Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Quincy71_GWP

USS Black is the wrong model

19 comments in this topic

[TF-62]
Members
123 posts
31,556 battles

I get it that Black came out after Fletcher and it used the same model. A early model "round bridge" Fletcher. But since the Kidd was added, there is a model for a "square bridge" Fletcher. That is what the Black was. A "square bridge" Fletcher. In other words a later and improved design. I would like to see this inaccuracy changed.

USS Black.jpg

• Cool 5

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
1 minute ago, Quincy71_GWP said:

I get it that Black came out after Fletcher and it used the same model. A early model "round bridge" Fletcher. But since the Kidd was added, there is a model for a "square bridge" Fletcher. That is what the Black was. A "square bridge" Fletcher. In other words a later and improved design. I would like to see this inaccuracy changed.

USS Black.jpg

Probably won't happen, but never hurts to ask.

All the Kongo clones are all Hiei's model IIRC.

• Cool 4

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,243 posts
12,678 battles

Come on. Do you know how much effort it takes to create the new, correct model? It's not that they already have a square bridge Fletcher laying around...

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,442 battles
20 minutes ago, Quincy71_GWP said:

I would like to see this inaccuracy changed.

Say please in a support ticket, then hold your breath!

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,042 posts
11,191 battles

What they really need to do is make the last hull of the line Fletcher the low/square bridge. And just change the black when they do that. 

What only like 35 of the early fletchers had the round bridges?

[P-V-E]
Members
1,508 posts

the question is, was she launched with the square bridge rather than the round bridge, its not as if retrofitting at the time of repairing damage wasn't a thing.

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,042 posts
11,191 battles
8 minutes ago, FullMetal_Inferno said:

YES

Gearing model should be lower in the water for sure.

They could just use the YY model for the gearing as a starting point to update it since the YY is a sumner.

2b91d245f6b3a77c984d45f32d093e95.png&key

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

Gearing is starting to look like a cardboard model.  Legacy Alpha render with low res textures and bump maps.  Sure, the little doodads added over time help (ladders and other minutiae, etc.) but it's just adorning a turd at this point.

And lower it into the water ffs.  Yeah, b*llsh*t "balans" reasons...  the thing is nearly sitting on top of the water.  Almost as bad as the Shinonome.  It's not like it's over-performing.  Bet if it were lend-leased to the Sovs WG would have made it semi-submersible.

• Cool 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,934 battles
16 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Yeah, b*llsh*t "balans" reasons... 

I dont hink is because balance reason atm... the gearing model is old, its one first of game models... the usn/ijn line was the first models in this game they update the yamato a time ago they need review some old models too...

Members
4,317 posts
4,594 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Probably won't happen, but never hurts to ask.

All the Kongo clones are all Hiei's model IIRC.

Would be interesting to see Black changed. Doubt Kongo will though. If I remember right all of them in the anime were the same too. 

• Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,033 posts
17,512 battles

They did a revamp of the Yamato a few months ago, and it’s not like they’ll be able to leverage that to other ships, so who knows.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
3 hours ago, KHyena said:

I dont hink is because balance reason atm... the gearing model is old, its one first of game models... the usn/ijn line was the first models in this game they update the yamato a time ago they need review some old models too...

How high or how deep ships rest on the water are absolutely used for balancing.  The likest function is the use of a coefficient.  Yamato and Musashi are prime examples of this.

How old the model is has nothing to do with it.  It can be set to sit as low or high in the water as WG sees fit.

Edited by Kuckoo

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
3 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Gearing is starting to look like a cardboard model.  Legacy Alpha render with low res textures and bump maps.  Sure, the little doodads added over time help (ladders and other minutiae, etc.) but it's just adorning a turd at this point.

And lower it into the water ffs.  Yeah, b*llsh*t "balans" reasons...  the thing is nearly sitting on top of the water.  Almost as bad as the Shinonome.  It's not like it's over-performing.  Bet if it were lend-leased to the Sovs WG would have made it semi-submersible.

A lot of the old IJN & USN ships from launch are like that.  They're looking pretty ragged.  Yamato got fixed up over the last year or so.  The newer Missouri looks better than Iowa.  Hell, Missouri has access to historical Measure 22 camo while Iowa and many other USN BBs got... *something*.  And don't get me started on the IJN camo.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,934 battles
26 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

How high or how deep ships rest on the water are absolutely used for balancing.  The likest function is the use of a coefficient.  Yamato and Musashi are prime examples of this.

How old the model is has nothing to do with it.  It can be set to sit as low or high in the water as WG sees fit.

Yes... and no...

Its for balance but it was for old balance, atm its no need be this much above water, and its not only that the model is outdated like most of old ships...

Also they cant "just" put the ship lower, they need test/change the code/test for that.

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

Yueyang has the wrong bridge as well. It underwent a FRAM and was extensively modified for the US Navy long before it was given to Taiwan.

Sign in to follow this