cv is fun in coop this way.....:Smile_trollface:

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles
13 minutes ago, Mikebello said:

Loose a lot of planes (bot travel in pack)

Flight for one minute, make one pass , get 10k damage ( maybe) get deleted scramble another squadron.....( Another minute doing nothing....)

Ending the battle with 50k.... hurray!!!! After you wait 5 minutes your last bb reach bot cv and sink her, because if you go near you get rekted by cv fighters.....

If playing cv is fun in coop this way...

The OPs thread is a complaint about there suddenly being no BOT ally CV on the human co op team when a shoot down X number of planes mission appears. Since during prior weeks a bot CV on the human team appeared to be a normal occurrence. 

My point is that to ensure a bot CV enemy one should just use a CV. Whether they are good at CV play is irrelevant. The enemy bot CV provides the targets required to complete the mission for the entire team. I used my tier 6 IJN and USN CVs in co op and scored 12 plane kills in my first battle. Then in just a few more battles I scored the other 18. In fact in my outing to get the last 5 or so I got 35 plane kills. I am not good at CVs and only use them in co op and I had fun completing that mission in them.

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
18,340 battles
4 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

The OPs thread is a complaint about there suddenly being no BOT ally CV on the human co op team when a shoot down X number of planes mission appears. Since during prior weeks a bot CV on the human team appeared to be a normal occurrence. 

My point is that to ensure a bot CV enemy one should just use a CV. Whether they are good at CV play is irrelevant. The enemy bot CV provides the targets required to complete the mission for the entire team. I used my tier 6 IJN and USN CVs in co op and scored 12 plane kills in my first battle. Then in just a few more battles I scored the other 18. In fact in my outing to get the last 5 or so I got 35 plane kills. I am not good at CVs and only use them in co op and I had fun completing that mission in them.

I understand I have made the same.

Still playing cv is not fun in coop.

Consider you have also to do (iirc):

12000 base xp..... Dir2

50000 comm xp....dir3 or 4

I do not remember how much damage for 3 or 4.......all in cv

Is not mandatory but are some more token.....and play cv in coop......is boring

Regard

• Funny 1

[COOP2]
Members
262 posts
7,543 battles

On 11/18/2019 at 11:13 AM, Estimated_Prophet said:

This worked for me for the "shoot planes down" objective:

Right at the beginning fly straight in and keep somewhere in the center, if you are on the map "straight" were you are on one side, the bot CV will also be on that same side so just fly straight ahead. Then, when the bot CV makes a straight line run in to that squadron, drop those fighters in it's path about 5km in front (it takes a few seconds for your fighters to get into the right position) and they almost always fly right into them. You can start off with 3-4 planes shot down before anything has even happened in the match.

The bot will drop it's fighters too but it will do it too soon and you can easily steer around them.

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles
1 hour ago, Mikebello said:

Is not mandatory but are some more token.....and play cv in coop......is boring

If those few tokens are important enough to you then you will play CVs in co op battles whether you like it or not or have fun doing so or not. As you state it is not mandatory, that applies to the entire 4 weeks of any of these type events. These events, however, provide everyone regardless of ship type(s) they play to get FREE STUFF just for playing the game as they would normally play. None of a weeks directives requires every task to be completed to unlock the next week's directive. If there is a task restriction to a battle mode or ship type you don't use then feel free to pass on that task and forego the prize. That is your choice, a reasonable one by the way.

None of the requirements of any of the CV specific tasks in these directives are difficult to complete in co op whether they are fun or not is irrelevant. I am not very good at CVs so I only use them in co op and I easily completed weeks 1s tasks and am almost done with the 12000 base XP week 2 task as well as all of the week 1s other tasks and now have only a BB and Cruiser task to finish for week 2. Almost all done in co op. At the same time I completed both Midway missions for the loaner CVs, both missions for the 2 novelty Captains and the 1st 2 task of the Italian Cruiser mission.

All of that has been accomplished just by playing as I would normally. 

[WOOK3]
Members
4,214 posts
3,235 battles

You don't even need a good AA ship. I got 38 planes shot down in my Harekaze last night. Just wait for the daca daca and hit the O key

Div'ing with a CV would help

[WOLF3]
Members
27,099 posts
23,865 battles

I see a fair amount of bot CVs in Co-op.  That said, if you aren't a CV user yourself, the best bet to get aircraft kills is being in a DD.  You're the forward most ship typically, so the bot CV instantly goes for you, and you get to farm aircraft.  The only issue is it's still a roll of the dice.  The bot CV may send the aircraft against another DD because the CV spawned on a different side of the map than yours.

Like, I can be in my Shimakaze with her beyond abysmal AA.  Sometimes I spawn with the bot CV on my side of the map and I'm happily swatting planes.  Sometimes the bot CV spawns on the opposite side of the map and some other DD player gets all the kills.

Still, your chances as a Non-CV are best with a Destroyer, because Cruisers and most especially Battleships don't get the early chances for aircraft kills as easily at the start.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFG]
Members
9,634 posts
8,629 battles

Play a DD.  They'll show up in game eventually, and they will find you.

Monday I got like 12 planes.  Yesterday, like 50 (45 in one game).

They tend to show up in bunches in coop.  Nothing, nothing, nothing, then done in one or two games.

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
18,340 battles
12 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

.....co op whether they are fun or not is irrelevant.

For you.

I play this game for fun.

Cv in coop are not fun 

I will never do 12000 base xp in cv  (300 for battle) in a class I will find boring to play.

This is why there are so few cv in coop.

Probably this dot class is good in pvp....but in coop (alpha strike rule here) are very meh....

Regards

Edited by Mikebello

[WOLF3]
Members
27,099 posts
23,865 battles
8 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Play a DD.  They'll show up in game eventually, and they will find you.

Monday I got like 12 planes.  Yesterday, like 50 (45 in one game).

They tend to show up in bunches in coop.  Nothing, nothing, nothing, then done in one or two games.

Feast or Famine.  

[WOLF3]
Members
27,099 posts
23,865 battles
4 hours ago, Mikebello said:

For you.

I play this game for fun.

Cv in coop are not fun 

I will never do 12000 base xp in cv  (300 for battle) in a class I will find boring to play.

This is why there are so few cv in coop.

Probably this dot class is good in pvp....but in coop (alpha strike rule here) are very meh....

Regards

Player CVs got to work hard for theirs in co-op.  Games are often over quickly and it's very difficult to get good damage / basexps in those short games.  High tier CVs are looking at credit losses, esp the Xs, and not even tier x perma-camo will help that.  They reduce servicing costs, not aircraft losses as they fall under "ammunition."

• Cool 1

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
18,340 battles
49 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Player CVs got to work hard for theirs in co-op.  Games are often over quickly and it's very difficult to get good damage / basexps in those short games.  High tier CVs are looking at credit losses, esp the Xs, and not even tier x perma-camo will help that.  They reduce servicing costs, not aircraft losses as they fall under "ammunition."

I sold all cv.

I kept 3 tier 8....premium.

I use them "only" if there are doable missions.

Doing 500.000 k damage directive 4 means , for me, at least play 10 battles in a class not very fun....quite always in tier 10 battles with super bot pack AA.....

If you can do one pass....you loose all planes

Doing slingshot? Very very real.

All cv do this in real life :Smile_trollface:

Yes I know is just a game but dropping 8km before to be immune......is stupid.

Imho