You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
franz_von_goltz

Missing consumable - Survive matters!

6 comments in this topic

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,202 posts
5,584 battles

One of the most important things in World of Warships is to stay alive. Too many players don't care, their ship is dunked, they leave the battle and queue for the next one.

There are a lot of consumables in this game, some infinite like shells and torps, some available in limited quantities like smoke, radar, etc

The ships themselves are in fact consumables, players can play and play the same ship. Captains are somehow consumables too, they die, resurrect, die and so on... Kind of reincarnation.

One of the most important, and maybe the most important consumable in a war are men.

I propose then, like captains, a crew consumable can be imagined, like captains, they have skills... And they would also have a "morale" variable. The longer they survive, the more morale is high when they resurrect.

And after all, the game is about steel castles, the men who cammanded them... Why not remember the ones who operate them? 

[WOLFG]
Members
28,891 posts
8,143 battles
9 hours ago, franz_von_goltz said:

One of the most important things in World of Warships is to stay alive. Too many players....

....think it's the most important thing, to the point of doing their utmost to avoid being noticed or shot at by the enemy.

It's not a bad idea, but as with most such ideas, it really only works if everybody has the same outlook and motivations as the person who proposed it.

[NSEW]
Members
1,853 posts
10,653 battles
6 hours ago, Skpstr said:

It's not a bad idea, but as with most such ideas, it really only works if everybody has the same outlook and motivations as the person who proposed it.

"Honey, I have a headache"

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,891 posts
8,143 battles
8 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

"Honey, I have a headache"

"Ok, I'll just wait until you're fast asleep then" :Smile_teethhappy:

[MHG]
Members
102 posts
21,724 battles

Under your model, the last ship(s) on the losing side has an incentive to run to the corner of the map to wait out the timer and improve the morale of their crew.  The winning side might be happy to let them go, so that their morale would also be higher next match.  The idea s presented is not a good one.