Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Thing that triggers me the most in this game.

8 comments in this topic

Members
2,439 posts
5,379 battles

Other team has 2 of 3 caps. Our team is winning on ships, but other team has more points. Players on our team REFUSE to get inside a cap and atleast contest or decap it. We end up losing with more ships based on points alone. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

Yeah that’s one of the reasons I equip at least BFT and AFT both for AA and secondary guns on most of my BBs so that I can move into chaps with my teams. Often if you word thing just right in a pleasant manner, you can get at least a ship or 2 maybe more to go with you as you secure caps. Just something about close support from BBs that puts their minds at ease.

[SALVO]
Members
24,851 posts
25,947 battles
8 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Other team has 2 of 3 caps. Our team is winning on ships, but other team has more points. Players on our team REFUSE to get inside a cap and atleast contest or decap it. We end up losing with more ships based on points alone. 

I can understand that some players just won't go into caps, dumb as it can be.  But not willing to SHOOT into caps to defend it?  That's beyond understanding.  If you have a bunch of play for funners who only care about shooting stuff, etc., why wouldn't they be willing to shoot ships that are on caps?  If anything, doing so will give them even more XP and credits when they earn some defense ribbons.  Of course, maybe they don't care about those either.  :etc_swear:

Members
2,439 posts
5,379 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

I can understand that some players just won't go into caps, dumb as it can be.  But not willing to SHOOT into caps to defend it?  That's beyond understanding.  If you have a bunch of play for funners who only care about shooting stuff, etc., why wouldn't they be willing to shoot ships that are on caps?  If anything, doing so will give them even more XP and credits when they earn some defense ribbons.  Of course, maybe they don't care about those either.  :etc_swear:

Had a smolensk player on my team today that was playing the 2and 3 line not getting close or contesting caps with a ship lead and towards endgame (not many ships left) he said my ship doesn’t have enough armor to do anything so I have to sit back. True story.

its like players get this idea in their head they cannot risk their ships sometimes to help the team out. Not saying go full blown YOLO, but risk have to be done sometimes and you have to play outside your comfort level.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,851 posts
25,947 battles
2 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Had a smolensk player on my team today that was playing the 2and 3 line not getting close or contesting caps with a ship lead and towards endgame (not many ships left) he said my ship doesn’t have enough armor to do anything so I have to sit back. True story.

its like players get this idea in their head they cannot risk their ships sometimes to help the team out. Not saying go full blown YOLO, but risk have to be done sometimes and you have to play outside your comfort level.

While I can appreciate the fact that very low armor can make it difficult/painful to do certain things, in my opinion that argument only makes some senses early in a battle.  If it's late in the battle and your team needs caps, you need to do riskier things if you expect to have any chance to turn things around and win.  Heck, I could argue that that's why one protects their HP pool early in a battle so that you have those HP for more critical situations late in a battle.

[PVE]
Members
4,277 posts
18,688 battles
7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's not dumb not going into caps.....  Your team is 20K behind you hiding behind Islands !  So, it's you against the entire red team!!!!  Add in 3 radar ships and a Carrier and............well, another loss.  All the while those camping ships 15 or 20 K back are screaming at you for "not getting killed to spot for them" and then, to cap off yet another STOMP, you get negative karma along with sometimes pretty toxic chat....  Screw that.  It's why I no longer play Randoms.  And, if you think this type of behaviors are isolated incidents, you are really wrong.  In the past few weeks, our clan ventures into Randoms and I tag along.  We are 3-26 or so......  Wow, that is so much fun to lose the same way every game.

@Legio_X_ is describing those 26 loses to the letter.  Every game these past few weeks go the same way: all that changes is that you can end up on the Stomping team occasionally versus the Stomped team most often........!

This is just the mature game cycle where the population starts to separate into new players versus veterans.....  And, since skill isn't ever going to be discussed, it's all we are going to see for quite a while till the game implodes or the population increases and skill levels start to level out....  The game is reaping what it sowed in bad game decisions.

By the way @Crucis, you can't fight back at all if their entire team is in or directly around the caps (and, your team is 15-20K back hiding) because you die immediately......

[SALVO]
Members
24,851 posts
25,947 battles
4 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

It's not dumb not going into caps.....  Your team is 20K behind you hiding behind Islands !  So, it's you against the entire red team!!!!  Add in 3 radar ships and a Carrier and............well, another loss.  All the while those camping ships 15 or 20 K back are screaming at you for "not getting killed to spot for them" and then, to cap off yet another STOMP, you get negative karma along with sometimes pretty toxic chat....  Screw that.  It's why I no longer play Randoms.  And, if you think this type of behaviors are isolated incidents, you are really wrong.  In the past few weeks, our clan ventures into Randoms and I tag along.  We are 3-26 or so......  Wow, that is so much fun to lose the same way every game.

@Legio_X_ is describing those 26 loses to the letter.  Every game these past few weeks go the same way: all that changes is that you can end up on the Stomping team occasionally versus the Stomped team most often........!

This is just the mature game cycle where the population starts to separate into new players versus veterans.....  And, since skill isn't ever going to be discussed, it's all we are going to see for quite a while till the game implodes or the population increases and skill levels start to level out....  The game is reaping what it sowed in bad game decisions.

By the way @Crucis, you can't fight back at all if their entire team is in or directly around the caps (and, your team is 15-20K back hiding) because you die immediately......

Asym, I didn't say that not going into caps was outright dumb.  What I meant in that opening sentence is that it CAN be dumb at times.  It can be dumb to utterly refuse to move up, regardless of the type of ship you have.  Also consider the situation he described, a battle where his team was ahead on ships sunk, but behind on points because the enemy held 2 of the 3 caps.  In that situation, one would think that his team with its # of ships advantage should have been able to find a way to push the enemy away from one of the caps and take it.

The problem here is that you're narrowing the problem to such a degree that of course you wouldn't have any reason to want to push into the cap, when you should have been talking about the situation that @Legio_X_ laid out.

As for skill, the only thing that could be done would be for WG to change MM over to a skill based MM model and trying to balance out the teams in terms of overall skill.  But they've consistently refused to do that because they're caving to the tiny unicum minority's screeches of unfairness and ignoring the monumental unfairness of grossly imbalanced teams for everyone else.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Players on our team REFUSE to get inside a cap and atleast contest or decap it.

Were you among those who refused?

Sign in to follow this