You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Laurpal

Chapayev is useless against Tier X BBs

19 comments in this topic

[1KR]
Members
50 posts
13,574 battles

ever get 14 NON PENETRATIONS in a row without starting a fire when attacking a tier 10 Battleship. Chapayev is useless against Tier X BBs , then someone screams you need IFHE, well my 19pt caption has no room for it.  Well aim for the super structure, and your like well what do you think I have been hitting, then the obvious oh its RNG for you. NO this cruise with its POWERFUL artillery is crap vs. Tier X bbs.

• Boring 1

[-KIA-]
Members
118 posts
8,287 battles
29 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Your 19 point captain has room for it.

image.thumb.png.f3859c382d2d6268e64791101ed54d4b.png

Reported for being rude.

Your build sucks.

Image result for Mong meme

Edited by Padoru_
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 2

[O7]
Members
666 posts
9,728 battles

OP is right why should i have to reset my captain skills in order for my ship to work verse other ships? chappy needs to be buffed to penetrate every tier 10 bb without ifhe and set fires every shell hit!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SPTR]
Members
26,989 posts
14,908 battles

Until you get ifhe on your t8 CL, try not ask or piss off a T10 red BB that you want to fight them, unless it is absolutely necessary.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,107 posts
2 hours ago, Laurpal said:

ever get 14 NON PENETRATIONS in a row without starting a fire when attacking a tier 10 Battleship. Chapayev is useless against Tier X BBs , then someone screams you need IFHE, well my 19pt caption has no room for it.  Well aim for the super structure, and your like well what do you think I have been hitting, then the obvious oh its RNG for you. NO this cruise with its POWERFUL artillery is crap vs. Tier X bbs.

Then make room for it. IFHE makes a world of difference. To be honest though, if you annoy a tier ten battleship, you should lube well beforehand, or else it's bite the pillow time.

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,449 posts
33,219 battles

I do decently in Chapayev with IFHE which is a must for any light cruiser.

Granted, when a Montana or Yamato gets annoyed with your pinpricks they can blap you at any angle, but then they are two tiers higher BBs.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,879 posts
5,814 battles

If your T8 CL build doesn't have room for IFHE, then you are using the wrong build. Reset your skills can MAKE room for IFHE.

Like it or not, IFHE is mandatory on CLs from tier 7 upwards, where they will regularly face BBs with 32mm bow/stern/upper deck armour. Damage drops off a cliff without it, and life is so much easier with it. Shooting only the superstructure can only get you so far  before it becomes damage saturated. And some high tier BBs have rather small superstructure like Izumo, so hitting it in the first place is in itself a challenge.

If you refuse to use a tool - IFHE - which is already there to make penning BBs easier, it's not the ship, or Wargaming. It's you and your own choice of captain skills. If your Chappy can't pen a T10 BB, you reap what you sow.

[PISD]
Members
651 posts
4,334 battles
15 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

If your T8 CL build doesn't have room for IFHE, then you are using the wrong build. Reset your skills can MAKE room for IFHE.

Like it or not, IFHE is mandatory on CLs from tier 7 upwards, where they will regularly face BBs with 32mm bow/stern/upper deck armour. 

Laugh in royal navy CL.

then cry because you don’t have HE at all.

• Funny 2

[FU8AR]
Alpha Tester
479 posts
4,641 battles

Next the guy will complain his M41 Bulldog's gun keeps bouncing on the sides of a Maus.

If you are in a CL and taking on a two tier higher BB, you will have a bad day.  And Russian Bias can't carry you.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,775 posts
11,096 battles

A Chap has 12x 152 mm guns with /6 HE pen meaning it punches through 25 mm of armour WITHOUT IFHE. There is no battleship in game that I know of with a 26 mm super structure. So you aren't hitting the superstructure with those rounds, your hitting the deck, guns, side protection, and maybe the conning tower/armoured bridge, whatever else has more than 25 mm of protection. I'd also have to ask how many guns are you firing to get 14 shatters. While 3 is obviously an option more typically angles allow 2 or 4 - 3 salvo's from 2 would be 18 rounds meaning your getting good hits bit not accurate ones and 4 would mean 24 but only about 50% accuracy which really means we need to talk about your aim depending on range - though aim clearly needs improving anyway, and possibly tactics. 

If you are getting that many no pens - your not hitting superstructure and need to work on your aim - period. If your not going to use IFHEasy mode - your aim needs to be extremely good. Otherwise, I can only imagine what 19 point build you used that lacks IFHE and if you are having that much trouble - maybe you should reconsider. You can also out-shoot a tier 10 BB - between their shots you should be angling to try and get at least a couple salvo's of all 12 guns on them for more hits and potential fires. 14 hits is not much and even if you treat the fire chance as an average - that would have been maybe 1 fire with a chance of two, which would have been extinguished in no time. Also - you are a light cruiser, forget the fact one 2 tiers lower, you should only be attacking a BB when you have to, cruisers are not meant to be BB killers, other than IJN with their long range torpedoes and that's kind of the main lines thing for all types (the gunboat line being an exception). 

From what little you've given us, sorry to say it's the player, not the ship.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,879 posts
5,814 battles
2 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

Laugh in royal navy CL.

then cry because you don’t have HE at all.

Oh believe me, of the RN CLs I only play Belfast a lot for a reason.:Smile_sad:

[O7]
Members
666 posts
9,728 battles

op seems like one of those guys that likes to hit a nail with a banana because using a hammer is too easy and logical

• Funny 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,581 posts
12,585 battles

Nah, don't respec into IFHE; just keep whining. It will totally get better. 

EDIT: Take SE while you're at it; could be the difference between surviving a couple cits and not.

Edited by pikohan
  • Funny 1

[-TXT-]
Members
120 posts
6,287 battles

T8 routinely gets up-tiered and you refuse to use a great tool that will allow you to pen more reliably when you face TX ships, someone needs to reevaluate their choices.  The Chapayev is a fantastic ship, with great gun handling and can stealth radar, and you think it needs buffs.

MonkaS

Members
1,279 posts
On 11/17/2019 at 1:25 AM, Laurpal said:

NO this cruise with its POWERFUL artillery is crap vs. Tier X bbs.

the Chappy is a monster, and you are not supposed to attack BB. Clearing  DD and CA/CL all around, is your function. It is true that the Chappy is squishy (as all the others VMF CL),  turns as a brick, not good to dodge incoming fire and exhibit a panoramic citadel (VMF CL feature) that CA/BB adore hitting. You may suffer if you battle within 15 km of  same tier BB, it will be a disaster to meet a higher tier BB. Kyte, always kyte with the Chappy...

Edited by loco_max