Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vorlonagent

ModStation doesn't correctly detect Version

3 comments in this topic

[DD201]
Members
124 posts
3,913 battles

ModStation did not detect my WoWS install updating from 0.8.9 to 0.8.10.  It's the first time I've updated since reinstalling WoWS after reinstalling Windows.  The odd thing in the mix is I saved off my previous install folder (0.8.9) and copied it into a fresh install rather than download the game.   The updater updates and detects version properly.  It's just ModStation doesn't.  Is there a way to fix ModStation short of wiping everything out and reinstalling?

[DD201]
Members
124 posts
3,913 battles

WoWs is current and Modstation is happy.  I won't know if the problem is actually fixed until the next update.

I bit the bullet and uninstalled WoWs, uninstalled ModStation, deleted the WoWs folder entirely and reinstalled both.  I reinstalled ModStation with the latest install file rather than the older one I kept in reserve.  

I would have deleted the ModStation folder but I couldn't find it and didn't look that hard for it.  Given that the list of mods were in the WoWS game folder not ModStation, I figured deleting the game folder was the big thing.

[DD201]
Members
124 posts
3,913 battles

The uninstall/reinstall of both WoWs and Modtstation did the trick.  I installed the latest update and Modstation updated fine.

More of the story kids, is don't try to take shortcuts reinstalling WoWs.

Sign in to follow this