You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

Blacklist

14 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,160 battles

Have one for chat, how about one for team mates you don't ever want again on your team in random. You know, those that sink friendlies, fire on teammates, go off the map chasing a rabbit on domination, never cap or try too even with open cap. Those that do a 180 as soon as an enemy ship is spotted way off on the horizon and go hide at the boundary line as far from the action they can get. Any one player getting blacklisted 500 times gets restricted to co op or is forced onto teams of similar players fighting similar enemies. Or get restricted to t1 to t3 battles for a month. Something....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[WORX]
Members
10,586 posts
18,482 battles
2 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Have one for chat, how about one for team mates you don't ever want again on your team in random. You know, those that sink friendlies, fire on teammates, go off the map chasing a rabbit on domination, never cap or try too even with open cap. Those that do a 180 as soon as an enemy ship is spotted way off on the horizon and go hide at the boundary line as far from the action they can get. Any one player getting blacklisted 500 times gets restricted to co op or is forced onto teams of similar players fighting similar enemies. Or get restricted to t1 to t3 battles for a month. Something....

If you're requesting to do your own "sorting," sooner or later... You're going to end up playing by your self.

Random is Random... Which means today/this match, they play with you... The next game they play as red.

Random does a good job of making up teams with the available population.

[BNKR]
Members
1,622 posts
2,464 battles

There is already a punishment system for people who repeatedly sink friendlies, including permanent ban. The other items are too subjective to start doling out punishments. Just because you think I should have taken that cap doesn't mean I saw it the same way. You think Wargaming is going to shun my wallet because I play the game in a way that you deem unacceptable? Let's be real.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,876 battles

As much do i would love never play with bad people in my blacklist again this system is not good for the game sinse its in teory make limitations how can impact the mm in our favor.

but i think blacklist reduce the change of someone be in your match in random, i mean, i never see people how was in my blacklist again in randons and i have a LOT people in blacklist.

• Cool 1

Members
1,660 posts
29 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

First, it isn't your team.  It is a team you are a member of, a collective or collaboration if you will.

Second, randon means random.  Put limits on it, selections, and it stops being random.

Third, instead of ranting and insisting everyone play the way you want them to, perhaps you could adjust to the reality at hand instead of what you want it to be.  Situational awareness and map reading is just as critical for reading green fleet actions as red fleet ones.  You have to adjust your play to both fleets actions, nit just red fleet.  If you can only play your ship one way, you need to think out of the box and learn how to fight in less than 'ideal' circumstances.

Sure it is frustrating at times, we all get irked, but that is what random is.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
grammar
  • Cool 1

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,385 battles
25 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

How about NO!

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles

Literally would have people blacklist any good player resulting in them sitting in queue for years waiting for a game.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,976 posts
20,643 battles
3 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

Match maker cannot handle how many players wouldn't want to play with you...

And, face it, a team of one is lonely....

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,858 battles
3 hours ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Literally would have people blacklist any good player resulting in them sitting in queue for years waiting for a game.

I'm very confused … 

I always thought a blacklist flag on an enemy red was a priority kill indicator :)

I mean, isn't that what it's for?

Edited by Commander_367

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,407 posts
13,429 battles
6 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

A stat padding [edited] might take the intention behind this system and blacklist the excellent players on the server so they only face potatoes.  Probably not a good idea to open up these sorts of things in MMing.

[WOLFD]
Members
421 posts
3,548 battles
8 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

Any one player getting blacklisted 500 times gets restricted to co op or is forced onto teams of similar players fighting similar enemies.

Sweet! Can we do the same thing to keep randoms out of co-op?

• Cool 1

[WOOK3]
Members
4,212 posts
3,235 battles

- why should co-op be a dumping ground for players with bad attitudes? It's quite friendly there

- the system would be used for griefing. People would just blacklist every CV player so that they would be banished from randoms. This is a fatal flaw of the suggestion