You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SouthboundPachyderm

New damage record for me - in a Friesland.

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
126 posts
11,262 battles

I admit I'm not a great player. But damn... And for the record, my base xp was 40pts higher than the winning team's top ship.  :)

Friesland has quickly become my favorite ship to play. 

friesland1.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,525 battles

Wow, that looks fun! Congratulations on a sweet game. Keep that up and you'll win the next one.

I only play DDs so I was excited there's finally a FXP Destroyer. But then I got bummed that people say Friesland is not such a good ship. I'm also ticked off that she costs an entire 1 million.

Looking at those results makes me think I'll be just fine buying her. I can handle playing with no torps, especially if I can clear 200 K damage with just guns.

Thanks for posting.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
9 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Wow, that looks fun! Congratulations on a sweet game. Keep that up and you'll win the next one.

I only play DDs so I was excited there's finally a FXP Destroyer. But then I got bummed that people say Friesland is not such a good ship. I'm also ticked off that she costs an entire 1 million.

Looking at those results makes me think I'll be just fine buying her. I can handle playing with no torps, especially if I can clear 200 K damage with just guns.

Thanks for posting.

Not to mention word is Friesland will be really good anti submarine DD. And between those guns, the hydro, a possibly usable depth charge mortars, I will be wary of Friesland in my subs if the rumors turn out to be correct.

[PVE]
Members
6,124 posts
22,432 battles
5 hours ago, SouthboundPachyderm said:

I admit I'm not a great player. But damn... And for the record, my base xp was 40pts higher than the winning team's top ship.  :)

friesland1.jpg

Nice job...did you make the GK pay for that 2ndary kill?

[BS]
Members
1,978 posts
10,766 battles

Friesland is a good ship if played correctly. Don't go out and spend 150$ to convert 1 million free xp though, games like that are rare. If you're good at her, you'll average 80-120k a game.

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,180 battles
On 11/15/2019 at 8:31 PM, SouthboundPachyderm said:

friesland1.jpg

What is your Captain build? Was this mostly using HE or AP or mix? 

[THREE]
Members
2,392 posts
13,128 battles
On 11/15/2019 at 6:31 PM, SouthboundPachyderm said:

friesland1.jpg

Hey

Nice score man; it seems like it's quite often that your personal best score are on losing teams.  Just think what that would have been had your team won.  Good job.

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research

Beta Testers
126 posts
11,262 battles
On 12/4/2019 at 12:01 PM, Frigate007 said:

What is your Captain build? Was this mostly using HE or AP or mix? 

Gonna have to look at it tonight when I get home, but that's all HE. Only on close-in broadside CAs do I switch to AP.  I'm basically running the rate-of-fire meme build to get the reload down to 1.4s, extra health skill, concealment. I wish I had enough points left over for RPF, but I don't. Run the 1pt skill to keep your turrets from breaking because that's literally all you have. 

Also invest 14k coal in the hydro mod. Keeps it running almost the full duration of your smoke. 

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,180 battles
28 minutes ago, SouthboundPachyderm said:

Gonna have to look at it tonight when I get home, but that's all HE. Only on close-in broadside CAs do I switch to AP.  I'm basically running the rate-of-fire meme build to get the reload down to 1.4s, extra health skill, concealment. I wish I had enough points left over for RPF, but I don't. Run the 1pt skill to keep your turrets from breaking because that's literally all you have. 

Also invest 14k coal in the hydro mod. Keeps it running almost the full duration of your smoke. 

Thanks for the tip, did not know about the hydro mod. 

[ICBM]
Members
820 posts
9,320 battles

Also put AP on broadside BB superstructure once you've set them on fire. You can really rack up the damage that way and punish them hard. 

Members
67 posts
4,531 battles
On 11/15/2019 at 5:31 PM, SouthboundPachyderm said:

I almost broke 200k on my new Halland with 17 trops hits and 127 shell hits.

Damn, are the guns that good on the Friesland?

Members
3,079 posts
6,590 battles
15 hours ago, Systemlord_1 said:

I almost broke 200k on my new Halland with 17 trops hits and 127 shell hits.

Damn, are the guns that good on the Friesland?

Friesland's guns are better than Halland's by a little bit. Friesland has 360-degree rear turret rotation, meaningfully larger range and slightly faster fire rate.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn