Rollingonit

Disney+, Any Thoughts

23 comments in this topic

Members
3,582 posts
12,941 battles

I kind of want to get it, just for The Mandalorian. Looked at their catalog of content, while lacking in quantity, quality seems to be present. 

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,459 battles

Binge watch and then quit for a while and when there is new stuff binge again. That's my plan anyway.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,617 posts
18,506 battles

Its a streaming service...

My only issue is  the FCC's Net neutrality rules in favoring it over other non paid streaming sites.

No change in eliminating Net Neutrality with this administration.

• Cool 1

Members
3,582 posts
12,941 battles
24 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Binge watch and then quit for a while and when there is new stuff binge again. That's my plan anyway.

Yah, was thinking that. Wait till the full show/season is over, get a free trial (cancel before end of trial), and then just binge watch it.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,877 posts
4,881 battles

I'm doing the 12.99 plan that includes hulu, I already been running hulu for the last year. so it a win win for me. So basely I'm running Netflix and Disney+hulu bundle now. Enough to keep me entertained for a while

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,097 posts
4,081 battles

Have Netflix now, not really enough on Disney to justify going over. Mandalorian is cool, but I'll live without it just fine, at least for a while. Also, let's see what else Disney puts up there, if it's just one or two good shows and a bunch of crappy ones, going to be a pass. Also, Disney has enough of a monopoly, I don't need to contribute to it any more than I already do.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,073 posts
4 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Have Netflix now, not really enough on Disney to justify going over. Mandalorian is cool, but I'll live without it just fine, at least for a while. Also, let's see what else Disney puts up there, if it's just one or two good shows and a bunch of crappy ones, going to be a pass. Also,>>-->>> Disney has enough of a monopoly, I don't need to contribute to it any more than I already do.<<<--<<

This

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,780 posts
25,829 battles
2 hours ago, Rollingonit said:

I kind of want to get it, just for The Mandalorian. Looked at their catalog of content, while lacking in quantity, quality seems to be present. 

Honestly, I'm not big on the idea of paid content services, like CBS All Access.  Just put it on regular TV and run your ads.  But I'm not really cool with paying CBS just to watch two Star Trek series, and then perhaps paying for Disney+ for whatever Marvel series they might have (plus whatever else), and every other service that might have a show or 2 that I might like to watch.  No, I probably won't want to pay for any of them, though CBS has the best chance if the new Picard series is any good.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,095 posts
18,935 battles

Yet another streaming service that wants my money? Didn't we get rid of all this 'pay separately for every channel' nonsense back in the 90s?

• Cool 2

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles
53 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yet another streaming service that wants my money? Didn't we get rid of all this 'pay separately for every channel' nonsense back in the 90s?

^^This. I've got Netflix. I don't want Disney+, I don't want Hulu, and I certainly don't want CBS All Access; I just want the stuff that I'm interested in to be on Netflix. I'm not gonna throw down any money for a service that I'm only going to use to watch A show and maybe some other stuff if I feel like it. I didn't do it for Discovery, I'm not doing it for The Edgelord Hipster Klingon Mandalorian.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
6,914 posts
26,891 battles

Couldn't care less, since they will not come to my country before March next year. 

And yes, beside Amazon Prime and Netflix, I will not pay another streaming service just for watchign Star Wars again and again.

Members
3,087 posts
564 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

indeed..... that is why I bought a FIRESTICK.... so I can watch WHAT I WANT (mostly) for free.99

[ARGSY]
6,914 posts
26,891 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

AJoH1cS.jpg

Well... The Mandalorien broke the pirate record from GoT...

Members
3,582 posts
12,941 battles

Well, since no one here is getting it, I guess this wont spoil anything.

Im gonna get it, cancel Netflix, I need to see Baby Yoda!

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
3 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Well, since no one here is getting it, I guess this wont spoil anything.

Im gonna get it, cancel Netflix, I need to see Baby Yoda!

I am Definitely NOT going to cancel Netflix. Although Disney+ has allowed me to watch Mandalorian, and is letting me watch a lot of old movies and TV shows I have not seen since I was quite young. Just depends on what you want to watch, as it’s cheaper for me to have Disney+ at the moment than it would have been to buy some of what I have been watching, and my younger sister has been enjoying it.

Have to warn you guys though, if you have young girls around, Frozen is on Disney+ so use that streaming service at your own risk...  :Smile_teethhappy:

[BEA5T]
[BEA5T]
Members
374 posts
14,366 battles

I dived in for the Disney +Hulu and ESPN +  bundle   > for the Mandalorian   

I dived in for the CBS All Access when it first came out > Discovery and now PiCARD  

I dived in for AMAZON PRIME Video  for  > TOM CLANCY and  NFL Thursday NIGHT FOOTBALL   ( my cable does not have NFL Channel) 

Most likely discard NETFLIX sometime soon.  

Took me a couple months past the end of GOT to finally let go of HBO PLUS

Seems I may be a sucker for streaming :cap_win:

Members
3,582 posts
12,941 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I am Definitely NOT going to cancel Netflix. Although Disney+ has allowed me to watch Mandalorian, and is letting me watch a lot of old movies and TV shows I have not seen since I was quite young. Just depends on what you want to watch, as it’s cheaper for me to have Disney+ at the moment than it would have been to buy some of what I have been watching, and my younger sister has been enjoying it.

Have to warn you guys though, if you have young girls around, Frozen is on Disney+ so use that streaming service at your own risk...  :Smile_teethhappy:

Im not a fan of Netflix original shows. I havent really been drawn into any of them. 

Members
3,582 posts
12,941 battles
9 hours ago, Lert said:

AJoH1cS.jpg

6 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

I dived in for the Disney +Hulu and ESPN +  bundle   > for the Mandalorian   

I dived in for the CBS All Access when it first came out > Discovery and now PiCARD  

I dived in for AMAZON PRIME Video  for  > TOM CLANCY and  NFL Thursday NIGHT FOOTBALL   ( my cable does not have NFL Channel) 

Most likely discard NETFLIX sometime soon.  

Took me a couple months past the end of GOT to finally let go of HBO PLUS

Seems I may be a sucker for streaming :cap_win:

Yah, isnt much of an issue for me. I see the dilemma, but isnt something Ill really have to worry about. Personally. 

[BEA5T]
[BEA5T]
Members
374 posts
14,366 battles

Welp Not so good news that Disney + already having issues with thousands of user accounts info obtained by unauthorized means and being sold online  ….  Definitely NOT GOOD.  

BUT unfortunately a lot of it falls upon the user using the same account and password on multiple sites.    It is no fun to be locked out of your account when an unauthorized individual (hacker)  changes the email account and password so now you cant get in.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
9 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

Welp Not so good news that Disney + already having issues with thousands of user accounts info obtained by unauthorized means and being sold online  ….  Definitely NOT GOOD.  

BUT unfortunately a lot of it falls upon the user using the same account and password on multiple sites.    It is no fun to be locked out of your account when an unauthorized individual (hacker)  changes the email account and password so now you cant get in.

Lol that’s why even with WG games I use separate accounts, each with separate emails and all of them having totally different passwords. Lol thankfully my memory is very good. It’s pretty much basic security 101 to not only have good/ strong passwords, but also different passwords so that even if 1 password is compromised the damage is limited.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,073 posts
6 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol that’s why even with WG games I use separate accounts, each with separate emails and all of them having totally different passwords. Lol thankfully my memory is very good. It’s pretty much basic security 101 to not only have good/ strong passwords, but also different passwords so that even if 1 password is compromised the damage is limited.

There Is one thing I'd like to drop into this thread,How many of you know how many movies they've got in the vault?(and this isn't even talking about movies they developed)Just that they've got a lock on how and who can watch what they own,Now including FOX Property especially a lot of older stuff,  And then there's movies they've produced and after after being shown a few times were never seen again(and these were worth watching)And this is just drop in the bucket...............................Something to think about

Edited by shadowsrmine