You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Netrider

Friesland Ifhe yes or not ? What you guys recommend for captain build

9 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,773 battles

Personally, I just throw my Blyskawica captain into my Friesland.  Not a perfect captain, but it's OK for now.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
2,993 posts
21,957 battles

Some folks run it on Blys because it gets HE pen up to 25mm, useful against cruisers at the tiers it sees, putting it on Friesland will do the same because its the same gun caliber.  

Friesland will see some cruisers with more than 25mm  bow/deck armor, so IFHE wont help with them, but it will still pen the bulk of what it faces. 

I didnt put IFHE on my Blys captain, but am considering it. 

Edited by Pugilistic

[SYN]
Members
8,236 posts
13,957 battles

No to IFHE for two reasons.

1) The guns don't really benefit from the extra pen

2) Friesland is all about that DOT, so losing fire chance no good.

Here is my build. https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,8,12,18,20,23,25,28&ship=Destroyer

• Cool 2

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,170 battles

When I tried her while I was a pumpkin I leveraged fire chance, RoF and radio location to obliterate a kleber in the opening minutes with some sneaky use of smoke to poke out and spot/shoot when they were out in the open a couple times. Good ship for starting fires and murdering lolibotes. Like most DDs, doesn't get enough out of IFHE to be worth the investment in my book.

[UTWE]
Members
358 posts
5,919 battles

I don't find it's necessary. My build is PT, LS, SE, SI, BFT, DE, CE, but even CE isn't that vital, I try to cap in it usually because the cappers of the game like Gearing's, Shima's and Z52's always go wide and are useless. However if you don't cap then you can get away with using AFT instead of CE.