You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sparviero

Question: Where the lights turned off on the Taranto port to hide the horrible implementation?

24 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
1,624 posts
2,516 battles

It is very dark since the update. I like bright ports because I like looking at the ships. Switched over to New York when I saw how dark Taranto was.

• Cool 2

[UFFA]
Members
2,111 posts
75 battles
1 hour ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

It is very dark since the update. I like bright ports because I like looking at the ships. Switched over to New York when I saw how dark Taranto was.

Same. 

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
608 posts
8,354 battles

Good this came up as I thought it was just me.   Taranto port's been one of my favorites but when I got a new ship and wanted to see how it looked with that background, it was so dark I moved to others and each, including Hawaii, are quite dark.

• Cool 1

[TWFT3]
Members
143 posts
4,469 battles

Yeah, Taranto was my port at the time of the update. I don't mind that dark background, but I can't see my bloody ship. I switched it.

• Cool 1

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts

Isn't it the same exact port as in north east of Neighbors? It looks much better in the map IMO and with mountain background. In fact, why couldn't they program the port to literally be IN the map?

SIDENOTE: would've been really cool to have ALL the ships you own to actually be sitting there in the port! ...and perhaps to be able to rearrange them? ... and pan around the port at will? ok ok i know that's probably asking too much. LoL

Also, the engine sounds of that other boat in Taranto are too loud and after some time become annoying. I wish they could tone it down.

Edited by RusskiySpy

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts

The port is dark because it changes the time of day... kinda (although the time is not 1:1 which is good). It does that with some other ports too... Hawaii, Kronshtadt, Black Sea. They slowly become darker and brighter.

Edited by RusskiySpy

[UFFA]
Members
2,111 posts
75 battles

I was kind of hoping to see some other ships placed along side whatever you had selected. Sort of like in WoT garage maybe.

A really good view of one of the dreadnoughts pre-modernization. CA74, and a Battle or Daring class(?), among others.

Time of day? First I have heard of it. No need for capslock, though.

[NSEW]
Members
1,865 posts
10,724 battles
1 hour ago, IsThatreallyTheplan said:

I hope there's a future  change to this port. it is  way too dark and gloomy.

Funny my London port still has the ice, snow, and what ever else winter brings in the port.  I'd have thought Taranto was London...

[TWFT3]
Members
143 posts
4,469 battles
8 hours ago, RusskiySpy said:

The port is dark because it changes the time of day... kinda (although the time is not 1:1 which is good). It does that with some other ports too... Hawaii, Kronshtadt, Black Sea. They slowly become darker and brighter.

I noticed that's the case with some other ports, but Taranto has been continuously dark since the patch. Also unlike the other dark ports, there's no lighting on the ship.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

Honestly: that's the laziest port design in the game. It doesn't even have the famous Ponte Girevole bridge leading to the inner harbor? What - is the port supposed to be pre-1886? 

Lame.

Lame lame lame. 

Edited by Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal
  • Boring 1

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
5 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

....Because the backdrop for a ship/captain menu system is so why we play this game..

Not.

You're right. They shouldn't put any effort into anything. 

[BNKR]
Members
1,624 posts
2,516 battles
7 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

....Because the backdrop for a ship/captain menu system is so why we play this game..

Not.

The only job worth doing is a job half done, I always say.

• Funny 1

Members
4,314 posts
4,588 battles
9 hours ago, Sparviero said:

I was kind of hoping to see some other ships placed along side whatever you had selected. Sort of like in WoT garage maybe.

I imagine a new premium port, now that dry dock is standard, would have your tabbed ships randomly appear in that port somewhere. Loading times may take a tad longer though for lower end computers.  

[A-D-F]
Members
1,163 posts
10,477 battles
13 hours ago, Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal said:

You're right. They shouldn't put any effort into anything. 

Resort to hyperbole much?

• Boring 1

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts
23 hours ago, RusskiySpy said:

^ Looks like I was wrong about this. Taranto does not go into day (not anymore???). That IS disappointing :Smile_sad:

Edited by RusskiySpy

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
15 hours ago, Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal said:

Honestly: that's the laziest port design in the game. It doesn't even have the famous Ponte Girevole bridge leading to the inner harbor? What - is the port supposed to be pre-1886?

It's there, it's just in the open position.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,163 posts
10,477 battles
41 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_PrncsRoyal said:

Oh Good Christ. No, I am not playing these games. Goodbye.

You replied with a hyperbole; you should probably grow a thicker skin before playing that particular game.

Well, bye.