Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cavalry59

error in handing out penalties

13 comments in this topic

[AR15]
Members
1 post
17,944 battles

Have been given 32 penalties due to the fact that the game has kicked me out.  I have used 2 different wifi outlets and still this is happening.   Now I can't play anything but coop.  How can I get this fixed?

• Funny 1

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,943 posts
15,451 battles
17 minutes ago, cavalry59 said:

How can I get this fixed?

So the Wifi signal is weak from the outlet

Options 1: Wifi signal booster - you can buy this

Options 2: buy an Ethernet cable, stick it in the outlet and hook it up in your computer

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

Yes, the simple fix is to stop using wifi. If that is not an option I would suggest upgrading your wifi.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,740 posts

Is this your own home wireless router connected to a cable or other hardline modem -- or some public or cellular networks "wifi" service?

Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles

I always suggest anyone intending to play games online hardwire the computer(s) they intend to use into their modem/router. WIFI, no matter how "fast" it may be within your home network, is always, in every home, prone to constant split second disconnects. As soon as you're out of sync with the game server, problems arise, and WG's servers are among the worst for people getting out of sync, because each and every time, they want to re-authenticate the user. Combine this with how long it takes to both load into the game proper, and then into a match, and you have players stuck in co-op due to "afk penalties." it isn't right, but it's how it is.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles
2 hours ago, cavalry59 said:

Have been given 32 penalties due to the fact that the game has kicked me out.

The game did not kick you out. If you got disconnected the problem is anywhere in the path between your computer and your internet access equipment and the server. The fix is up to you. If you have anything running other than the game turn it off.

• Boring 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

Wifi CAN be reliable, MOST is not.  Even today you can go buy a "new" router that's got a 10 year old chipset in it that started the whole craze of "reboot the router". 

On top of that 99% of routers owned by people cannot contend with devices, particularly iCrap that loves to get on wifi, go into low power state mode at 1Mb and then pass data killing the wifi.  You need BOTH a quality router AND a quality wifi adapter and it can work 100% trouble free.

[WORX]
Members
10,767 posts
18,591 battles
3 hours ago, cavalry59 said:

Have been given 32 penalties due to the fact that the game has kicked me out. My wifi sucks and I dont even try to log back in before the match ends. I have used 2 different wifi outlets and still this is happening.   How can I get this fixed? 

FiFY

Few points...

1. You would've gotten zero penalties if you "tried" to get back in...
  2. Wifi is not the best type of connection for gaming so I recommend what others have suggested
    • Get a Wifi signal booster  OR
    • Use the correct cat eithernet cable to bypass wifi and go straight from the source.

I hope this helps.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,740 posts
27 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Wifi CAN be reliable, MOST is not.  Even today you can go buy a "new" router that's got a 10 year old chipset in it that started the whole craze of "reboot the router". 

On top of that 99% of routers owned by people cannot contend with devices, particularly iCrap that loves to get on wifi, go into low power state mode at 1Mb and then pass data killing the wifi.  You need BOTH a quality router AND a quality wifi adapter and it can work 100% trouble free.

Yes -- if any adapter you're using has power saving settings, turn them the hell off, disable low power and power down modes.  IME, those power saving modes will kick in right at the worst moment.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles
30 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Yes -- if any adapter you're using has power saving settings, turn them the hell off, disable low power and power down modes.  IME, those power saving modes will kick in right at the worst moment.

The issue is other devices that kill the wifi.  If iphone or iwatch drops into low power and starts passing data, it kills the wifi (with a majority of routers, certainly MOST 3yrs old and older)

Sign in to follow this