You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Neustrashimy is similar to Friesland in a wierd way (and yet super different obviously)

29 comments in this topic

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,815 battles

I happened to play both in a short period of time, I realized how similar they feel. Both have two 360deg turrets, feel like they have the same speed and similar turning radius. Neustra turns slightly wider, 700m vs 620.

Even the shells seem to light a similar amount of fires, Neustra just shoots slower... even with a gun build. BUT, you have those occasional torps to rely on, and 3 zombie heals. 25mm of pen if you pick IFHE (and speed boost), Friesland doesn't have speed boost. I pick demo expert over iFHE on Neustra. You burn stuff more then you'd think for a slow DPM gunship. Both are good at shooting planes down.

I RARELY ever see anyone play Neustrashimy, should it be buffed a tad to get people more interested? The only buff's I'd give it would be a slight tightening of the gun dispersion and torpedo spreads to give it a little more effective DPM at the periphery of the gun/torp ranges.

Seems like me and @Destroyer_KuroshioKai are the only ones who play it occasionally. I'm exaggerating, but I swear I've only seen someone play it maybe once or twice in the last 6 months.

EJ

Edited by HorrorRoach

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,815 battles

I felt compelled to write this, because people seem to fawn over the Friesland... Yet no one ever talks about Neustrashimy. Friesland isn't that much better honestly. You can smoke up and shoot stuff in Neustra too.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,194 posts
19,055 battles
9 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

people seem to fawn over the Friesland

I'unno, most threads seem to be about how <insert ship here> is so much better because <insert reason here>.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,776 battles

I think that the fact it's a steel ship with some solid competition with other steel ships makes it less likely to be obtained by most.

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,815 battles

I think the winrate is only that high because of late game survivability combined with the good player bias.

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,422 posts
13,458 battles
35 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

I felt compelled to write this, because people seem to fawn over the Friesland... Yet no one ever talks about Neustrashimy. Friesland isn't that much better honestly. You can smoke up and shoot stuff in Neustra too.

The simple fact is players mostly only look at paper stats when deciding if a ship is good.  Often times that can work when a ship does not have any unusual abilities.  The last T9 Ranked season was a good example of this.  Players raved how good Kitakaze was, and she is a very strong ship.  She has on paper great DPM, good HP, ok maneuverability, and great concealment and torps.  Compare than to Neustrashimy that has ok DPM with a gun build, excellent concealment, great torps, and the potential for more 50k HP.  If played correctly using the repairs fully, a Neustrashimy will have more DPM over the course of its life span compared to Kitakaze.  This is simply due to having so much more HP to throw at problems.

Do not buff Neustrashimy.  That ship is OP as [edited] right now, she has too many ways to win games.  You can out spot most DDs, force them into fights while you have support and force them to smoke because no DD can match your tanking potential.  Another game winner is using your repair as a near immunity period to do big moves.  I did this time and again to 1v1 enemy DDs and it paid off.  I won a ton of games baiting players into fights thinking I was low HP when I could repair 7k or more very quickly.

Some of the hits from that season:

My apologies, these videos arent my usual standards, I had a bout of ebola during that season, but it shows off how strong the ship is, and why I think its the strongest T9 DD in the game.

Edited by Destroyer_KuroshioKai
  • Cool 3

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,815 battles
42 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

The simple fact is players mostly only look at paper stats when deciding if a ship is good.  Often times that can work when a ship does not have any unusual abilities.  The last T9 Ranked season was a good example of this.  Players raved how good Kitakaze was, and she is a very strong ship.  She has on paper great DPM, good HP, ok maneuverability, and great concealment and torps.  Compare than to Neustrashimy that has ok DPM with a gun build, excellent concealment, great torps, and the potential for more 50k HP.  If played correctly using the repairs fully, a Neustrashimy will have more DPM over the course of its life span compared to Kitakaze.  This is simply due to having so much more HP to throw at problems.

Do not buff Neustrashimy.  That ship is OP as [edited] right now, she has too many ways to win games.  You can out spot most DDs, force them into fights while you have support and force them to smoke because no DD can match your tanking potential.  Another game winner is using your repair as a near immunity period to do big moves.  I did this time and again to 1v1 enemy DDs and it paid off.  I won a ton of games baiting players into fights thinking I was low HP when I could repair 7k or more very quickly.

Some of the hits from that season:

TO use the Microwave analogy:

Benham= Power level 10 for 45 seconds

Mogador= Power level 11 for 60 seconds]

Neustrashimy= Power level 7.5 for 160s

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
667 posts
13,725 battles

I've wanted this ship from the get go. I have well over enough resources to buy it. I stop by in the shop at look at it and let my finger itch still not to buy. T9 uggggg…. It's useless for any game mode except up-tier. Way more buyable DDs out there as well as other ships with steel. And I haven't bought those. If only they would put one into a Santa crate :Smile_hiding: 

Members
4,318 posts
4,594 battles

I mean i've wanted a neustrashimy day 1, but lack the steel. If I was really serious about it though I could have focused on ranking out or join a clan, but eh. My loss really. 

[CAP]
Members
342 posts
15,195 battles
1 hour ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Comes down to this. Neust is not worth the investment of steel compared to what else is available. 

What Steel ship is "worth" the tons of steel?

[NFJF]
Members
654 posts
9,903 battles
45 minutes ago, Jitta77 said:

I finally got the Bourgogne last month. I think she was well worth the Steel!

[THREE]
Members
2,142 posts
10,912 battles
2 hours ago, Jitta77 said:

While the "value" of steel is debatable, neustrashimy's capabilities, utilities, and uniqueness is lackluster compared to the other offerings in the armory, even in the tech tree.

"Bang for buck..."

[SIM]
Members
4,943 posts
8,026 battles

I'd love to have her, but Ranked is my only chance at Steel, and I only really started playing it earlier this year.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,719 posts
12,638 battles
10 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

The simple fact is players mostly only look at paper stats when deciding if a ship is good. 

Pretty much, like how people say "French DDs are good DD hunters". Why do they say that? Because WG told them so and they see numbers that make that seem plausible. Meanwhile, in game, you see French DDs hunting CVs more often than DDs.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,945 battles

Neustrashimy is... ok...

Is a good ship, have an interessing heal, but its just... ok...

giphy.gif

Friesland in other side is fun to play (cause pew pew pew fast is fun)

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,422 posts
13,458 battles
10 minutes ago, misanthrope0 said:

May be because they jacked the steel cost up 25% compared to the Black?

Maybe you have that wrong.  Black was a reward ship for ranking out 5 times and had to be priced accordingly.  Neustrashimy is the true cost of a Steel T9 DD.

[BS]
Members
1,979 posts
10,815 battles
On 11/17/2019 at 2:32 PM, pewpewpew42 said:

Nope! She's an overpowered ship as-is if you've got a pulse, and the lack of interest is fine.

exaggeration, her torp and gun DPM are T8 levels... It's only the zombie heal that makes it mildly "OP." That lackluster DPM is what prevents unicums from having 2-300k games in it frequently like the Smolensk. I miss the old flooding mechanics.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,151 posts
7,357 battles
4 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Black was a reward ship for ranking out 5 times and had to be priced accordingly.  Neustrashimy is the true cost of a Steel T9 DD.

Says who? Other than WG decided to do it prove it's not arbitrary. You also missed the point there is probably less of them due to the cost either they want it but having trouble getting the steel or they think their steel could be spent better on something other than a DD.