You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

Naked ships

32 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,193 battles

Since the update playing t5 to t7 I am seeing a lot more naked ships? No camo, no flags etc. Are a bunch of co op players now in random? Or are these bots? Had a team yesterday where I and one team mate had camo and flags on my side? Several games where maybe half had camo? Or is everyone just broke or saving them for something else? Mostly t5 and t6 ships. Or is it the rewards are not enough for many to use them?

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,397 battles
7 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Since the update playing t5 to t7 I am seeing a lot more naked ships? No camo, no flags etc. Are a bunch of co op players now in random? Or are these bots? Had a team yesterday where I and one team mate had camo and flags on my side? Several games where maybe half had camo? Or is everyone just broke or saving them for something else? Mostly t5 and t6 ships. Or is it the rewards are not enough for many to use them?

Heck, I see it pretty often in Tiers 8-10, two different games yesterday had Shimas with no camo.  I don't find it all that unusual.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,034 posts
23,838 battles

Lots of people run without camo.  You just haven't been paying attention to it :Smile_coin:

Not everyone has tens of thousands of camo sitting around, and a bunch of Perma-Camo fitted ships.

Hell, there are guys that accidentally go into games without any camo on their Premium Ship despite such ships having one.  Like, they were using some consumable camo for a grind, that ran out, and they hit BATTLE! before putting the regular Perma-Camo on or something else.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 3

Members
3,378 posts
6,787 battles

Some players are getting conservative and saving credits and doubloons.   ITS the NEW REALITY!  

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,211 posts
5,645 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Lots of people run without camo.  You just haven't been paying attention to it :Smile_coin:

Not everyone has tens of thousands of camo sitting around, and a bunch of Perma-Camo fitted ships.

Hell, there are guys that accidentally go into games without any camo on their Premium Ship despite such ships having one.  Like, they were using some consumable camo for a grind, that ran out, and they hit BATTLE! before putting the regular Perma-Camo on or something else.

If I use a special camo and "battle on" without checking if I'm still having camo, I'll go "naked". Maybe add a warning would help.

[HINON]
Members
13,250 posts
3 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

If I use a special camo and "battle on" without checking if I'm still having camo, I'll go "naked". Maybe add a warning would help.

Just start issuing fines and citations and it should go away.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[REVY]
Members
2,282 posts
12,244 battles
2 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

Could be a couple of things

First off, yes, people could be running their ships naked. Silly...but it happens.

Second: player maybe be grinding away and hit battle again, not realizing they had used up their stock of that particular camo. Again, it happens.

Third: if you are one of those people who shut off the anime, monster, Mad Max camos, you are going to see a naked hull. Yeah, that player still gets any bonuses associated with the camo, but you don't see it because you turned it off.

• Cool 2

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,770 posts

Nothing in the rules states that you MUST wear camo on your ship... or use signal flags

[ARGSY]
Members
20,061 posts
14,295 battles

If we can have two choices of camo colour, I can't see why we shouldn't be able to take a third choice of naked-lookinh. Rock out with your **** out in battle after battle, and make the world think you are a careless noob.

• Funny 1

[H2O]
Members
51 posts
11,023 battles

I have been having a lot of bots in the games today in coop which shouldn't happen unless early in the morning. The mm has been very erratic since the upgrade. The bots have a : in front of their name Frigate007 like :daniel

[TWFT3]
Members
143 posts
4,469 battles
29 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Just start issuing fines and citations and it should go away.

Fines? Are you serious? By all means, let's fine people for being broke.

• Cool 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
14,896 battles

You also desactive special cammos? (like arp/space/anime/etc cammos) this will show the ships with this cammos "naked" for you.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,872 posts
16,265 battles

Remember the days before camo or flags ... much less to worry about remembering ... wait, what was I going to say? :cap_hmm: :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
279 posts
1,259 battles

I normally try to use at least a camo, but on ships lines im in no hurry to tier up, or ships that already have decent concealment i will go without. Driving a CV dont really need one all the time as it tends to sit behind a island far in the back field. 

[HINON]
Members
13,250 posts
53 minutes ago, AriochIV said:

Read the topic heading and then my statement  :Smile_hiding:

ZvpRUtT.gif

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
28,966 posts
8,218 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Come on though, the 3% concealment camo is cheap as chips.....

To be fair though, sometimes people run out and forget to replace. I run a naked Kongo and Myoko, because I sold the tech tree versions and run the ARP versions instead.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,152 posts
10,983 battles
4 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

Since the update playing t5 to t7 I am seeing a lot more naked ships?

when I first started this game, the camos and flags were things i brushed over and only considered when playing ranked. I didn't realize how important they were to use always until T7 having completed over 1k battles. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,625 posts

4 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

I am seeing a lot more naked ships? 

I once ran my Worcester for 20 games with a zero-point commander, no camo, and, no signals, and no modules. It performed decently, if not superbly. Little perks do add up and make things run more smoothly but are not absolutely necessary to successfully playing the game. 

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,193 battles

I wonder if the cost of signals is just to high in the current meta? A few of them are pretty pricey credit wise. I know I struggle to earn enough credits to pay for running more than 4 or 5 at a time that I have not won or got in a container. More so on lower tier ships.

[SOUP]
Modder, Supertester
8,770 posts
4 hours ago, AriochIV said:

Agreed, and HEY! I know you~! Love your Stars in Shadows stuff!  Your planet art is gorgeous!

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,135 posts
13,741 battles
7 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

There are many reasons people do not use camos. I would say the cost is the main reason. Also I'm not wasting a special camo on a ship or captain that doesn't need the perk. At this time I have a number of camos I can use so unless I forget I run a camo in both coop & random battles. But each to his own.