You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gillhunter

What do Green Bot CV's bring to the game?

21 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,381 battles

I'm a PVE main. If people want to play CV's in co-op it's fine with me. My issue is the MM bringing in a Green CV when no human is playing one. The Green CV contributes very little to the game IMHO. The Red CV seems to do an excellent job of spotting for the Red BB's, especially at the beginning of the match. Then there is the "fun" of spending 5 minutes chasing down the Red CV that does a great job of using islands for cover and turns like a DD.

I wish the MM would quit putting them in the match.

[VIKNG]
Beta Testers
391 posts
8,854 battles

Was wondering about that myself. Why put in a bot CV on both sides ? Bot CV's should only be found on the Bot team to counter a human CV player.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
48 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

I'm a PVE main. If people want to play CV's in co-op it's fine with me. My issue is the MM bringing in a Green CV when no human is playing one. The Green CV contributes very little to the game IMHO. The Red CV seems to do an excellent job of spotting for the Red BB's, especially at the beginning of the match. Then there is the "fun" of spending 5 minutes chasing down the Red CV that does a great job of using islands for cover and turns like a DD.

I wish the MM would quit putting them in the match.

14 minutes ago, ThomasFranz67 said:

Was wondering about that myself. Why put in a bot CV on both sides ? Bot CV's should only be found on the Bot team to counter a human CV player.

So you can shoot down planes. Bot CVs on the green team were added before the rework when you didn't see as many CVs. It was so you could actually use an AA build and have it have something to shoot at. I don't mind green bot CVs as they spot and don't do much damage leaving more for us meatbags humans to farm.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
22,572 battles

I don't care for carriers in matches because the planes launching and spawning cause too much lag in the game. It is very annoying. Friendly bot carriers are pretty useless and the red bot carriers are only good at feeding you plane kills. The upside is what Kiz said, they suck so much that they do tend to not be in competition with the human players for farming damage. For me it is just the lag that they cause in the game that makes playing a chore so tend not to play beyond farming the rewards I want and then moving on to some other game to play. 

• Confused 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,381 battles

It seems to me, back before the rework if you de-planed them they kind of gave up and you could kill them more quickly. Now you never de-plane them and they run and it takes much longer to kill them and end the match. 

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
4 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

It seems to me, back before the rework if you de-planed them they kind of gave up and you could kill them more quickly. Now you never de-plane them and they run and it takes much longer to kill them and end the match. 

Just means more planes to shoot down. The bot CVs will send out one plane squadrons, so it's not like they are dangerous late game.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
22,572 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Just means more planes to shoot down. The bot CVs will send out one plane squadrons, so it's not like they are dangerous late game.

Well they do eventually change the type of planes they send out late game and become more a threat than they are mid-game. Depends on how long the game goes on. Honestly though, saying "more a threat" is kind of like saying a chihuahua is more a threat than a pekingese...  It can be true but hardly worth noting. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,381 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

No they aren't dangerous, just a pain. Shooting down planes is useful for some missions, but you get no XP, or Credits for shooting down planes.

[BEA5T]
[BEA5T]
Members
378 posts
14,423 battles

Well you can look at it another way and  farm the planes for more XP ?     As for me when having a BOT CV in game means I can expect to be spotted quite early ( being I am  usually in a DD) and for the BOTS to start their focus fire barrage.    So yea there is a change in tactics required but I can say it is funny when you start seeing double digit numbers on a DD for plane kills 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
9 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well they do eventually change the type of planes they send out late game and become more a threat than they are mid-game. Depends on how long the game goes on. Honestly though, saying "more a threat" is kind of like saying a chihuahua is more a threat than a pekingese...  It can be true but hardly worth noting. 

:Smile_teethhappy:

5 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

No they aren't dangerous, just a pain. Shooting down planes is useful for some missions, but you get no XP, or Credits for shooting down planes.

Incorrect. That was true at the beginning of the CV rework while it was tweaked. But now you get XP and credits for shooting down planes.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,381 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

Incorrect. That was true at the beginning of the CV rework while it was tweaked. But now you get XP and credits for shooting down planes.

That's interesting because there was a thread this week about not getting any benefit from plane kills.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
20 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

That's interesting because there was a thread this week about not getting any benefit from plane kills.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings#Earning_Credits_and_Experience

76908786_AAXPandcredits.thumb.JPG.57cda1c10f9f22d38b86fbcc4caa772c.JPG

5. From Update 0.8.3, only the number of shot down planes are calculated into credits and XP. This has been changed to damage done to planes

[WOLF9]
Members
4,476 posts

"What do green bot CV's bring to the Game?"

Red bot CV's.

Which means planes we can farm,  AA skills/consumables we can use,  and the satisfaction of KILLING that red CV.

It also means 1 less surface ship farming the hell out of the bot team.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,076 posts
23,845 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

So you can shoot down planes. Bot CVs on the green team were added before the rework when you didn't see as many CVs. It was so you could actually use an AA build and have it have something to shoot at. I don't mind green bot CVs as they spot and don't do much damage leaving more for us meatbags humans to farm.

There is also CV Mirror Match Making.  If there's a CV game, both teams will always have the same number.  This isn't like WoWS at Launch when there was no CV Mirroring.  Your team back then could have no CVs and still be facing an enemy Strike Hiryu player with 3 TBs and 3 DB squads :Smile_coin:

==============

If you guys want to blame the bot CV for your Co-op teams loss, all you guys sucked.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There is also CV Mirror Match Making.  If there's a CV game, both teams will always have the same number.  This isn't like WoWS at Launch when there was no CV Mirroring.  Your team back then could have no CVs and still be facing an enemy Strike Hiryu player with 3 TBs and 3 DB squads :Smile_coin:

That is basic MM and I know this, but didn't figure it was relevant. Before the rework, when CVs could adjust their loadouts of planes, MM didnt mirror the loadout, but only the ships. So a strike CV could go up against a fighter CV, including with the bot CVs in co-op.

3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

==============

If you guys want to blame the bot CV for your Co-op teams loss, all you guys sucked.

Tru dat.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,013 posts
22,572 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I truly miss being able to report bots for being bots.................. Honestly it is probably my fault, I used to tell everyone to report Parks in Operation Dynamo for being a bot... 

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I truly miss being able to report bots for being bots.................. Honestly it is probably my fault, I used to tell everyone to report Parks in Operation Dynamo for being a bot... 

Maybe we just were not being supportive enough to Parks. We should have told him this. ;)

01010011 01110100 01100001 01111001 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110100 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101101 01101001 01101110 01100101 01100110 01101001 01100101 01101100 01100100 00100001

[PVE]
Members
11,847 posts
24,524 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

This is the answer. So many people complain about CV's in Co-op and call them useless and they forget (or don't know) that they are a credit and XP bonanza for the Co-op players. Every plane you shoot down and every HP of damage to that red CV is XP and credits for you. I posted this in another thread complaining about CV's in Co-op - I have 21 1000+ BXP games in Co-op. From pre 8.0 and post 8.0. Not one of them didn't involve a CV. I am serious. Not a single 1000+ BXP game, in the old system or new, unless there was a CV in the game for planes down and CV damage. 

4 hours ago, gillhunter said:

The post 8.0 CV AI is not a big threat as a rule. The old CV AI was much better. BUT they can still get you. IF you are careless and low HP they can get a torp into you as they do drop those every time. They also are dropping bombs and rockets more. I actually got hit by a bomber and killed in a low HP DD because I wasn't even trying to evade because I thought oh it's a bomber no reason to. 

They absolutely give you XP and credits (the planes and the CV). This JB game I just had a few days ago is a classic example. Look at what my damage was done to. Look at that T10 CV damage/kill + 22 planes down. This was an 824 BXP game with no caps. Most of my damage outside of that CV damage was to a couple CA's and then 2 BB's. IF you take the CV and plane stuff out and add 60K in damage to another BB let's say this is a standard 500-600 max XP game and the credits would be WAY lower. This is the most credits I have ever got out of a ship that wasn't Missouri. If I did this in Mo it might have been 1 Million+? Certainly 900K+ anyway. And for darn sure it is this high due to the CV damage/kill and planes down not the rest of what I did.  (yes I had flags on to boost credits - it would take flags even with Missouri to reach 800K).

This game below 100% shows why people should want CV's in Co-op even as bot controlled ones. It just adds to the XP and credits you will get if you can get planes down and damage on the CV. Please people, for the love of god, stop complaining about them and ruin it. They are a reward slot machine for Co-op players who earn so little in the mode. 

1151SNg.jpg

fMGwQnG.jpg

K7pnCMr.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder