You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Any News on Hayate?

16 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
11,295 posts
12,715 battles

Have seen IJN DD Hayate sitting in the Wiki for a long time now, and there was talk of the DD months ago, but not really heard any thing recently about it? It’s stats compare favorably with those of Gearing which makes it a rather appealing DD for my needs in a tier X DD. Hopefully it comes with a torpedo Reload Booster option as replacement for smoke option on it as I really like that on Kagero, Harekaze, and Yugumo, and we need another high tier IJN torpedo boat in the game, particularly one that comes with decent AA.

So my questions is there any word on ETA or what currency it will be available with? 1 million Free XP, hefty coal price, or even steel are all most acceptable methods of payment for a DD like that. :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Supertester
2,227 posts
21,372 battles

They wont system the info

They never do.

So, hate to say it, but "Soon".

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,351 posts
18,160 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Have seen IJN DD Hayate sitting in the Wiki for a long time now, and there was talk of the DD months ago, but not really heard any thing recently about it? It’s stats compare favorably with those of Gearing which makes it a rather appealing DD for my needs in a tier X DD. Hopefully it comes with a torpedo Reload Booster option as replacement for smoke option on it as I really like that on Kagero, Harekaze, and Yugumo, and we need another high tier IJN torpedo boat in the game, particularly one that comes with decent AA.

So my questions is there any word on ETA or what currency it will be available with? 1 million Free XP, hefty coal price, or even steel are all most acceptable methods of payment for a DD like that. :fish_cute_2:

My guess is research Bureau ship.

[RKLES]
Members
11,295 posts
12,715 battles

Out of curiosity ran the math to compare Hayate as torpedo boat to Gearing with torpedo focused builders many of their stats are rather similar. Hayate beats out the Gearing in terms of raw torpedo damage per battle, but I have to wonder if in practice Gearing will be ahead in damage dealt / ships sunk.

Gearing vs  Hayate

Gearing has:

faster turret traverse

potentially longer ranged torpedoes

faster base torpedo reload speed

better smoke screens

faster gun reload

better concealment

100+ torpedoes in a battle with potential damage of 1,790,000.

Hayate has:

Premium status so costs less to run

more HP

1 knt added to top speed

harder hitting torpedoes

longer ranged torpedoes than Gearing’s stock torpedoes

faster torpedo running speed

can launch 20 torpedoes within seconds.

Without Torpedo Reload Booster 80+ torpedoes in a battle with potential damage of 1,901,360.

With reload booster 120+ torpedoes in a battle with potential damage of 2,852,040.

[RKLES]
Members
11,295 posts
12,715 battles
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

My guess is research Bureau ship.

Oh don’t even think about suggesting that idea! 

[THREE]
Members
2,210 posts
11,724 battles
On 11/16/2019 at 5:14 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Oh don’t even think about suggesting that idea! 

Hey

IJN Hayate is mentioned as a reward ship in the "Save the Children" fundraiser, however that's supposed to work.  Like usual not much is communicated given the recent fiasco's with the event and the on-going P.R. mess.

Pete

[RKLES]
Members
11,295 posts
12,715 battles
1 hour ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

IJN Hayate is mentioned as a reward ship in the "Save the Children" fundraiser, however that's supposed to work.  Like usual not much is communicated given the recent fiasco's with the event and the on-going P.R. mess.

Pete

That’s not a good sign then, I can think of a World of Tanks Blitz fiasco regarding a tier X premium tank that was given out, mistakes made, controversy, confusion, etc. And anger over that spilled into a Blitz forum thread that stayed very active from Christmas December 2016 until couple years later. PR event being as it is, having the CV rework to start out 2019 with, CVs back in Ranked, and a few other minor missteps by Wargaming, the last thing they need is a DD on par with Gearing and Shimakaze in strength and effectiveness getting out in a controversial manner. Hayate according to the wiki stats and after some careful comparisons I did stat by stat, Hayate should have good longevity just as Gearing and Shima have enjoyed. And that longevity would only keep the flames of anger alive.

So the best thing to do would be to release Hayate in a reasonable manner into the armory or as a Free XP ship so that it would be a sign of normal and favorable running of the game in the eyes of the player base, and would appease at least some of the player base. Plus would be a start towards moving past PR and could let WG sort of sweep their PR mistakes under the rug.

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,680 posts

I've seen whispers and mentions of her, I can't go into details but she's far from forgotten

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,194 posts
6,140 battles

Fortunately since players are voting on how she'll be released I feel that there's a good chance she'll be either a coal or Free XP ship. At least that's what I presume most players would vote for.

[THREE]
Members
2,210 posts
11,724 battles

Hey

They did have the recent poll on Hayate on how it should be released but will they honor the poll, and what was the real result of the poll.  As for when it will be released, who knows.

Pete

[RKLES]
Members
11,295 posts
12,715 battles
3 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

They did have the recent poll on Hayate on how it should be released but will they honor the poll, and what was the real result of the poll.  As for when it will be released, who knows.

Pete

Based on recent news of Hayate I would expect it to be released in the next update or the update after that.

[THREE]
Members
2,210 posts
11,724 battles
11 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Based on recent news of Hayate I would expect it to be released in the next update or the update after that.

Hey

I thought maybe it would be a good free XP ship since it's been a while, BUT, I doubt that will happen since it's T10.  My guess would be a steal ship being T10.  I just hope they make it decent and not like a Yudachi (which could be easy to fix if they so wanted).

Pete

[RKLES]
Members
11,295 posts
12,715 battles
44 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

I thought maybe it would be a good free XP ship since it's been a while, BUT, I doubt that will happen since it's T10.  My guess would be a steal ship being T10.  I just hope they make it decent and not like a Yudachi (which could be easy to fix if they so wanted).

Pete

Actually the power level of Hayate seems to favor Coal as most Steel ship while strong typically have have some major flaws to them unlike Coal ships which tend to be more balanced in their abilities.

[TROLO]
Members
541 posts
9,266 battles
On 12/20/2019 at 9:01 AM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

That’s not a good sign then, I can think of a World of Tanks Blitz fiasco regarding a tier X premium tank that was given out, mistakes made, controversy, confusion, etc

Oh I thought I was the only one around that knew about the M60 fiasco... Nice to see more people who have played WoT Blitz for so long! :cap_like:

By the way, what did you get on the "free" big box this year? I got a Hellsing that already had :fish_boom:

3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Actually the power level of Hayate seems to favor Coal as most Steel ship while strong typically have have some major flaws to them unlike Coal ships which tend to be more balanced in their abilities.

That is usually true although Smolensk and Georgia exist... Sadly Hayate will probably get released next patch without the concealment buff that everyone and their mother asked for... I got the feeling that the poor thing will end up like Yukikaze, good concept and idea but awful implementation 

[RKLES]
Members
11,295 posts
12,715 battles
23 minutes ago, XurMP said:

Oh I thought I was the only one around that knew about the M60 fiasco... Nice to see more people who have played WoT Blitz for so long! :cap_like:

By the way, what did you get on the "free" big box this year? I got a Hellsing that already had :fish_boom:

That is usually true although Smolensk and Georgia exist... Sadly Hayate will probably get released next patch without the concealment buff that everyone and their mother asked for... I got the feeling that the poor thing will end up like Yukikaze, good concept and idea but awful implementation 

Oh yeah I was around in WOT Blitz ever since December of 2014, although I go by the name BobaFett_56 in WOT Blitz as that’s a separate account that fits tanks better just as my name fits Warships better. If you want to be impressed try looking up my WOT Blitz name and see the battles I have logged, hit ration, awards, tanks, etc.

And that M60 was certainly a legendary fiasco lol. Not gotten the snow globe yet to get a crate to get one of those random tanks, but hoping for them Gravedigger.

Hayate could always be buffed post release, although it might take a while for that to happen as evidenced by WOTB premium tanks that have been buffed over the years. So Hayate based on its stats might be good for Co-OP, Randoms, possibly Ranked, but not sure yet if it will be ok for Clan Battles with the worse concealment than it’s rival torpedo DDs. But nevertheless I am absolutely excited to finally have an X IJN DD with torpedo reload booster that I absolutely love using on Kagero, Harekaze, and Yugumo which enemy ships typically never seem to see coming.

Oh by the way if your ever having a miserable time in WOWS with MM, jump over to WOTB and you likely will have great MM, hilarious how the MM often is opposite between the games, well at least for me anyway. Or maybe it’s the fact I can sharp shoot in tanks and have my armor bounce shell after shell of poorly aimed enemy shells during weekends or other such bad player heavy times.

[TROLO]
Members
541 posts
9,266 battles
14 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Oh yeah I was around in WOT Blitz ever since December of 2014, although I go by the name BobaFett_56 in WOT Blitz as that’s a separate account that fits tanks better just as my name fits Warships better. If you want to be impressed try looking up my WOT Blitz name and see the battles I have logged, hit ration, awards, tanks, etc.

Holy moly you must love the Maus and Jagdtiger... I mean, cannot blame you. Maus was my first tier 10 and to this day still my favourite to play with Jagdtiger is just amazing hulldown, you can troll even 183s that think their guns cannot ever bounce. Both are truly amazing tanks, I used to enjoy more the Foch (Tier 9) for the excellent speed but now that is nerfed Jagdtiger is my favourite T9 even tho I play MBT70 way too much. My name in game is Xur_32 but I'm in the EU server so you won't be able to find me in game, here have a look: https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Xur_32  I have so bad "recent" stats because I now only play like two games a week so all the experience I had it's lost and I play really bad XD

14 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And that M60 was certainly a legendary fiasco lol. Not gotten the snow globe yet to get a crate to get one of those random tanks, but hoping for them Gravedigger.

IMHO it's the biggest fiasco WG has ever made and to date we still have no answer of what actually happended... I got Gravedigger on his event and well it's a special tank... You can bully T6s all day long playing it like a Maus (sidescrapping and angling turret), that can work against T7s as well but T8 matches are the worst thing ever with Gravedigger... Not even APCR have enough pen to damage the very common T8s heavies and it will cost you over 8k credits per clip... It's probably the only tank that depends purely on MM, probably the best tank to bully T6s but absolutely worthless in T8 games.

15 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Hayate could always be buffed post release, although it might take a while for that to happen as evidenced by WOTB premium tanks that have been buffed over the years.

To be fair in Blitz they buff it much faster than in WoWs but there if a premium is buffed, 9 out of 10 times is because it's going to be sold next patch...

Ships like Ashitaka took over 2 years to buff and we are all waiting for Azuma/Yahagi/Yuudachi buffs that will probably come around mid 2021 if the game survives that long... Salem also took around 2 years to buff (IMHO not needed but very welcome) and so many other prems did... That's why I complain to much during the WIP state of ships, because if they don't change over the testing time we have to wait just insane amounts of time to see the buffs...

15 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Oh by the way if your ever having a miserable time in WOWS with MM, jump over to WOTB and you likely will have great MM, hilarious how the MM often is opposite between the games, well at least for me anyway. Or maybe it’s the fact I can sharp shoot in tanks and have my armor bounce shell after shell of poorly aimed enemy shells during weekends or other such bad player heavy times.

Ironically I find bad teams more frustrating in WoTB just because the teams are just 7vs7 so every single player counts MUCH more... Still carrying in tanks is relatively easier because you can use the armor more easily and the reloads are way faster (in general), also the maps in land can provide MUCH more usefulness than water with islands here and there, terrain is an amazing thing of the land based war games and I love that so much