Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nutaz

Upcoming Schedule

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

194
[TAZ]
Members
765 posts

In the past WG released an upcoming schedule for 0.9.0-11, I know RN Heavies are on the horizon, but what else?  When will the schedule be released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,940
[ARGSY]
Members
19,977 posts
14,258 battles
12 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

In the past WG released an upcoming schedule for 0.9.0-11,

Did they? Or was it just somebody's wild guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,249
[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,091 posts
4,071 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Did they? Or was it just somebody's wild guess?

To be fair, any prediction before announcements are usually just wild guesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194
[TAZ]
Members
765 posts
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Did they? Or was it just somebody's wild guess?

I stand corrected with regards to what is typed.  I meant for this current year and last year the Devs released a production schedule which listed line releases as well as event releases by the respective update number. That is what I am looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,940
[ARGSY]
Members
19,977 posts
14,258 battles
1 minute ago, Nutaz said:

I meant for this current year and last year the Devs released a production schedule

Link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194
[TAZ]
Members
765 posts

That's the problem, I cannot find the current schedule (0.8.0.0-11) after I deleted it a month ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,310
[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,406 battles
43 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

When will the schedule be released?

Don't get your hopes up, nor be the least bit concerned about such stuff and you wont be disappointed when the time comes.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,568
[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
1 hour ago, Nutaz said:

In the past WG released an upcoming schedule for 0.9.0-11, I know RN Heavies are on the horizon, but what else?  When will the schedule be released?

 

47 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Did they? Or was it just somebody's wild guess?

 

33 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

I stand corrected with regards to what is typed.  I meant for this current year and last year the Devs released a production schedule which listed line releases as well as event releases by the respective update number. That is what I am looking for.

I firmly believe that was player speculation. WG released a teaser video with hints of what was coming IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Developers
428 posts
63 battles

We released rough schedule for clan and ranked battles, but havent made any announcements about more upcoming lines since UK CA.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[USNR]
Members
297 posts
3,786 battles
2 hours ago, Nutaz said:

In the past WG released an upcoming schedule for 0.9.0-11, I know RN Heavies are on the horizon, but what else?  When will the schedule be released?

Russian Heavies? More cruisers? Moskva is already pretty chonk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,480
[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,084 battles

Well, let's speculate and figure out what major holes there are to fill in the tech trees:

  • Italian destroyers
  • Italian battleships
  • French aircraft carriers
  • Sub-line of aircraft carriers for Japan/USA/British
  • British heavy cruisers (announced)
  • Submarines for most major nations
  • Pan-European tech trees
  • Pan-American tech trees
  • American battleship sub-branch
  • Japanese light cruiser sub-branch
  • Destroyer escorts (if submarines are successfully implemented)
  • WWI-era battlecruisers

Now, a lot of these are just guesses at potential content additions, and can be debated if full branches are feasible or not.  But in some way or another, they could all be implemented at some point to keep new content added to the game for the long-term.

As for what's next?  It would be great to see WG flush out all of the existing tech trees for the major nations before opening up new avenues of content.  Considering premiums already exist for Italian destroyers and battleships, one of those can be expected to likely show up in 2020 (after British heavy cruisers and submarines).  After that is pretty much anyone's guess.

It would also be cool to see WG re-do 'Arc' type events for older tech tree lines (ie: Japanese cruisers, American destroyers, etc) per @Edgecase's suggestion.  Would not only help with newer players who may be considering these lines to start with, or entice veteran players to revisit those lines as well.  New content is great and all, but it doesn't mean the older content should be neglected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,568
[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Well, let's speculate and figure out what major holes there are to fill in the tech trees:

  • Italian destroyers
  • Italian battleships
  • French aircraft carriers
  • Sub-line of aircraft carriers for Japan/USA/British
  • British heavy cruisers (announced)
  • Submarines for most major nations
  • Pan-European tech trees
  • Pan-American tech trees
  • American battleship sub-branch
  • Japanese light cruiser sub-branch
  • Destroyer escorts (if submarines are successfully implemented)
  • WWI-era battlecruisers

Now, a lot of these are just guesses at potential content additions, and can be debated if full branches are feasible or not.  But in some way or another, they could all be implemented at some point to keep new content added to the game for the long-term.

As for what's next?  It would be great to see WG flush out all of the existing tech trees for the major nations before opening up new avenues of content.  Considering premiums already exist for Italian destroyers and battleships, one of those can be expected to likely show up in 2020 (after British heavy cruisers and submarines).  After that is pretty much anyone's guess.

It would also be cool to see WG re-do 'Arc' type events for older tech tree lines (ie: Japanese cruisers, American destroyers, etc) per @Edgecase's suggestion.  Would not only help with newer players who may be considering these lines to start with, or entice veteran players to revisit those lines as well.  New content is great and all, but it doesn't mean the older content should be neglected.

You forgot the Commonwealth DD tree proposed by LWM.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[1984]
Members
47 posts
7,541 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Well, let's speculate and figure out what major holes there are to fill in the tech trees:

  • Italian destroyers
  • Italian battleships
  • French aircraft carriers
  • Sub-line of aircraft carriers for Japan/USA/British
  • British heavy cruisers (announced)
  • Submarines for most major nations
  • Pan-European tech trees
  • Pan-American tech trees
  • American battleship sub-branch
  • Japanese light cruiser sub-branch
  • Destroyer escorts (if submarines are successfully implemented)
  • WWI-era battlecruisers

Now, a lot of these are just guesses at potential content additions, and can be debated if full branches are feasible or not.  But in some way or another, they could all be implemented at some point to keep new content added to the game for the long-term.

As for what's next?  It would be great to see WG flush out all of the existing tech trees for the major nations before opening up new avenues of content.  Considering premiums already exist for Italian destroyers and battleships, one of those can be expected to likely show up in 2020 (after British heavy cruisers and submarines).  After that is pretty much anyone's guess.

It would also be cool to see WG re-do 'Arc' type events for older tech tree lines (ie: Japanese cruisers, American destroyers, etc) per @Edgecase's suggestion.  Would not only help with newer players who may be considering these lines to start with, or entice veteran players to revisit those lines as well.  New content is great and all, but it doesn't mean the older content should be neglected.

If the Italian battleships and destroyers are as bad as the Italian cruisers they should just cancel those projects now.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
3 hours ago, Umbaretz said:

We released rough schedule for clan and ranked battles, but havent made any announcements about more upcoming lines since UK CA.

Any word on when subs are getting added into the live game? Even rough estimates like First or second half of this coming year, or I guess I should ask if we will even have subs by next year even?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,568
[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Any word on when subs are getting added into the live game? Even rough estimates like First or second half of this coming year, or I guess I should ask if we will even have subs by next year even?

WG is just into closed testing. First half of next year at the earliest. Maybe later. SoonTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
415 posts
23,942 battles
3 hours ago, Umbaretz said:

We released rough schedule for clan and ranked battles, but havent made any announcements about more upcoming lines since UK CA.

where can i find the schedule ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

WG is just into closed testing. First half of next year at the earliest. Maybe later. SoonTM

Yeah figured it would not be by Christmas this year, but when ever they do get added at least enough of us should have plenty of DDs and CAs on hand to deal with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[TOG]
Members
16 posts
5,886 battles
5 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Don't get your hopes up, nor be the least bit concerned about such stuff and you wont be disappointed when the time comes.

Sage advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
295
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,072 posts
3,865 battles
2 hours ago, CageyBee1954 said:

If the Italian battleships and destroyers are as bad as the Italian cruisers they should just cancel those projects now.

Not if the BBs are similar to Giulio Cesare or even Roma...if so, carry on!  Also, I don't have one to know firsthand, but the T8-10 cruisers sound decent at this point, from the reviews and videos I've come across.  Anything below that should be skipped if possible...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,582 posts
12,928 battles
1 hour ago, Nutaz said:

Found It.  This is what I was referring to

Schedule.png.b86a7f727db1fb7b5e788553e59d384e.png

If I recall correctly, that was at some yearly conference. You'll have to wait till next year to see something like that.   Edit: Incorrect, note posts below. 

Edited by Rollingonit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,568
[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
1 hour ago, Nutaz said:

Do not remember where I received this from ,but here it is

Schedule.png

I'm 99% positive that was fan speculation based on something they heard IIRC. It also doesn't match up with what actually happened.

 

WG plans way in advance. I'm sure they know what they plan on doing in each patch for 2020, but they don't release things in the dev blog until a patch or two before they go live. And even then the Dev blog info is subject to change. 

 

Right now, Steel is coming 8.11, probably along with Santa boxes. UK Cruisers are on the way and will probably be released in the first few patches in 2020. Evidently in a UK event, likely with early access CAs. Sub are still in closed testing, so the earliest I think they will appear is after the UK cruisers and before June. I think it is more likely they will appear later in the year unless closed testing is fabulous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,582 posts
12,928 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm 99% positive that was fan speculation based on something they heard IIRC. It also doesn't match up with what actually happened.

Yah Kiz is right.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/164642-wows-roadmap-2018-2020-maybe/

Edited by Rollingonit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×